Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Kevin Durant 6'11-7ft Tall?

Quote Originally Posted by MASH Transit
    This past week, specifically during the Boston game and during the All Star festivities, I've heard multiple players and or commentators say Durant is 7ft tall. I decided to dig up some photos to see if I could very the claim.

Serge Ibaka, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, and Z-Bo are all 6'10. What say you?
    Your on to something... but it's not quite what you think...

www.draftexpress.com/measurements

Durant went against the grain of pretty much the entire league and chose to be listed in his barefoot height (so that he could play SF). 99.99% of the entire league gets listed in an inflated shoe height. Hence, he looks like he's as tall as guys listed taller than him and guys listed his height look much shorter.

No. He's not a 7 footer. He's Dwight Howard's height which is certainly tall enough for a small forward. Dwight Howard + Durant are both 6'9 barefoot. Compare to a PF like Kevin love, 6'7.5" in his bare feet, or another center Bismack Biyombo 6'8.31" in his bare feet and I can understand why you can trick yourself into believing he's a 7 footer. But it's not because he's taller than his list height suggests, it's because everyone else is shorter than their list height suggests. Make sense?
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 02-28-2012 at 09:54 PM.

He's a legit 6'10

Think Randolph is 6'9, Love the same.

Btw, Serge Ibaka is quite a handsome young man, no homo.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Your on to something... but it's not quite what you think...

www.draftexpress.com/measurements

Durant went against the grain of pretty much the entire league and chose to be listed in his barefoot height (so that he could play SF). 99.99% of the entire league gets listed in an inflated shoe height. Hence, he looks like he's as tall as guys listed taller than him and guys listed his height look much shorter.

No. He's not a 7 footer. He's Dwight Howard's height which is certainly tall enough for a small forward. Dwight Howard + Durant are both 6'9 barefoot. Compare to a PF like Kevin love, 6'7.5" in his bare feet, or another center Bismack Biyombo 6'8.31" in his bare feet and I can understand why you can trick yourself into believing he's a 7 footer. But it's not because he's taller than his list height suggests, it's because everyone else is shorter than their list height suggests. Make sense?
    He may have been 6'9 coming out of the draft but he's gotten taller as many young players do.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    He's a legit 6'10

Think Randolph is 6'9, Love the same.
    Look at the link I posted above. You'll find their heights on there. Those are not the heights of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    He may have been 6'9 coming out of the draft but he's gotten taller as many young players do.
    That's BS. He looks no more than 6-10 in shoes. Maybe it's just because he's such a toothpick that people think he looks taller than he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    It's likely of course we can't rule that out - but it isn't at all likely that he's gotten taller by several inches - as with anyone his age coming into the draft, his height probably only changed in fractions of an inch. He did not visibly growth spurt in my eyes - or am I just blind? - I think some people are smokin somethin if they think he's dramatically different than when he entered the league.

It makes perfect sense that him being listed barefoot + nobody else being listed barefoot would make his height appear larger than reality - if we're using a 6'9 guy (who's listed 6'11) as a point of reference and KD was theoretically equal to that height - everybody would assume KD is also 6'11. Am I wrong? - Nobody ever seems to realize 99% of players aren't listed their honest height these days - the listed heights have become quite generous. KD and KG are two very rare exceptions to this rule and unsurprisingly both of those guys have stirred up discussions like this lol

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Look at the link I posted above. You'll find their heights on there. Those are not the heights of those guys.
    Don't need a link, I've met both Love and Randolph and they are both close to my height and I would say an inch shorter.

Made that high school varsity squad Westbrook0's Avatar

Don't need a link, I've met both Love and Randolph and they are both close to my height and I would say an inch shorter.
    And I've met Kevin Durant and he is exactly 7'6.

Because as we all know, random internet posters comparing a player's height to themselves is cold, hard evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook0
    And I've met Kevin Durant and he is exactly 7'6.

Because as we all know, random internet posters comparing a player's height to themselves is cold, hard evidence.
    Really doesn't matter all I'm comparing them on is when I was speaking to them. Randolph has never been listed more than 6'8 to 6'9 anyway...

Marc Gasol is 7'1"

Was Love and Randolphs shoe 0.5" thick, 0.75" thick, 1.25" thick, or 1.5" thick? Did either one have orthopedic inserts? There's still variables. - You prob don't care but for people who did that's why I posted the website.

The draft camps measured them in their bare feet. The only way you can accurately gauge of player A is in fact taller than player B is to remove all the variables. That'd be their height w/o shoes - And Durant was 6'9 barefoot, Love ws 6'7.5 (Maybe 6'7.75 actually). Durant probably wears relatively thinner shoes being that he's trying to be an agile SF, Love probably wears some thick shoes seeing as how he's a PF and need's to add more length for his position. I'm not sure how tall Randolph is I didn't look him up. But you get the idea - I just posted the website for those that wanted to know those guys actual measured heights out of their shoes.

Good High School Starter kabalcage's Avatar

I saw Durant in person at the Portland lockout scrimmage and he's as tall as lamarcus Aldridge. I'd say he is comparable in height to most centers and power forwards. If he ever put on a ton of weight, he could easily play center.... Or at least look like one.

Quote Originally Posted by kabalcage
    I saw Durant in person at the Portland lockout scrimmage and he's as tall as lamarcus Aldridge. I'd say he is comparable in height to most centers and power forwards. If he ever put on a ton of weight, he could easily play center.... Or at least look like one.
    He def is as tall as typical centers/power forwards

Dwight Howard is 6'9 - 6'10.25 in shoes, and listed 6'11

Kevin Durant is 6'9 - listed 6'9

Tristan Thompson is 6'7.5" - listed 6'9

so you can see why people get confused when they see how tall he is next to guys listed much taller than him or when they see him being much taller than smaller guys listed his height - most of the NBA lists in shoes but he doesnt.

If you visit the Philippines. Just call me. I am gonna recruit you as one of our players.