Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3340414243444546 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

I have a 6'7 PG I just made few days ago in mold of Magic. Demanded trade 3 times and finally got myself to Heat where I fit perfectly. Got sick of carrying scrub ass teams. On Heat all I need to do is play Rondo role and let Lrbron and Wade dominate. On other teams I'd work hard for a lead... get benched.... Only to come back in down 10 plus. With Heat they increase my leads and Lebron is great to play with. He's always kicking to me for 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    I ****ing love Chris Smoove, lmao
    Dude is the reason why I started playing my player.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I have a 6'7 PG I just made few days ago in mold of Magic. Demanded trade 3 times and finally got myself to Heat where I fit perfectly. Got sick of carrying scrub ass teams. On Heat all I need to do is play Rondo role and let Lrbron and Wade dominate. On other teams I'd work hard for a lead... get benched.... Only to come back in down 10 plus. With Heat they increase my leads and Lebron is great to play with. He's always kicking to me for 3's.
    real ni66as get scrub teams to the finals

^Yup.

I won a ring with a Pacers team that missed the playoffs the year before I signed with them, and I was the only major addition.

What's funny is that during my championship run, due to a bug, I was benched after the ASG and was playing only like 10 min a game. I didn't realize this was happening so I stupidly simmed like 12 games so my stats really suffered last year, as a result I missed out on a possible MVP and All NBA selection, but dominated the playoffs and won Finals MVP. Still got my 1st All Defense though.

Looking good so far this year too. Leading the L in points and steals so far and tied for first place in the league record wise.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 06-25-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    LOL how am I ****ing 12th when I was leading the East in voting?

**** this game man, seriously.
    I missed this. This has happened to me as well, which is weird because they seemingly had it fixed in 2K11. Must be something in the game that doesn't allow you to be a starter in the ASG until certain players retire or something...

Banned

Just an update:

Had my 2nd straight 30 point, 10 assist game against the Nuggets (32/11 to be exact). It's like my 20th overall though. We're currently 54-5, and first in the Western Conference by a mile. We're the only team that hasn't lost 10 games yet, and we're owning our division at 11-0. If we keep this up, it looks like I'll take the MVP and the MIP awards (I'm in 1st place so far in voting for both awards).

Somehow I'm also leading the league in assists at 8.1. Rondo is averaging 9.5, but he's only played 44 games so he doesn't qualify You can't miss more than 2 games and qualify for league leaders in 2K. It happened to me in my rookie season when I was averaging over 3 steals but didn't get the milestone because I "only" played 78 games, although it shows up on my player card as having lead the league in steals my rookie season.

-Smak

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Just an update:

Had my 2nd straight 30 point, 10 assist game against the Nuggets (32/11 to be exact). It's like my 20th overall though. We're currently 54-5, and first in the Western Conference by a mile. We're the only team that hasn't lost 10 games yet, and we're owning our division at 11-0. If we keep this up, it looks like I'll take the MVP and the MIP awards (I'm in 1st place so far in voting for both awards).

Somehow I'm also leading the league in assists at 8.1. Rondo is averaging 9.5, but he's only played 44 games so he doesn't qualify You can't miss more than 2 games and qualify for league leaders in 2K. It happened to me in my rookie season when I was averaging over 3 steals but didn't get the milestone because I "only" played 78 games, although it shows up on my player card as having lead the league in steals my rookie season.

-Smak
    Congrats. It's my 6th season and I'm killing it on the Spurs. I'll be trying to get on the T-wolves again sometime though. I came off my rookie scale contract and they offered something awful like 10 million for 5 years. I just decided to get the biggest payday, since I was in consideration for MVP that year. Later I regretted it though, because I could have signed for a year in Minnesota and likely they would of offered more after that season. (got Finals MVP too that season so I was shocked) You sound like a much better player than me. 3 steals in your Rookie season? What year are you in now? A game for me is 20 minutes, I forget if you customize the time limit before you start MYPLAYER or not.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    ^Yup.

I won a ring with a Pacers team that missed the playoffs the year before I signed with them, and I was the only major addition.

What's funny is that during my championship run, due to a bug, I was benched after the ASG and was playing only like 10 min a game. I didn't realize this was happening so I stupidly simmed like 12 games so my stats really suffered last year, as a result I missed out on a possible MVP and All NBA selection, but dominated the playoffs and won Finals MVP. Still got my 1st All Defense though.

Looking good so far this year too. Leading the L in points and steals so far and tied for first place in the league record wise.
    Dwight is on the Pacers in my game and it's something that should happen in real life IMO. The Pacers have the trading pieces right now too. I don't know why they don't get after Dwight, but I see they're probably contenders next season in real life anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    sound like a much better player than me. 3 steals in your Rookie season? What year are you in now? A game for me is 20 minutes, I forget if you customize the time limit before you start MYPLAYER or not.
    Yeah it's because the CPU insists on throwing post entry passes from 25 feet from the hoop I'm averaging 5.1 steals now that I'm playing starter minutes. I'm in my 2nd year. In my rookie season, I simmed a lot of games and for some reason didn't start until the end of the season. I was in 1st place for SMOTY but I started like 25 games so it took me out of the running.

I play 12 minute quarters btw

-Smak

The thing with 2K is that it's so bipolar: 1 day you'll have great, fair, competitive games with minimal CPU cheating. Then the next, it's like the CPU says "F*ck your fun" and just goes into super win-at-all-costs mode and you want to break your controller.
    This. I started 3-2 with five semi-close competitive games. Knocked out those five games in one day. Then, the next day, I played three more games and lost by 25, 32, and 15 to the Lakers, Suns, and Blazers.

Anyway, I usually get more into My Player than Association but, for whatever reason, I didn't start my first My Player on 2K12 until this week. I'm a 6'7" SF/SG for the Pistons. Put up something ridiculous like 34-7-5 on 50%+ shooting in the Rookie Showcase game and was the 9th overall pick. My only gripe is there's been multiple games where I've had 25-30 points through three quarters, the game is close or we're even up 5-7 points after three, and I get benched the entire fourth and we lose by just a few points. But that's not a new issue as I've had the same gripe about My Player in 2K10 and 2K11.

Just got my ass handed to me 110-80 by the Heat but I did outplay LeBron. I went for 34 pts, 8 ast, 4 reb, and 4 stl on 12/22 FG while LeBron had 27-4-4 on 10/19 shooting. We were actually ahead 27-22 after the first quarter, then I got benched for the first 6 minutes of the second, and we got outscored 30-11 in the quarter. I had 8 of those 11 points. LeBron is just ridiculous. 18 games into the season and he's averaging 37.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 5.2 apg, 2.8 spg, 1.2 bpg on .512/.439/.795. I know he's good but that's on a completely different level than good.

Antawn Jamison is second in the league in scoring, averaging 29.7 per game.

Anyway, we're 10-9 and my guy is averaging 28-5-5-2 on .500/.369/.824. After two 38 point and one 39 point games, I finally got into the 40 point club. Went for 47 pts, 10 ast, 4 reb, 4 stl against the Bucks in a 107-104 win. We were up 18 after three quarters, I got put on the bench, and when I came back in with a little over 4 minutes to go we were only up by 3. I closed the game out scoring 7 points in the final 3 minutes or so, but every time I scored, Monta Ellis would come down and hit some ridiculous three or pull-up contested jumper. He finished with 44.
    Last edited by KG215; 06-25-2012 at 07:31 PM.

YES no one ever talks about this but the rim and backboard are not tangible when interacting with players without the ball. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten blocked through the backboard or through the rim. It wasn't as big an issue in previous 2K games because the CPU wasn't so overly aggressive as they are in 2K12. They also didn't have the instantaneous reaction times that the CPU defenders have in 2K12.

And Fiasco, I broke the steals record with 15 . I am leading the league in steals at 5.1 per game and I'm like 3rd in DPOY voting.

- Smak
    And this. I'm new to My Player this year, but WTF? I get 3-5 driving layups blocked per game when someone comes from across the lane, through the rim, and blocks my shot at the rim or off the backboard.

I was playing against the Hornets when Dirk hit a 3 pointer then got injured after falling down. Lower back strain, out 1-2 weeks. I restarted that shit and it was me who got injured, exact same thing happened. Stern is paying the Hornets to take the Mavs down, currently on a 10 game win streak and a record of 32-6. It would've been a 17 game win streak if Dirk didn't miss a game tying 3 vs Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    I was playing against the Hornets when Dirk hit a 3 pointer then got injured after falling down. Lower back strain, out 1-2 weeks. I restarted that shit and it was me who got injured, exact same thing happened. Stern is paying the Hornets to take the Mavs down, currently on a 10 game win streak and a record of 32-6. It would've been a 17 game win streak if Dirk didn't miss a game tying 3 vs Miami.
    That's the most common way players get injured in any mode. I always hold my breath when I have a player shoot a jumper and see him go to the ground because I know there's a 50/50 chance he got injured.

Part of the reason I'm getting big numbers and got more minutes early on is because Ben Gordon got hurt that same way and was out 1-2 weeks, so I got all of his minutes as the back-up SG.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    That's the most common way players get injured in any mode. I always hold my breath when I have a player shoot a jumper and see him go to the ground because I know there's a 50/50 chance he got injured.

Part of the reason I'm getting big numbers and got more minutes early on is because Ben Gordon got hurt that same way and was out 1-2 weeks, so I got all of his minutes as the back-up SG.
    lol CPU cheesing..I don't get calls when I fall down like that

That game got simmed probably because I didn't play we lost by 19 points SMH. I wanted to beat the 33 game win streak record, guess I would have to start a new streak. I'm also trying to catch up on Miami, they're 35-5.

Banned

The worst part about getting knocked down on jumpers isn't even the risk of injury. It's the fact that there are never fouls called for it.