Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

lol OH NO, NOT THE WORD "BULLSH!T"
    ahaha, grow up..

Saw a basketball once

ok Here is my top 9. i believe this is the best:
    1-Kobe Bryant (he knows how to win. By himself he still makes the playoffs)
    2-TIm Duncan (no doubt the best and most creative post player in the nba)
    3-Lebron James(an unbelievable athlete who gets to the finals at age 21)
    4-Kevin Garnett(An outstading big man, who can also shoot)
    5-Steve Nash(3 or 4 mvps, also one of the best passers to play the game)
    6-Dirk(an extrodinary big man who is 7 feet tall and can knock down a shot from where ever he wants, also has one of the best fade shots, and 2007 mvp)
    7-Dwayne Wade(only about 23-24 years old and already has a ring, and possible another to come)
    8-Allen Iverson(steals the ball better than anyone, can pass very well, and an awsome scorer, when on the sixers he scored as if he was kobe)
    9-Tracy Mcgrady(amazing athlete, shoots extremely well, hits any shot on the court. When he played for Orlando he would average 30 a game. Also dont forget those 13 points he had in oly 30 seconds)

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    lol OH NO, NOT THE WORD "BULLSH!T"
    ahaha, grow up..
    get a clue

he called me imature for say the word dipsh-it and "cursing" and then he goes on to scream out "BULLSH-IT"...

i was just pointing out how hypocritical he was being....moron

Banned

are you retarded? he used the word in a statement, to express how dumb something is. you used a word to offend him and attack him..

"you're a dipsh!t" versus "this is bullsh!t"

do you understand? comprendez?

hmmm....something seems.....hmmm
    Nice try, however, I wasn't swearing at you as if I was saying something bad. Swearing out of aggrovation is different from swearing AT somebody.

Try again.

I rule the local playground Devientz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free
    He helped lead a young and overachieving Heat team to the second round of the playoffs in his rookie year
    Against the .500 hornets. With Caron Butler and Lamar Odom...Hardly remarkable

came close to knocking off the number one team in the East
    Pacers won 4-2...Not exactly close...while the Pacers were pretty good that year its nothing to brag about.

While im not gonna try to downplay Wades numbers, almost doesnt count. Same reason you see Kobe getting bashed on for the past couple years. Like I said, Wade is a newcomer in the league and he has all the time in the world to prove himself, but IMO he hasnt done it yet. Never did I say Wade wasnt good, I never really criticized him...all I said was that he isnt deserving of top 5 in my eyes...If you cant understand that then I'm sorry. But there are a lot of players who have done a lot in their careers..Wade hasnt yet. Will he? Probably..but not yet (In my eyes)....Dont get me wrong here..Like I said I dont hate wade...but top 5 is pushing it imo

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    Yi is 19, Duncan is 32.....that is a 13 year differance...Sure Dunca would be better for the next 4 to 5 years....but then I have another 13 years to top that....I would take my chances with the youngster
    Good luck because in the 4-5yrs Duncan would accomplish more than Yi would. And you're banking on hope Yi pans out because you saw some youtube highlights and China league stats. I dont mind Yi protential but I'll go with the SURE thing before I put my entire franchise in an unknowns hands. With Oden, Durant I've seen what they are able to do live and direct. Yi? Nope.

Shaq is the most dominating center no matter what league or era...keep pretending that shaq is done and means nothing...
    Yeah man Shaq is dominating. You exagerrate the opposite then argue on it. Why? Who said Shaq means nothing? I simply said he is NOT the most dominating Center in the NBA. He is PAST his prime. He is often injured as his career winds down. I'm hitting you with realistic views and you're holding onto the Shaq of old as if he will 4ever be a dominant force. Not even MJ fans made this argument when he came back to play for the Wizards.

yeah, I guess I did...

no, they were below .500 without Shaq....then Shaq brought them back above and into the playoffs....I have said this before.
    So Miami Heat with Wade and without Shaq were below .500?

no, but I guess you can pretend that Shaq sucks
    No one pretends Shaq sucks. You called Shaq the most dominant Center in the NBA. A topic and topics here have been made on this. Majority overrules. Shaq is not the dominant force he used to be. He can dominate a game, he is not a dominant player anymore. There is a difference. He is not the best Center in the NBA either, something you claim he is. Yao Ming is. And again topics here were made and majority overruled.

