Page 121 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2171111118119120121122123124131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2288
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Bah, just found out I don't get Big 10 Network anymore. I swear, my roommates changed our providers when I was out on business just so I couldn't have it anymore. ****ing pissing me off.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Bah, just found out I don't get Big 10 Network anymore. I swear, my roommates changed our providers when I was out on business just so I couldn't have it anymore. ****ing pissing me off.
    That sucks. I just recently found out that we started getting it. Was a nice surprise.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    That sucks. I just recently found out that we started getting it. Was a nice surprise.
    I was out in DC for a month and one of my roommates called me and was like "Oh yeah, we want to get rid of Direct TV. You ok with that?" It was a weird request but I agreed as long as we got the regular sports channels. Turns out we get pretty much everything but BTN. I live with my college roommate, but he doesn't really care about Illini sports. The two guys are Big East/ACC guys so I definitely think it was their intention. Though, I can empathize cause I can get really animated for our games. I was screaming and hollering during the Illinois/Clemson game and the season before that I was punching the wall when we lost at Penn State to that full court drive by Talor Battle.

I'll have to see how much it costs to get BTN and contemplate just paying that fee on my own. ****ing blows.

No excuses this year... but if we don't go deep, you know I'm gonna blame McCamey...

-Smak

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

And you know that we'll know how stupid that will be, since he's the best player on the team, one of the best pure point guards in college basketball, and one of the only reasons they even competed for a NCAA bid last year.

It's stupid enough that you've already assigned blame for something that hasn't happened. It's doubly stupid that you're assigning it to one of the best players in college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    I didn't know Henley was back at De La Salle. Interesting.
    I was curious as to how exactly that would go down since Brehm isn't a member of the IHSA. I wouldn't think it would be that easy to transfer from a member high school to Brehm for a year and then back again, but it seems like everything is on the up-and-up so far.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Mikel Leshoure is the best running back in the Big Ten, if anyone was wondering. Say this for Illinois football: good or bad in recent years- and mostly bad- we run the shit out of the football. Mikel is gonna join Pierre Thomas and Rashard Mendenhall in the NFL pretty soon. Hopefully in 2012, but the way he's running this year (and dating back to the second half of last year, for that matter) he might just have a chance to look at leaving early.

Of course, with the impending NFL lockout, a lot of guys who would otherwise leave any other year might come back for their senior years in 2011.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Our air attack is awful. Scheelhaase needs to get better throwing the ball in a hurry. And he needs to stop jumping at the end of every run.

Right now he's more comfortable making plays with his feet than his arm so whatever works, works. But yes, he needs to make teams pay when they stack the box. I think in time, he will. He really wasn't making bad decisions yesterday, though. No one was getting open all day, save for A.J. Jenkins.

Tisdale checked in at No. 44 on Rivals' list of the top 50 players in the country for this upcoming season. McCamey, of course, will likely be a bit higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    No excuses this year... but if we don't go deep, you know I'm gonna blame McCamey...

-Smak
    You sound like some Maryland fans last year in regards to Vasquez.

Brady Sturdy from Rivals says Illinois' Midnight Madness will have an "out of state visitor who will get everyone very excited."

Years of this stuff has jaded me a bit, but when you have the stellar '09 and '10 classes already on the team and a 2011 class that's already pretty good even before the last two spots are filled, why not join in a little optimism and keep your eyes peeled for who it might be? I haven't a damn clue, but it reportedly isn't Bradley Beal or Quincy Miller. Rumors of Beal's Florida commitment not being firm are still lingering, though. It appears the ship has sailed on Miller, to the surprise of no one.

While I'd LOVE to get Chasson Randle and Mike Shaw and wrap this class up, I'm intrigued by this.

In other good news, Jabari Parker and Tommy Hamilton will both be at Midnight Madness. I'm really glad it's at Huff and not the Assembly Hall. The last time it was at Huff was seven years ago and it was an electric atmosphere in that little building. I think I might even go.
    Last edited by TheGame414; 10-07-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Oh, and Demetri was No. 34 on that Rivals' list of Top 50 players. A little low in my opinion, but we'll see.

For some reason I feel pretty strongly that Beal will stay committed to Florida. I wouldn't mind the mystery player to turn out to be Ben McLemore. He seems pretty set on going to KU though.