Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Absolutely loved Lebron's answers in Press Conference

Wasnt the question how Lebron felt about people criticising his on court crap?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo123
    I am just curious. What could he said on provocative question (what are your thoughts about haters out there that hates you for off court things?) that wouldnt hurt your feelings? What would be the right answer?
    "It is unfortunate. But I am going to work extremely hard this summer and put Miami back in position to win a ring." He could have just looked over at DWade and learned how to handle a press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Oh, i disagree. I think Lebron loved playing a lot, just not now. He got bad advice. he's the guy who dumps his GF of 10 years for a prettier girl, then realizes the pretty girl is high maintenance and won't sit on the couch while he drinks beer and plays video games. Go watch Lebron dissect Detroit and him and his teammates after he wins. Just unabashed joy. It's just amazing to see.

Watch Lebron play this year. It's just not the same.
    That was then, this is now. People change, and agendas change. Whereas once LeBron did show pure joy, the move to Miami was all about business. As the previous poster said, it was all about building his brand. Winning championships was part of the marketing package.

So, now I do see him as someone who plays for other reasons than the love of the game. And it got him exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    "It is unfortunate. But I am going to work extremely hard this summer and put Miami back in position to win a ring." He could have just looked over at DWade and learned how to handle a press conference.
    Quite right. Or he could have taken a page from DRose who just flat out said people were right... he lost the series for the Bulls and he needs to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove

You study him like a subject dude. The funny thing about Lebron is that most of the shit he gets flack for isnt orginal. I've heard other athletes say the same damn thing. People like you still cry. Over and over, all season long. Its hilarious. I am dying from laughter. I dont even remember two quotes from Lebron, but you always reference them like you've got some cheat sheet in front of you.

Face it dude, you are in love with Lebron. I really dont give a shit what he says. I've watched you and others, like Phong and his trolling ass ride him for every comment this season and before the first tip off. It was kind of sad. I know you wanted him to come to new york, but come on dude, if he's immature then what are you? You criticize him over and over, do you realize that he'll never read your rants? That he'll never feel your frustration. He's living his life. I'm living mine. You need to live yours. I cant even remember the last time you spoke about the Knicks(You are a knicks fan right?). You've made and posted in Lebron threads for the past twelve months without one positive thing to say.

Like I said earlier this week. Lebron has played good, but not great. He's a great player and he's expected to perform that way. He didnt and he's admitted that and has tried to make adjustments.

If lebron is wrong about something, he's wrong. It has no effect on me either way, I just love to see him play. I compartmentalize, something you and many other people have trouble with. I dont really give a f*ck what he says, or what he does off the court lol. He's a basketball player, and I only judge him on that. He played below his ordinary in the finals end of story.

I'm sure he was wrong multiple times this season.
    i love watching Lebron play. I'm not a fan, but i don't root for players based on liking them personally. That's like something an 8 yr old boy would do and would not interest me. I'm 100% sure i watch him more carefully than you do, yet you constantly tell me i'm wrong.

Lebron is the best player in the game. For him to come out and crumble like he did AGAIN in what is supposed to be his moment is troublesome. Yet, no individual thing he ever does you find fault in.

And no, it's not the end of the story. Lebron doesn't get to announce he is going to win eight titles, crack, and then say "oh well, it's just basketball". If he won, we'd give him tons of props. He lost, he's going to get shit on. That's why you get paid millions of dollars - that's the downside.

I am just curious. What could he said on provocative question (what are your thoughts about haters out there that hates you for off court things?) that wouldnt hurt your feelings? What would be the right answer?
    Oh it didn't hurt my feelings. But he should have said something along the lines of "As a player you will always get criticism but you can't worry about stuff like that. I'm going to get back to work this summer and figure out what I need to do to improve as a player." Something like that. Maybe he could have thrown in something like "Haters are always going to hate, but I'm just going to keep working hard and hope that my play does the talking."

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove

You study him like a subject dude. The funny thing about Lebron is that most of the shit he gets flack for isnt orginal. I've heard other athletes say the same damn thing. People like you still cry. Over and over, all season long. Its hilarious. I am dying from laughter. I dont even remember two quotes from Lebron, but you always reference them like you've got some cheat sheet in front of you.

