Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #106
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Kobe Bryant said LeBron James should win the 2008-2009 regular season MVP award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy
Author Poll Results
Who is the NBA MVP?

Kobe Bryant 44.4%
Lebron James 23.3%

Chris Paul 3.8%
Dwight Howard 1.0%
D-Wade 26.7%
Tim Duncan 0.7%
Other 0.0%

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-repeat-as-mvp

wtf? That can't be true. Wade over LBJ? *checks*

I knew it wasn't true. They updated it.

Anyway, I don't mind/care all that much who wins MVP this sesson, but I do think it's between Kobe and LBJ. LBJ has better stats and has played better overall, but Kobe has a better team record. That article point was just trying to Cavs>Lakers because the Cavs have better players.

One of the interesting statement that he said was Big Z>Bynum. I don't know, is he? I don't think he is, but Bynum do get hurt a lot.

It's a good article though when addressing the points.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #107
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Default Re: Kobe Bryant said LeBron James should win the 2008-2009 regular season MVP award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
One of the interesting statement that he said was Big Z>Bynum. I don't know, is he?

Bynum is the better player but Big Z is more important to the Cavs than Bynum is to the Lakers.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #108
c_az_a
Dunking on everybody in the park

Kobe should give his NBA MVP for the 2007-2008 season to CP3. Instead of Pau Gasol going to Lakers, say he goes to the Hornets for David West. The Hornets would have finished with the first seed above the Kobe and the Lakers (because Gasol is clearly a better player than DWest and with the Lakers, massively better than Kwame and Critterion). Instead of Ben Wallace, what if the Cleveland Cavs snagged Pau Gasol. With Ben Wallace, they took the Celts to game seven. With Gasol, Cavs would be NBA champions. A lineup of Gasol LeBron Big Z West SG Fill In, would have taken the Cavs over the Celts and then the championship.

It's funny that when they mention "Kobe and the Lakers," they win ==> Because of Kobe Bryant (forget Gasol, Odom, and the rest of the gang); they lose==> Because of the Los Angeles Lakers (it was his teammates fault, Kobe had nothing to do with it so forget his FG percentage and his lack of will to elevate his teammates). If you are the best player in the world, would you allow your team to exit from the NBA finals with a 39 pt blowout? If you are hype to be the best player, do you bring your best performance to the final stage (NBA Finals)? Did Kobe NBA finals exceed his regular season numbers?

Last edited by c_az_a : 03-09-2009 at 08:33 PM.
c_az_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #109
Mdog1
Banned

Quote:
LeBron is the MVP, but I really want some of what you're smoking if you think the East is the superior conference.

478 wins in the East >464 wins in the West.

The East has 14 more wins on the season that the West does. Now that may not seem that big, but it changes the average wins for each team from 31 (30.93) in the West to 32 (31.86) in the East. 32 divided by 61 (the medianish amount of games played by league) is a win percent of .525 where as the Wests is .508.

Also 3 of the top 4 teams in the league are in the East.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #110
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1

The East has 14 more wins on the season that the West does. Now that may not seem that big, but it changes the average wins for each team from 31 (30.93) in the West to 32 (31.86) in the East. 32 divided by 61 (the medianish amount of games played by league) is a win percent of .525 where as the Wests is .508.

Only the top 8 teams in each conference matter. The top 8 teams in the West are superior to the top 8 teams in the East.

Who cares about the bottom feeders of either conference?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #111
Stephen A Smith
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_az_a
Kobe should give his NBA MVP for the 2007-2008 season to CP3. Instead of Pau Gasol going to Lakers, say he goes to the Hornets for David West. The Hornets would have finished with the first seed above the Kobe and the Lakers (because Gasol is clearly a better player than DWest and with the Lakers, massively better than Kwame and Critterion). Instead of Ben Wallace, what if the Cleveland Cavs snagged Pau Gasol. With Ben Wallace, they took the Celts to game seven. With Gasol, Cavs would be NBA champions. A lineup of Gasol LeBron Big Z West SG Fill In, would have taken the Cavs over the Celts and then the championship.

It's funny that when they mention "Kobe and the Lakers," they win ==> Because of Kobe Bryant (forget Gasol, Odom, and the rest of the gang); they lose==> Because of the Los Angeles Lakers (it was his teammates fault, Kobe had nothing to do with it so forget his FG percentage and his lack of will to elevate his teammates). If you are the best player in the world, would you allow your team to exit from the NBA finals with a 39 pt blowout? If you are hype to be the best player, do you bring your best performance to the final stage (NBA Finals)? Did Kobe NBA finals exceed his regular season numbers?

So you're saying that you should give to the MVP to Chris Paul because Kobe got Gasol and if Chris Paul got Gasol then he would have won MVP?

Okay... I can play your game. I guess you should give Kobe the MVP in 2005-2006 because he WOULD HAVE won it had the Lakers acquired Gasol for Caron Butler and Vince Carter for Lamar Odom. ...
Stephen A Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #112
Stephen A Smith
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1

I don't buy that BS. Sorry, but I would rather face a team like the Indiana Pacers (no disrespect to Indy fans) than the Dallas Mavericks or Houston Rockets in the first round. Some of the top Eastern Conference teams can take off the first round and that isn't the case in the West.
Stephen A Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: