Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

I hear you, EuroLeague. Hakeem was unbelievable. If not for his career coinciding with Michael Jordan's era, we would talk about Hakeem as a guy who- for a considerable stretch- was both the best offensive and best defensive player in the league. that is super ****ing impressive.

I ranked Duncan one slot higher because he has twice as many championships, and did it in an era when the western conference was LOADED. There was a five year stretch when the 6th seed in the west would have been a championship favorite in another random year.

In terms of peak play, Hakeem is right at the top. In fact, if we were drafting players for a pickup game where every player was at their peak, I would probably select Hakeem Olajuwon first overall; higher than Jordan, higher than Magic, higher than Russell, higher than prime (MDE) Shaq. He was that good.

But when it comes to all-time rankings, I have to factor in the whole career, and that's why I have Hakeem slotted one spot after Tim Duncan.

Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    A players effectiveness >>>>> Skill

I don't care how pretty Hakeem's game looks due to his skill, he is NOT more effective at scoring than peak Wilt, Kareem or Shaq because he is not 7-1+ w/o shoes with freakish wingspan/leap/reach/mass/etc. He's a 6-10 250lb center with above average but not spectacular athleticism and decent length, therefore he needed those skills to be nearly as offensively effective as guys like Wilt, Kareem, or Shaq. Just because he's more skilled doesn't mean that at the end of the day he's more effective or a better player. Effectiveness is the bottom line, and guys with less skill can be more effective if they have tools of their own that Hakeem lacked at their disposal.
    You are a freaking dumb ass. Hakeem was a better scorer than any of those guys. Chamberlain was just physically overwhelming for the most part. Shaq just offensive fouled every time he touched the ball.

Kareem had the sky hook, but other than that, he wasn't Hakeem level. Anyone that says Shaq was a better scorer than Hakeem is a ****ing retard.

And what the hell do you mean by above average athleticism? How much meth have you done today? Hakeem could defend freaking two guards on the perimeter. You are totally delusional.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-23-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    I hear you, EuroLeague. Hakeem was unbelievable. If not for his career coinciding with Michael Jordan's era, we would talk about Hakeem as a guy who- for a considerable stretch- was both the best offensive and best defensive player in the league. that is super ****ing impressive.

I ranked Duncan one slot higher because he has twice as many championships, and did it in an era when the western conference was LOADED. There was a five year stretch when the 6th seed in the west would have been a championship favorite in another random year.

In terms of peak play, Hakeem is right at the top. In fact, if we were drafting players for a pickup game where every player was at their peak, I would probably select Hakeem Olajuwon first overall; higher than Jordan, higher than Magic, higher than Russell, higher than prime (MDE) Shaq. He was that good.

But when it comes to all-time rankings, I have to factor in the whole career, and that's why I have Hakeem slotted one spot after Tim Duncan.
    I don't understand that logic. Hakeem out of his prime years was better than prime Duncan. Simply being in a great winning team, shouldn't make Duncan a better all time player than Hakeem.

If this is the case, then Bill Russell has to be universally ranked ahead of Jordan, Bird, Kareem, Magic also.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You are a freaking dumb ass. Hakeem was a better scorer than any of those guys. Chamberlain was just physically overwhelming for the most part. Shaq just offensive fouled every time he touched the ball.

Kareem had the sky hook, but other than that, he wasn't Hakeem level. Anyone that says Shaq was a better scorer than Hakeem is a ****ing retard.

And what the hell do you mean by above average athleticism? How much meth have you done today? Hakeem could defend freaking two guards on the perimeter. You are totally delusional.

Great college starter

I don't understand that logic. Hakeem out of his prime years was better than prime Duncan. Simply being in a great winning team, shouldn't make Duncan a better all time player than Hakeem.

If this is the case, then Bill Russell has to be universally ranked ahead of Jordan, Bird, Kareem, Magic also.
    I bet Duncan would have similar stats playing in the 80's and 90's. Duncan played in a grind it out, half court offense. Spurs liked to slow the game down. Yet he still had sick stats. Bet Duncan would look spectacular going up against a stage frightened David Robinson.

Banned

I'm new here, and it may just be me. But is this Euroleague guy a huge a huge fagggot?

Banned

No Doubt Hakeem is much more Skilled with variety of moves but that does not equal Dominance.

Most of Hakeem moves were 1vs1 Moves these are the reason like you kids get fooled with Nice LOOKING moves and Effective moves. As for Shaq it might not look Pretty but He was so Dominant they had to Double or Triple just about 80%-85% Shaq touched the ball on top of that Shaq was a Willing passer and a good one at that which made him much more Dangerous.

I love Hakeem and no doubt he is a Differnt type of breed as for a Big but that does not make him a better player just more talented and crafty thats all.

