Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-26-2018, 01:33 PM   #91
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 is the highest rated PS4 game of all time.

This long weekend with no basketball to coach, I finally got a chance to play for some extended sessions. I know I'm not very far. I'm not out of the first camp, but I've done everyone's missions in the camp except for Dutch's. I also spent a lot of time with miscellaneous extras. Hunting. The Bounties.

It's an extraordinary achievement in world building. And just riding around has been great. The little pop up locals I haven't seen anything repeat yet. I'm a little worried about missing stuff because I screwed something up along the way. I've actually spent a fair amount of time taking the train to the various cities then riding back to base just to stretch the map out some.

But it definitely has some functional issues. The movement is a bit sluggish. There is too much to do. I could stand to not have as much of the horse or personal maintenance. And there's some playability issues too. I don't like the fact that you have to hold the button down to do some stuff. The cover system is iffy. And one of the biggest issues I've got with it is the map access. Not using the touch pad as a one touch map access button is a big mistake imo.

Overall very impressive. I just came off of Spiderman, which is interesting, because Spiderman is kind of a perfect version of the stock open world game. The size and pacing was spot on. This has issues, but is pushing the envelope for this type of game beyond anything we've seen. I'm not sure which I'll wind up appreciating more.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #92
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Thinking of getting this game even though these types of games aren't my favorites...just the fact that you could curb stomp the KKK, bitchslap a feminist, deport a Mexican dude and find a serial killer is too tempting to pass up.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:37 AM   #93
Real14
2Willd & 2Fresh est.86

Gta 6 Tho.
Real14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:23 PM   #94
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
This long weekend with no basketball to coach, I finally got a chance to play for some extended sessions. I know I'm not very far. I'm not out of the first camp, but I've done everyone's missions in the camp except for Dutch's. I also spent a lot of time with miscellaneous extras. Hunting. The Bounties.

It's an extraordinary achievement in world building. And just riding around has been great. The little pop up locals I haven't seen anything repeat yet. I'm a little worried about missing stuff because I screwed something up along the way. I've actually spent a fair amount of time taking the train to the various cities then riding back to base just to stretch the map out some.

But it definitely has some functional issues. The movement is a bit sluggish. There is too much to do. I could stand to not have as much of the horse or personal maintenance. And there's some playability issues too. I don't like the fact that you have to hold the button down to do some stuff. The cover system is iffy. And one of the biggest issues I've got with it is the map access. Not using the touch pad as a one touch map access button is a big mistake imo.

Overall very impressive. I just came off of Spiderman, which is interesting, because Spiderman is kind of a perfect version of the stock open world game. The size and pacing was spot on. This has issues, but is pushing the envelope for this type of game beyond anything we've seen. I'm not sure which I'll wind up appreciating more.

Hold down the start button to access the map instantly. Game is just another cakewalk meant to appease late millennial snowflakes
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:56 AM   #95
fsvr54
Bitch Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Hold down the start button to access the map instantly. Game is just another cakewalk meant to appease late millennial snowflakes

Lol.

Remind me to never take your opinion on anything seriously, ever.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:59 PM   #96
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller

Thanks!!!

More holding down buttons though.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #97
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsvr54
Lol.

Remind me to never take your opinion on anything seriously, ever.

Is this the part where you tell me "no the game takes skill! Let's see you try and kill a 3 star jack rabbit!"

Game is so watered down it lets you essentially PAUSE TIME so that you can line up a perfect head shot and get that perfect pelt. If they removed that pause time feature, millennial special snowflakes would be crying to Rockstar to patch it and make it easier.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:04 PM   #98
JohnnySic
green is good

Finished the game and did a ton of the side stuff, although I dont think I'll bother to complete all of it, there's so much. Game was just incredible. Best Rockstar game yet.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: