Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ankle breakers

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: Ankle breakers

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Was playing 2on2 with my friends and received the ball at the 3pt line. I hate to be the ball handler and my best friend checked me, who I usually cannot surprise, but this time it worked.

I faked a behind the back cross and put the ball through my legs from the right hand to the right hand. He thought I did a behind the back and shifted to my left side. I then initiated to do an ordinary cross to the left, but he was reacting to the first move and trying to get to my right sight. At that very moment I slapped the ball back with my right hand palm to the right instead of doing the cross to the left. He reacted to the cross though and fell on the floor to my left.
    His defense was so out of sync with my moves. It looked so awkward. I never pulled off something like that and was quite surprised by myself. I hit the subsequent layup, so no bricking three for me.
    http://youtu.be/fetjzL8wlhQ?t=18s
    You started with this? Sexy if made without carry.

Yeah, but I only put it through my legs, from the right to the right without the fake where he totally carries the ball. Seen it on some CP3 mix, where he surprised his defender by that.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Yeah, but I only put it through my legs, from the right to the right without the fake where he totally carries the ball. Seen it on some CP3 mix, where he surprised his defender by that.
    Shit, sounds nasty.

EDIT: Ahh I know what you talking about. Great move, often unnefective , but I guess you nailed it.