Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Warriors should still win the series but...

OKC shows the blueprint on how to beat the Warriors:

1) Attack their weakness when they go small!!! If you have big physical guys like Kanter and Adams who can board and finish around the basket, make Warriors pay for going small.

2) Do not commit to double teaming 25+ feet away from the basket. One of the mistakes A LOT of teams make against Golden Stat is committing two guys to Steph or Klay when they screen you outside the 3 point line, that usually leaves Draymond open at the top of the key for an open jumper, drive to the basket or a kick out for an open three. GO ONE ON ONE!!! Let Draymond actually have to beat his man to get to the basket and force Curry and Klay to make tough shots with a hand in their face.

3) A PG who can attack Curry ON THE INSIDE AND THE MIDRANGE!!! Most PG's get into the 3 point dance with Curry which is the stupidest way to play against the best 3 point shooter in the league. He's not in his element when guys can challenge him in the paint and don't actually bail Curry out by shooting ill-advised long shots. Westbrook is capable of this in spurts, can he keep it up in a 7 game series, we will see.

You ATTACK WEAKNESSES on the other team and play to your strengths. The ENTIRE NBA has had an identity crisis ever since the Warriors popped into the seen with this style but a lot of teams need to realize, NOT EVERYBODY IS GOLDEN STATE!!!

Default Re: Warriors should still win the series but...

All trolling aside, ...this is a best-of-seven series. I wouldn't put too much stock in a game one win.

Just ask the Spurs...

And I doubt that Curry will play as badly in the next game, either.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    And I doubt that Curry will play as badly in the next game, either.
    The spurs were at home an won.....GS was at home and lost....

Saything that...Its going to be a 6 game series... don't see OKC winning game 7 at GS... either we win in 6 or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime80'
    The ENTIRE NBA has had an identity crisis ever since the Warriors popped into the seen with this style but a lot of teams need to realize, NOT EVERYBODY IS GOLDEN STATE!!!
    Hope Larry Bird realizes this for the sake of the Pacers..

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

I agree with everything Showtime said. However, I also doubt OKC will pull it out. OKC is like the early 90's Blazers -- very talented and athletic but prone to self-destruct against the precision of an elite team. Get into a horse race and they will kill you but if you make it a game of chess, it's a different story.

It will be interesting to see how OKC responds when GS plays more team ball and less hero ball. History says the precision and experience of a champion will beat the reckless abandon of a challenger. OKC definitely has GS's attention and respect now. Let's see what happens.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 05-17-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    I agree with everything Showtime said. However, I also doubt OKC will pull it out. OKC is like the early 90's Blazers -- very talented and athletic but prone to self-destruct against the precision of an elite team. Get into a horse race and they will kill you but if you make it a game of chess, it's a different story.

It will be interesting to see how OKC responds when GS plays more team ball and less hero ball. History says the precision and experience of a champion will beat the reckless abandon of a challenger. OKC definitely has GS's attention and respect now. Let's see what happens.
    I'd say coaching will play a big part in this series. Donovan outcoached kerr in game 1. Kerr is usually pretty composed but he literally lost it

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    I'd say coaching will play a big part in this series. Donovan outcoached kerr in game 1. Kerr is usually pretty composed but he literally lost it
    This. I have faith that Kerr has his team ready for next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist

OKC is going to win the series. And 1996 Bulls >>> These product of the current era clowns.

Cavaliers vs. Thunder is going to be the most anticipated rematch in NBA history.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    OKC is going to win the series. And 1996 Bulls >>> These product of the current era clowns.

Cavaliers vs. Thunder is going to be the most anticipated rematch in NBA history.
    Cavaliers and Thunder never played each other in the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Cavaliers and Thunder never played each other in the Finals.
    Lol... but anyway, how's that dumbass prediction of yours looking like right now? This would be a beatdown? We were robbed of a close SAS/GSW series?

Next time, Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Lol... but anyway, how's that dumbass prediction of yours looking like right now? This would be a beatdown? We were robbed of a close SAS/GSW series?

Next time, Johnny
    I still think that GSW will take control of this series.

And I still think that GS vs SAS would have been a 7 game classic.

College superstar

I agree with the OP. The Warriors seemed to have been a little surprised by OKC's defensive strategy last night, but they will figure it out. The Thunder do have to feel pretty good that they played rather bad offensively and still won though.

GSW must use curry as a decoy

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

Reported for stupidity.