Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #31
coin24
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Just Saw Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
I like it when a movie can make me feel uneasy and uncomfortable. I think itís one of Jokerís biggest strengths.

I just think this movie can potentially incite violence in movie theatres. Thatís not a knock on the movie, itís a knock on American modern society.

Iím just saying for discussions sake, as a filmmaker, how does that come into play during the creative process. It has to be in the back of your mind

When has a movie incited violence in a theatre? This horse shit of an incel outrage is so pathetic.
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:25 PM   #32
Smook A.
Red Nation

Absolutely loved it.

Joaquin killed it in the role. The story was extremely well-written. It was sad, exciting, a little funny at times, and just kept you on the edge.

I give it a 9/10
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:27 PM   #33
Smook A.
Red Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Haven't seen taxi driver or the machinist
Taxi Driver is on Netflix. Go watch it.
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:14 PM   #34
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalm
So when Batman begins his crime fighting career in his mid 20's..Joker is going to be 60 years old?

That was my main problem with the movie

If they were gonna do an alternate take, shoulda said Bruce was home from boarding school or something and went to the opera/ movies.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:22 PM   #35
macmac
Gov'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
When has a movie incited violence in a theatre? This horse shit of an incel outrage is so pathetic.

Whether you want to believe it or not is irrelevant, some theatres have banned ppl dressing up like clowns, undercover nypd cops in New York theatre, and another theatre shut down due to credible threat. Thereís enough ppl that seem to think something can definitely happen.
macmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:29 PM   #36
highwhey
Valley Boyz

Quote:
Whether you want to believe it or not is irrelevant, some theatres have banned ppl dressing up like clowns, undercover nypd cops in New York theatre, and another theatre shut down due to credible threat. There’s enough ppl that seem to think something can definitely happen.
Plus, it's not like the US army issued a memo to it's soldiers to be on the lookout and gave instructions to seek cover in case of an incel shooter.

Oh wait, it actually did.

Coin24 sounds like a triggered incel.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:31 PM   #37
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammichoffate
They wouldn't enjoy it as much because they're too young to understand complex themes the movie has. The movie isnt really violent until the last 1/3rd or so, it's more of a character study so don't expect John Wick or anything.
Thanks
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:33 PM   #38
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Whether you want to believe it or not is irrelevant, some theatres have banned ppl dressing up like clowns, undercover nypd cops in New York theatre, and another theatre shut down due to credible threat. There’s enough ppl that seem to think something can definitely happen.

Unbelievable
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:45 PM   #39
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
I like it when a movie can make me feel uneasy and uncomfortable. I think it’s one of Joker’s biggest strengths.

I just think this movie can potentially incite violence in movie theatres. That’s not a knock on the movie, it’s a knock on American modern society.

I’m just saying for discussions sake, as a filmmaker, how does that come into play during the creative process. It has to be in the back of your mind

Artists are eccentric people, their voice or vision or whatever you wanna call it, is really all that matters to many, and I get that. A lot of directors are intrigued by extremes of society because of their curiosity for evil and darkness. I doubt many really care or would be willing to accept any type of responsibility even if it was directly influential.

Then consider the suits. These guys ONLY care about profit margins from the budget. I don't think a lot of these Illuminati cats would change their method of getting more rich. The only way they restrict art is when they know it will affect box office.

WB prolly said fck it, let's go hard with this because they needed a shot in the arm, have had a lot of big budget mishaps lately. They knew a provocative movie about THE JOKER (mass appeal/icon) would be not as risky as a regular drama of this ilk because teenagers will still be able to spend mom and dad's skrilla regardless of rating

I wanna see this movie again. I've been thinking of it on and off all day
I may even reactivate my blog site and write a review
Old 10-04-2019, 10:53 PM   #40
JEFFERSON MONEY
5-time NBA All-Star

Felt bad for him when that woman told him to stop bothering his son.

Also felt bad when they smashed him with yellow sign.

And when they attacked him in train.

I hope this kind of bullying stops irl.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:19 PM   #41
CelticBaller
The One

Quote:
I like it when a movie can make me feel uneasy and uncomfortable. I think it’s one of Joker’s biggest strengths.

I just think this movie can potentially incite violence in movie theatres. That’s not a knock on the movie, it’s a knock on American modern society.

I’m just saying for discussions sake, as a filmmaker, how does that come into play during the creative process. It has to be in the back of your mind
Yeah just like videos games are to blame whenever a white kid shoots up a school
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:20 PM   #42
ROCSteady
One of One

It just occurred to me how similar the subplot with Murray was to what Tosh.0 does
Old 10-04-2019, 11:32 PM   #43
macmac
Gov'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Yeah just like videos games are to blame whenever a white kid shoots up a school

Iím not blaming anyone, or putting any kind of judgment on it. I just think itís a distinct possibility
macmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:45 PM   #44
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Y'all want a video of Joaquin's mom's house?

So interesting she lives in this tiny town in a quaint house.

They must have a strained relationship.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:56 PM   #45
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

A theater by my moms house that I've been to plenty of times actually got closed down for the night last night after a "credible" threat was made.
Smoke117 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: