Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    South Africa 2010

Default Re: Can Shane Battier dunk?

Quote Originally Posted by allball
    Juvenile? hardly. been watching this game a LONG time and never seen a guy with Shane's length and body type who won't throw it down hard on a big. show me where nice 6' 8" guys that don't dunk (including defensive stoppers) win ships in this league. I appreciate intangibles as much as the next guy. I could go on about great defenders and rebounders you probably never even heard of but this a man's game not the WNBA.

Has nothing to do with him being an intelligent player. he just doesn't have the explosiveness.

"Throw it down young man. throw it down"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG49uVLoVUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x1p46_uc7Q
    You are either a troll, a 10 yr old, or simply retarded. How are you going to evaluate a player and even bring championships into the conversation based on ones dunking ability? Battier is an excellent defender and one of the top role players in the league. Try searching for an article, a coach, or a player bashing Battier. A little more playing time, a little less computer time. Please.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Can Shane Battier dunk?

I know this is a random bump, but I was at my little brother's basketball clinic this weekend hosted by Shane Battier and during Q & A one of the little ones asked if he could dunk (likely a poster on Insidehoops) and it instantly reminded me of this thread.

Rest assured, even after standing still for 20 minutes and wearing warmup pants and cross-trainers, Shane could still take one step and dunk (though it wasn't a hammer - it hit some iron). As others have said in this thread, sometimes it takes some frame of reference. I mean, he may seem average sized in the NBA but in truth, he's a slender, relatively long-armed 6'8''. He stated his first dunk came in 7th grade when he was 6'4''.

Finally, in the obvious statement of the century, Shane is a very affable guy. In terms of talking to athletes, I can usually take it or leave it. But he seems legitimately cool. Also, fun fact: I asked him a super random question about a game he had against an area team in high school, and he confirmed he did indeed once score 16 points, grab 25 rebounds, and draw 6 charges in the same game. Is that not the ultimate essence of Shane Battier?