Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Banned

Default Re: People Don't Think This is a Contender?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    The Knicks will win games because they are deep and have a superstar, but they are just so weak at PG and PF. The depth up front is suspect too. A lot revolves around Amare I guess. If he makes it through the year and produces at a decent level, everything changes.

Bargnani is just terrible. Terrible trade all around there. Bargs is a poor man's Charlie Villanueva and Detroit probably would have given you him for free, without giving up draft picks.

Also Melo played more minutes at the 4 than the 3 last year and was highly effective. He won't be able to play there much next year most likely.
    I absolutely love posts like this, because you can really tell who regurgitates shit out of their ass.

Knicks have Felton/Udrih/Prigioni at PG, all capable of filling in for starter minutes and both Felton and Priggie infact did last year when the Knicks finished the season 11-2 and Udrih will be a pretty solid upgrade from Kidd.

As for PF, I think the Knicks are sweet. Between Bargs (who is 100%) healthy now and Amare, I'm pretty sure they will get enough games out of the two. If not, Melo slots into the 4 and MWP plays the 3, problem solved. Knicks have arguably the most versatile depth at the 4. And the Knicks do not rely on Amare at all, that's what the Bargs trade was all about. They no longer rely on him at all, he's just a luxury or bonus to have.

This is the part where you can really tell you know so little. The Bargs trade was great for the Knicks, and he can play the 4 and Melo the 3 to great success. Melo gets his best spots when he plays in the post, it just so happens that this is generally when he plays the 4, because the Knicks didn't have a stretch 4. With Bargs, Melo can play the 3 and still get his spots.

Game, set, match. You as a poster

Decent college freshman

I'm not usually a homer, but I think they're getting pretty badly underrated this off season. I think Bargnani and Udrih were good additions, and there's a good chance they'll be better next season than they were this season.

Like the rest of the league, they probably don't stand more than a puncher's chance against the Heat, but I think they should be in the mix with the Heat, Bulls, Pacers, and Nets fighting for seeds 2-5.

As far as Carmelo Anthony goes, he's been a playoff disappointment most of his career. Some of the things he does frustrate me because they're not effective yet he does them over and over. He should not be running pick and rolls starting from the three point line; he should not isolate starting in the deep mid range. On the other hand, he's quite good if he plays more inside and spots up shoots more.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    I absolutely love posts like this, because you can really tell who regurgitates shit out of their ass.

Knicks have Felton/Udrih/Prigioni at PG, all capable of filling in for starter minutes and both Felton and Priggie infact did last year when the Knicks finished the season 11-2 and Udrih will be a pretty solid upgrade from Kidd.

As for PF, I think the Knicks are sweet. Between Bargs (who is 100%) healthy now and Amare, I'm pretty sure they will get enough games out of the two. If not, Melo slots into the 4 and MWP plays the 3, problem solved. Knicks have arguably the most versatile depth at the 4. And the Knicks do not rely on Amare at all, that's what the Bargs trade was all about. They no longer rely on him at all, he's just a luxury or bonus to have.

This is the part where you can really tell you know so little. The Bargs trade was great for the Knicks, and he can play the 4 and Melo the 3 to great success. Melo gets his best spots when he plays in the post, it just so happens that this is generally when he plays the 4, because the Knicks didn't have a stretch 4. With Bargs, Melo can play the 3 and still get his spots.

Game, set, match. You as a poster
    Wow, the funny thing is, I think you actually believe what you just typed.

First and foremost, Bargnani is terrible. Health is NOT his problem. He's a 4/5 who can't rebound or defend and doesn't even shoot 3s very well, which is his freakin' calling card.

Second, Felton is not a good player. Did you watch him last year? J-Kidd, who didn't score for like his last 5 games as a pro, looked better than him out there, at age 39. You can't name a worse starting PG in the NBA right now other than maybe a rookie. PP is ok as a backup, but he can't score or defend. He's a niche role player who you don't want to end up starting. I gave Udrih his due. He's a solid backup option and a good fit on this roster

3, not relying on Amare is not something you should be happy or proud about. A healthy Stoudemire is about your only chance of having a decent frontcourt. Beyond him, you have zero depth. Martin is old and got obliterated in the playoffs, Tyler is unproven and um, that's all you have. TERRIBLE!

4, Novak was an incredibly underrated and valuable player. His floor spacing ability will be greatly missed. Depending on how fast Smith heals(not just gets on the court, but gets back to normal), 3 point shooting could be a very big issue for this team, especially as far as giving Melo room to work with. Shump and MPW can hit the, but they don't force the D to fear them. There's a difference. Both NOvak and Copeland are better players than Bargs, nobody wants to acknowledge that though.

The Knicks are a solid team and I'm actually a pretty big Melo backer, but overrating guys like Bargs/Felton and ignoring your glaring weaknesses in terms of defense and rebounding(did we forget the Pacers series already, Jesus) down low is just stupid.

I'll take my apology at any time. You sir, have been owned.