Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirk or T-Mac

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Trade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
    trade his numbers were dropping even when he was in orlando.

look i like tmac too, i had HUGE expectations for him AND the rockets...i had the rockets last year in the western conference finals. i chose tmac in my fantasy league AHEAD of tim duncan. injuries happen i got screwed. i took alot of crap for my predictions...it doesnt take away from the fact that his numbers are steadily dropping, they were dropping in orlando so the "it was his first season with the rockets" doesnt work. ill give him some slack though because he was in a new system.

CLUTCH, TRADE, JSUB, HOW ABOUT THIS...

when playoffs come around we can all hate Dirk together!

Local High School Star

you make a point, i dont deny that tmac doesnt have help, but in 04-05 dallas was 4th and houston was 5th. dont tell me yall didnt have a good team. yall almost upset the mavs and then blew the series. and this is not just this past year. the mavs have been a top team for the past 4 years...alot of that has to do with dirk.
    We did have a good team, but there's only two reasons for that. Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming. Subtract them from the rest of the starting lineup in that series and you had...

PG: Bob Sura (playing with no cartilidge in his knee)
    SG: David Wesley
    SF:
    PF: Ryan Bowen
    C:

Two of those guys wouldn't have started anywhere else in the league, and Ryan Bowen would be hard-pressed to even find a roster spot on the IRL, much less the bench. Put Dirk in that lineup (and Tracy on the Mavs), move Ryan Bowen to SF, and I guarantee Dirk goes home early too.

So the truth is yes, they were a good team, but by the time they hit the playoffs Sura was literally on his last leg, Wesley had nothing left in the tank (played 80 games, 35 mpg, at age 35), and Juwan Howard had gone down with the heart infection. They were worth the 5th seed during the season, but were really a shell of themselves by the time that series took place. It was amazing to see it be as close as it was, and you can't blame any of it on Tracy any more than you'd blame it on any player you could put in his place.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

lol, thanks SsK. Sorry I had to play the pity card!

trade his numbers were dropping even when he was in orlando.

look i like tmac too, i had HUGE expectations for him AND the rockets...i had the rockets last year in the western conference finals. i chose tmac in my fantasy league AHEAD of tim duncan. injuries happen i got screwed. i took alot of crap for my predictions...it doesnt take away from the fact that his numbers are steadily dropping, they were dropping in orlando so the "it was his first season with the rockets" doesnt work. ill give him some slack though because he was in a new system.

CLUTCH, TRADE, JSUB, HOW ABOUT THIS...

when playoffs come around we can all hate Dirk together!
    Yep, cheers to THAT!

Just to let you know, I was rooting for the Spurs in the playoffs last season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Didnt duncan have surgery this summer?

   

tmac with the better individual talent, dirk with the better team talent. so i'll take tmac for the and-1 league and dirk for NBA or worlds. it's a no-brainer.

besides, if i was a GM i couldn't afford to have players like tmac, marcus camby, kmart or artest anyway. you'd never know when they'd be available and when they weren't. you can't build good chemistry if your star is constantly in and out of teh lineup...

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Default .

what happened here? 2 pages were deleted?

what happened here? 2 pages were deleted?
    Ya, Jeff got sick of our sh!t.

Default .

haha do we still get credited to our post count? j/k

haha do we still get credited to our post count? j/k
    NOPE

Default .

Doh!

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease BlackMoses's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer
    with every post you just sound stupider and stupider
    Explain why.

T-Mac isn't really that different from Jason Richardson. He's played in a bigger market, and had the oppurtunity to put good numbers on a bad team. Similar to Jason Richardson in the last respect. And really, who would you rather have in this stage of the game, a banged up T-mac, or a healthy Jason Richardson? I'll take J-rich.

Dirk > Tracy McGrady

YAY 300th!

From a consistency standpoint, matchup standpoint, versatility standpoint.

I'm not going to look at team success because that isn't always fair. Dirk has ALWAYS had better teams. Any self-respecting basketball fan knows that.
    Last edited by BlackMoses; 09-21-2006 at 02:31 AM.

Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

this is not even a question....Its Dirk....hes the modern day Larry Bird and hes the best 7 foot 3 point shooter of all time....and plus....for the last couple of seasons....T-Mac has been injury prone....and that back might force him to an early retirement in a few years......

I like T-Mac and hes more athletic and can do more things than Dirk....the thing is...he dont have the passion to win....hes had big opportunites to go far in the playoffs and he didnt come through when his team needed him....now, you could say the same for Dirk but, the mavs had to face the spurs a few time until they could advance and grow as a team.....T-Mac had big series leads in the playoffs and couldnt take over for his team......

Im rambling again lol.....I would take Dirk!

Local High School Star *LAKERS_3_PETE*'s Avatar

When chosing one superstar over another all aspects of the game come into play such as being able enough to play, regardless of health issues after witnessing what Dirk can do (leading Dallas to WCF) I am convinced now that Dirk is proven to be more worthy to his team than the injury prone McGrady. Besides McGrady still haven't found a team where he can take his game to another level, Tmac= 3 teams Dirk= Franchise player (drafted by bucks only played w/Mavs).

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I love the Dallas Mavericks. I have an unheathly passion for them and always have BUT I was never a big Dirk guy until last year's playoff run. Dude fell off against Miami but his first rounds were better than anything in T-Mac's career.

People keep bringing up T-Mac 13 point in 33 and they were incredible BUT give me Dirk outscoring the Phoenix Suns by himself during Game 5 from from the end of the 3rd on.
    Last edited by Sneakerpro; 09-21-2006 at 03:57 AM.