Kobe is more skilled then Jordan but Jordan is still more Dominant due to his Physicality just like Hakeem is more skilled then Shaq but Shaq is just much much more Dominant during his Prime.

Bottom line ur a tard for looking down on Shaq's Dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    No Doubt Hakeem is much more Skilled with variety of moves but that does not equal Dominance.

Most of Hakeem moves were 1vs1 Moves these are the reason like you kids get fooled with Nice LOOKING moves and Effective moves. As for Shaq it might not look Pretty but He was so Dominant they had to Double or Triple just about 80%-85% Shaq touched the ball on top of that Shaq was a Willing passer and a good one at that which made him much more Dangerous.

I love Hakeem and no doubt he is a Differnt type of breed as for a Big but that does not make him a better player just more talented and crafty thats all.

Kobe is more skilled then Jordan but Jordan is still more Dominant due to his Physicality just like Hakeem is more skilled then Shaq but Shaq is just much much more Dominant during his Prime.

Bottom line ur a tard for looking down on Shaq's Dominance.
    What the hell are you talking about? Shaq's "moves" were offensive fouls that the refs allowed him to do.

Yao Ming even lowered his shoulder one time and he would get a technical foul.

Bottom line, you are a stupid moron that falls for NBA fake reffing and marketing schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCool
    I'm new here, and it may just be me. But is this Euroleague guy a huge a huge fagggot?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCool

What the hell are you talking about? Shaq's "moves" were offensive fouls that the refs allowed him to do.

Bottom line, you are a stupid moron that falls for NBA fake reffing and marketing schemes.
    Can I just ask why you always still post on here if everyone knows you're a ****ing retard and you hate the NBA so much?

He's both underrated and overrated. Hakeem is NOT better than Russell, Wilt or Kareem. Shaq is arguable. He gets underrated when people think Duncan was a better defender and/or scorer. That's laughable.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Shaq was quite skilled and very athletic. If his size was the only reason he dominated, why isn't Eddy Curry an all-time great? how about Ralph Sampson?

Shaq was incredibly agile for his size. he was far more than just a big body.
    And the reason I rank Hakeem higher than Shaq is that although Shaq was more dominant offensively, Hakeem was a significantly better defender.

After reading more of this thread, most of your posts ooze resentment and anger. I'm not sure if it's a gimmick to get attention, but it's quite unpleasant. The negative vibes are pretty overwhelming, I'm outta here.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    I bet Duncan would have similar stats playing in the 80's and 90's. Duncan played in a grind it out, half court offense. Spurs liked to slow the game down. Yet he still had sick stats. Bet Duncan would look spectacular going up against a stage frightened David Robinson.
    Bitch, please...

Duncan would not have done anywhere close to what Olajuwon did to DRob, in fact, Duncan has never outplayed a great center like Robinson, like Hakeem did.

Duncan is the same guy who even couldn't stop Young Amare..

7-time NBA All-Star

This is a perfect example of why you're a joke. Shaq had a nice skill set which included a very consistent jump hook, which he used the glass well on when he was at the angle and from '98 on or so, was pretty consistent with the short turnaround jumper over his right shoulder. That's all he needed with the dunks and lay ups he got due to his size. He could go over either shoulder from about 10 feet and in. And who is going to stop a 7'2", 340 pound man from getting 10 feet from the basket. In addition to that, he had very good footwork for a 7 footer and would regularly execute nice spin moves and drop steps.

Here's a sequence of Shaq in 3 consecutive trips down the floor where you can see how the short turnaround over his left shoulder(which was not his preferred shot) added to his game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpljMcxhJ4#t=6m30s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpljMcxhJ4#t=7m10s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpljMcxhJ4#t=7m45s

You can also see intelligence on his part as he's aware of Kidd who was an excellent help defender and passes out and re-posts. Plus, on the last possession with Longley expecting the turnaround, he gives him a fake to get the easier shot.

Other than free throws, the only offensive skill Shaq didn't have was a true mid-range jump shot, and I wouldn't want a guy his size shooting 18 footers when he could get a higher percentage shot virtually every time.

As far as the offensive foul thing. Funny how people who dislike Shaq never mention the times Shaq was fouled and didn't get the call because of his strength. I've seen guys grab his arms and shoulders when he's gone up for dunks and he hasn't gotten the call. Plus, you act like Shaq's the only superstar who has ever gotten the benefit of the doubt. Most of them do, and there are far better examples of this than Shaq.

But I know you didn't watch these guys play. You don't exactly have to be old to have watched any of their primes, particularly Shaq and Duncan, but I suspect you're a teenager who thought it'd be funny to create a gimmick which props the Euroleague up to an unrealistic level just to get a rise out of people. That's virtually the only role I suspect basketball plays in your life.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 02-23-2013 at 11:29 PM.