Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
TDPrime2030
Banned

Default Square is hinting on making a FFXIII-2

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...ima_interview/

Quote:
Square Enix recently released the FFXIII Ultimania Omega in Japan. In this extended Ultimania, there are more behind the scenes interviews and discussions with the development team. In the extra section, Toriyama and Kitase discuss something that might be of interest to certain fans.

There was indeed a DLC package planned for the game. It would be an extra area called Seventh Ark, accessed through the third warp gate in Orphan's Cradle. It was going to be an extra area with optional free battles and a quest structure of some sort. There are two screenshots in the book showing the work-in-progress location.

Originally it was intended to be in the game proper, but it was removed when they ran out of time and had to finish the game. After being moved to a DLC package, the team ran into more problems both in terms of quality content and in terms of technical aspects. Since the DLC was not going to live up to expectations, and because there were problems with the differences between the PS3 and 360's download platforms, they eventually cancelled the entire project.

Kitase goes on to say that a sequel to FFXIII is a possibility, but like in the Compilation of FFVII and FFX-2, it will largely depend on the feedback they get from fans of the game. If they feel there is a demand, it could very well happen. He goes on to say that the FFXIII team is already moving on to their next game, because Wada wants each team to be able to steadily release one game every two years from now on.
TDPrime2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Default Re: Square is hinting on making a FFXIII-2

Hopefully they make a sequel or DLC... I would play either. I have a friend playing FF14 right now, and from what he says, it isn't going to do well. I actually have a client who works for Square, and I've tried to squeeze some info out of him here and there, but no luck so far.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
TDPrime2030
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Hopefully they make a sequel or DLC... I would play either. I have a friend playing FF14 right now, and from what he says, it isn't going to do well. I actually have a client who works for Square, and I've tried to squeeze some info out of him here and there, but no luck so far.
They already said why they didn't make the DLC. They were planning on it, but they changed their minds and moved on. I really hope they make a sequel though, refine the storyline more since it does definitely need refining. Not a fan of the ending, they could change it and make it better.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

They should definitely do a sequal. All that work on the locations and you only get through them once (except Pulse, of course)

My prediction is they something like a FFX-2 to tie up loose ends. The quest is to explore Pulse to find a way to turn back Fang and Vanille from crystal form. An older Hope will be the new lead character he also drops that gay-ass boomerang for a legit man's weapon, Light should be back. Snow may be back but depending on whether they make his grilfriend a playable character. Sazh would probably be a came since he's no longer relevant to the story (Wakka part 2).

Too much work was done to let all those environments go to waste. I sure do wish they revert back to the old battle system. The new one, although challenging and innovative, was not my cup of tea. You should at least be able to input your commands as you see fit and not let AI cast deprotect / deshell until your enemy dies.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
Rose
Roses Malone

I still haven't finished the first one, but I do hope that they make a sequel, the game was amazingly fun and interesting.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
clipse026
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
They should definitely do a sequal. All that work on the locations and you only get through them once (except Pulse, of course)

My prediction is they something like a FFX-2 to tie up loose ends. The quest is to explore Pulse to find a way to turn back Fang and Vanille from crystal form. An older Hope will be the new lead character he also drops that gay-ass boomerang for a legit man's weapon, Light should be back. Snow may be back but depending on whether they make his grilfriend a playable character. Sazh would probably be a came since he's no longer relevant to the story (Wakka part 2).

Too much work was done to let all those environments go to waste. I sure do wish they revert back to the old battle system. The new one, although challenging and innovative, was not my cup of tea. You should at least be able to input your commands as you see fit and not let AI cast deprotect / deshell until your enemy dies.
This. I haven't even finished FF13 because I don't really enjoy the battle system at all. I loved the turn based stuff. Not a fan of button mashing and combo systems. The last 2 haven't even felt like FF games to me.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
TDPrime2030
Banned

Quote:

Dammit, cover up dem spoilers. lol.

Anyways, I agree, I don't like the battle system either. It is just pressing X the entire time, it is boring. The only thing I don't like about this game is, you really can't play it again or start over. My favorite Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy X. You had more freedom, more options, and way more side quests.

If you like XIII, it was because you like the storyline. I find it hard to believe how anyone thinking pressing the X Button numerous amounts of time is fun.

I prefer Final Fantasy X's battle system, it was like Pokemon. Taking turns to battle.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPrime2030
I prefer Final Fantasy X's battle system, it was like Pokemon. Taking turns to battle.
I remember they came close to X-2. It was still turned based, but your actions would play out even if other animations haven't finished.

If not for the ridiculous costume changing in X-2, I might have sat down to finish that game.

XII was a mixed bag. I kinda liked the Dragon Age setup but it turned out to be a competition on who had the most ingenius command setups.

I don't get Square sometimes. The expanded ATB meter from 13 is great, but they made it irrelevant by allowing you only certain abilities at one time. It also blows that the computer will not attack unless they're Ravager or Commando. You become a prisoner of the stupid system.

For 5 ATB commands, imagine with Light if you could de-shell, lightning strike, and then Thundaga. All in one turn.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
KareemCambell
Banned

better finish the first one then
KareemCambell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
TDPrime2030
Banned

There is potential in a XIII-2. There kinda was in X, but they used the worst scenario and imagination.

Honestly, if it were not for the ending, I really doubt anybody would want a XIII-2. They have to bring the exact same characters back. That is a must, there is no point in playing/buying the game if they don't.

The game was suppose to be about the character's stories.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:10 AM   #11
TDPrime2030
Banned

Quote:
I remember they came close to X-2. It was still turned based, but your actions would play out even if other animations haven't finished.

If not for the ridiculous costume changing in X-2, I might have sat down to finish that game.

XII was a mixed bag. I kinda liked the Dragon Age setup but it turned out to be a competition on who had the most ingenius command setups.

I don't get Square sometimes. The expanded ATB meter from 13 is great, but they made it irrelevant by allowing you only certain abilities at one time. It also blows that the computer will not attack unless they're Ravager or Commando. You become a prisoner of the stupid system.

For 5 ATB commands, imagine with Light if you could de-shell, lightning strike, and then Thundaga. All in one turn.
If you want to get the job done with your best character, you use the best character. I prefer using being able to control all the characters at the same time, not just control one and only one.

Have you ever played Star Wars KOTR (Knights of the Old Republic)?? I prefer that kind of battle system.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: