Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Superstar

Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

I'll admit I never thought Bynum would be this impactful this early. No where did I say he sucked and made that point clear over and over in my posts. I thought that trading him for a superstar (Gasol, KG, etc.) now is a good idea because I didnt think he would be able to contribute this fast. Glad I was wrong.

He worked his ass off, didn't cave in under the immense pressures/expectations around him and in one summer became a force
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 01-10-2008 at 05:43 AM.

Good thread bump,

This thread is just a small indication of how bipolar Laker fans are when it comes to their team. We can bump thousands of threads just like this one from this past summer and these cats responds would be something like...

"Well, how did we know they were going to be this good?"

Then when the losing starts again and they get ousted in the first round of the playoffs theyll start calling for Kupchak's head and start trowing out ridulous trade offers for weak players.

Them dudes are just too funny!

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NASH = BEST

Good thread bump,

This thread is just a small indication of how bipolar Laker fans are when it comes to their team. We can bump thousands of threads just like this one from this past summer and these cats responds would be something like...

Then when the losing starts again and they get ousted in the first round of the playoffs theyll start calling for Kupchak's head and start trowing out ridulous trade offers for weak players.

Most Laker fans and even non-Laker fans in this thread agreed that if a superstar is available, make the trade. Its not like everyone was saying "omg hes trash, lets trade him for anybody". Kevin Garnett and Pau Gasol were the names thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Most Laker fans and even non-Laker fans in this thread agreed that if a superstar is available, make the trade. Its not like everyone was saying "omg hes trash, lets trade him for anybody". Kevin Garnett and Pau Gasol were the names thrown out.

Yeah, and also sorry ass JO, aging Kidd, Al Jefferson, etc...

My point is that when the Lakers start losing again the "Trade Kobe", "Keep Kobe and trade Bynum" threads will start to appear again.

And When the phuck was Pau Gasol ever a "SuperStar"?

Superstar

Yeah, and also sorry ass JO, aging Kidd, Al Jefferson, etc...

My point is that when the Lakers start losing again the "Trade Kobe", "Keep Kobe and trade Bynum" threads will start to appear again.

And what team doesn't go through questions about trading/keeping their players when they are struggling? My point is, aside from a few posts in this thread, its not outrageous to see what some fans were saying and that was if a superstar, all star is available that can come in and be a 2nd option now, you do the trade. You make it sound like he was trashed by all Laker fans.

I rule the local playground and1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    ... were saying and that was if a superstar, all star is available that can come in and be a 2nd option now, you do the trade. You make it sound like he was trashed by all Laker fans.
    which is STILL a legimate option, but its just unlikely now... but its still an option that you could go for. and back then it was the clear better choice, no one except maybe kareem could see the potential in bynum develope this fast. and what would be if he hadnt turned out like this? we would be haveing trash-lakers-frontoffice threads by seconds

EDIT: and to all you haters out there, who are saying they knew... bullshyt
    EDIT2: and what if he developes no more now? what if he falls into a hole now? then the trade wouldve been better all along...

Local High School Star poeticism707's Avatar

Good thread bump,

Sounds like Jack Nichalson:

"Wait till they get a load of me!"

I love LAaaaaaaaaaaa! Lakers Fan's Avatar

HAHA! No sheet!

There were lots of Laker fans who did not want to see Bynum traded for a beat up JO, Pau Gasol, an aging Kidd(but most of us were wrong about how good he could still be at his age), and other lesser players like Ray Allen or Michael Redd. IMO the majority of these fans were Kobe fans only and were delusional in their desperation to see him get a chip before he gets old. I do think the majority of Laker fans would have given up Bynum for Garnett, and a lot still do.

EDIT: and to all you haters out there, who are saying they knew... bullshyt
    Nobody is a psychic dumbass. But lots of Laker fans did speculate that Bynum had great potential, other gave up on him very early.

EDIT2: and what if he developes no more now? what if he falls into a hole now? then the trade wouldve been better all along...
    Then lots of us people would be wrong, and people like you could bump threads making us look like idiots. Until then pipe the hell down cuz you was wrong buddy.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Kaman > bynum

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

I'd still take Oden over Bynum today if I had to pick.

Banned

I still dont understand why people act like Bynum got so much better between last year to this...when most of his game is based on his size, wingspan, and soft hands around the paint. Its not like hes all of a sudden developed all these new low post moves, because he had those his rookie year.

I'll give you confidence tho, because he came into this year really hyped and with a chip on his shoulder to prove himself. My main argument is Bynum could've done much more of what hes done this year last year...if it werent for Phil. He had those soft hands last year, he had that same gigantic wingspan last year and would dominate games last year when the other team didnt have a Center that could matchup with his wingspan and size. Its just that Phil favored Kwame over him bigtime, even tho Bynum was a HUGE presence when he was in the game.

Not saying he hasnt matured because he has and he is obviously a better player now, but the criticisms from Laker fans of Bynum last year are rediculously undeserving IMO.

PS can someone bump all of the old Bynum threads pls? Really interesting to read Laker fans opinions of him last year when many were throwing it all on management for not trading him for Kidd

Good thread bump,

100% Correct.

Intelligent fan

For the record.. I supported him in this thread.

rank sentamentalist

Heh, fun bump. I was definitely wrong about him, didn't see the upside. Not that I was ever in favour of trading both him and Lamar for an all-star, it was either just one or the other. Still, wouldn't do it anymore. Love this kid. I'm such a flip flopper.

By the way...

Foolish, Fickle Faker Fans (FFFF) strike again. There are reasonable ones out there, but it's like mixing manure and ice cream. Pretty well ruins the ice cream. Doesn't do much to the manure, though.
    Greatest Analogy Ever.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore 24/7's Avatar

Glad to see I represented well in this thread, including butting heads with the thread starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe4life
    is it true kupchak wanted to pick sean may but the buss' said theywanted to pick bynum?
    He was Jim Buss's pick, that's why I knew that Bynum wouldn't be traded for anything less than an awesome, superstar laden deal.