See the difference with me and you? Your arguments are nothing more than talkin out your ass, fabricating points/putting words in others mouths then ARGUING them.

Example?

"Shaq is not the best Center in the NBA. Last 2yrs he has been playing less, getting injured more and has to play himself into shape as the season progresses"

Your reply "Ok so Shaq sucks and you would take Dalembert over him. GoBB you're an idiot"

Thats how your mentality here operates when you're challenged and backed into a corner like a putty cat. Everyone sees it but you.

-primetime-

are you retarded? he used the word in a statement, to express how dumb something is. you used a word to offend him and attack him..

"you're a dipsh!t" versus "this is bullsh!t"

do you understand? comprendez?
    he said this....
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Gonna start swearing now? Come on, you're more mature than that.
    maybe he should have said this....
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Gonna start insulting now? Come on, you're more mature than that.

Banned

you know what he means, are you gonna go around correcting everyones little typing/grammar errors as well? i would tell you to stick to arguing about basketball, but you suck at that just as bad as you suck at everything else, and yes im insulting you, and having lots of fun doing it.

-primetime-

ok, we have different opinions about shaq....i think he was still dominate when he won with the heat and you don't....let's leave it at that

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    So Miami Heat with Wade and without Shaq were below .500?
    I don't know the exact percentage, if it wasn't below .500 then it was right at .500 or a little bit above....

what I do know is that when Wade got injured it was Shaq that brought the team out of the hole that they were in...

Shaq w/o Wade > Wade w/o Shaq

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Devientz
    Against the .500 hornets. With Caron Butler and Lamar Odom...Hardly remarkable

Pacers won 4-2...Not exactly close...while the Pacers were pretty good that year its nothing to brag about.

While im not gonna try to downplay Wades numbers, almost doesnt count. Same reason you see Kobe getting bashed on for the past couple years. Like I said, Wade is a newcomer in the league and he has all the time in the world to prove himself, but IMO he hasnt done it yet. Never did I say Wade wasnt good, I never really criticized him...all I said was that he isnt deserving of top 5 in my eyes...If you cant understand that then I'm sorry. But there are a lot of players who have done a lot in their careers..Wade hasnt yet. Will he? Probably..but not yet (In my eyes)....Dont get me wrong here..Like I said I dont hate wade...but top 5 is pushing it imo
    Seriously, how has he NOT proven himself. You're not giving any valid points here. Are you using his age against him, if so LeBron shouldn't be in the discussion. And he has already accomplished more than guys like Garnett and Dirk in his short career. So a guy that's advanced to at least the second round of the playoffs in his first three years, led his team to the conference finals his second year and led his team to the championship in his third year as an underdog hasn't proven himself??? If he was being compared to all time greats, I'd understand but we're talking about Top 5 players today. And why don't Wade's numbers count when they've resulted in success?

Oh and Caron Butler was injured most of his rookie year and he was a 9ppg player, NO WHERE near the player he is today.

-primetime-

you know what he means, are you gonna go around correcting everyones little typing/grammar errors as well? i would tell you to stick to arguing about basketball, but you suck at that just as bad as you suck at everything else, and yes im insulting you, and having lots of fun doing it.
    just shut the fu-ck up and go listen to your Ludacris cd...

Local High School Star

i read some of the posts and its funny. mav fans crying for dirk and hating on wade/nash. but whatever. i don treally care about dirk being top 5, personally i dont think he is, but im not in the mood to make a list and argue since its already been established that he isnt. only thing going on is complaining. dirk is top 10 though =). congratulations.

Banned

oh man, you're mean.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    ok, we have different opinions about shaq....i think he was still dominate when he won with the heat and you don't....let's leave it at that

I don't know the exact percentage, if it wasn't below .500 then it was right at .500 or a little bit above....

what I do know is that when Wade got injured it was Shaq that brought the team out of the hole that they were in...

Shaq w/o Wade > Wade w/o Shaq

The HEat were 18-14 with Wade and without Shaq, they were 16-8 with Shaq and without Wade. Shaq had a much healthier team to work with not to mention the additon of Eddie Jones who was huge and the return of RIley.