Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Why does Billy Donovan let Westbrook take contested circus layups play after play?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young

Why does Billy Donovan let Westbrook take contested circus layups play after play?
    They want him to be Jordan, but he isn't, so he can't consistently make circus, hang-time shots with guys draped all over like Jordan did.

all crazy shots that westbrook CAN'T DO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgQ7L-EI-cU

Default Re: Why does Billy Donovan let Westbrook take contested circus layups play after play?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    They want him to be Jordan, but he isn't, so he can't consistently make circus, hang-time shots with guys draped all over like Jordan did.

all crazy shots that westbrook CAN'T DO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgQ7L-EI-cU

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

He was benched in game 2 for taking a stupid shot, you can't really control westbrook tbh and sadly the team sucks without him

Yall act like Durant aint go 7-33 in a game

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Kobe assist. He draws attention on his layups, why do you think OKC is such a great offensive rebounding team?

Can't believe watching Kobe all them years, you don't realize this
    **** off man. You know that Westbrick is not on Kobe's level in terms of ability to create shots and make tough shots.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Yall act like Durant aint go 7-33 in a game
    I bashed him for it but that was vs the Mavs at least. OKC can't afford him to have such bad game vs SAS at home. Westbrook killed any hope of winning the series yesterday.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Russell Westbrook is going to be a first-ballot hall-of-famer and is flat-out better than a lot of people already in there. and most people don't win a title. That isn't how you judge if a player is great or not or if they should have played differently when the way they play makes them one of the greatest players of all time.

Westbrook minus the relentlessness that makes him play so out of control occasionally wouldn't be nearly as good a player as he is. I suspect that Russell with a fear of failure would be a net loss.

He would be a whole different player. And a worse one. You can't make him be something he isn't. just have to get the most out of what he is. There have been a thousand more in control players he would destroy and a long list of in control past first great point guards who lost with just as much talent as he's played with or more.

it isn't as simple as how he plays. There is a whole lot that goes into the success your team can have. Realistically any team that's ever made the finals is one rolled ankle from being champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    when he's on the same team as Kanter and Durant? Why isn't this guy getting benched? How can these contested circus shots be allowed?
    Some players are not coachable. I mean same story for Brooks when he was in OKC.

He's like a Ginobili who isn't coachable or clutch.