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]"Everybody says the same shit LeBrick said... even though I can't remember anything LeBrick said" Weak ass defense.. [/COLOR]

Face it dude, you are in love with Lebron. I really dont give a shit what he says. I've watched you and others, like Phong and his trolling ass ride him for every comment this season and before the first tip off. It was kind of sad. I know you wanted him to come to new york, but come on dude, if he's immature then what are you? You criticize him over and over, do you realize that he'll never read your rants? That he'll never feel your frustration. He's living his life. I'm living mine. You need to live yours. I cant even remember the last time you spoke about the Knicks(You are a knicks fan right?). You've made and posted in Lebron threads for the past twelve months without one positive thing to say.

Like I said earlier this week. Lebron has played good, but not great. He's a great player and he's expected to perform that way. He didnt and he's admitted that and has tried to make adjustments.

If lebron is wrong about something, he's wrong. It has no effect on me either way, I just love to see him play. I compartmentalize, something you and many other people have trouble with. I dont really give a f*ck what he says, or what he does off the court lol. He's a basketball player, and I only judge him on that. He played below his ordinary in the finals end of story.

I'm sure he was wrong multiple times this season.
    He doesn't give a **** but proceeds to write paragraphs after paragraphs and posts after posts just to defend LeBrick.. Oh the irony!

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    i love watching Lebron play. I'm not a fan, but i don't root for players based on liking them personally. That's like something an 8 yr old boy would do and would not interest me. I'm 100% sure i watch him more carefully than you do, yet you constantly tell me i'm wrong.

Lebron is the best player in the game. For him to come out and crumble like he did AGAIN in what is supposed to be his moment is troublesome. Yet, no individual thing he ever does you find fault in.

And no, it's not the end of the story. Lebron doesn't get to announce he is going to win eight titles, crack, and then say "oh well, it's just basketball". If he won, we'd give him tons of props. He lost, he's going to get shit on. That's why you get paid millions of dollars - that's the downside.
    Exactly. I don't get why people don't see how Lebron brought some of this criticism on himself. But even if he didn't have we not seen what players like Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Tracy mcGrady, Dirk have had to go through when they failed or messed up or just fell short?

What LeBron said came off as a little douchy, but I don't think he should apologize for it or anything like that. It wasn't that bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    He doesn't give a **** but proceeds to write paragraphs after paragraphs and posts after posts just to defend LeBrick.. Oh the irony!
    Yes, spending 3 mins to type three paragraphs equals caring.

Maybe I should collect gifs from different games and post them in every thread like you did for three months.

That seems a lot less time consuming

Learning to shoot layups Chad44's Avatar

He should have just said

Im laughing all the way to the bank think i care what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad44
    He should have just said

Im laughing all the way to the bank think i care what you say.
    Thats pretty much what he said...

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Do you really belive that answer would be good enough? If he said that, people (haters mostly) would proclaim him chicken for avoiding the questions and they would find one way or another to bash on him.

I dont really care what he is doiung or how people are looking at him. I am just fascinated how offended people are from a statement like this one. I mean really? Statement like this coming from a guy that is (probably) the most hated guy in sports history (for right and wrong reasons) and is under microscope every second of his public life. If you put any player in his postition I think you will get a lot more reasons to hate ot him.

Do you really belive that answer would be good enough? If he said that, people (haters mostly) would proclaim him chicken for avoiding the questions and they would find one way or another to bash on him.

I dont really care what he is doiung or how people are looking at him. I am just fascinated how offended people are from a statement like this one. I mean really? Statement like this coming from a guy that is (probably) the most hated guy in sports history (for right and wrong reasons) and is under microscope every second of his public life. If you put any player in his postition I think you will get a lot more reasons to hate ot him.
    I would have had a lot more respect for him if he had answered the question in that way. Not that it matters if I or anyone else besides his teammates respect him. All that matters is how happy he is with himself, and until he gives it his absolute everything and performs in the finals and gets at leastone of the eight rings he promised miami, he can't feel good about things.

06,12,13 NBA Champions Brickz187's Avatar

At the end of the day anything Lebron says will be criticized to no end so it really doesn't matter.