Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 4 Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    Skylar knew telling Ted where the money was from was incredibly stupid. But as usual her ego got the best of her. She couldn't just walk away, she had to feel like she "won". Now she will have to either lose in the long run, or have a man clean up the mess she created.

Any other rational person would have walked away, then carefully plotted his revenge. Perhaps go back to Saul to plan another strategy. Perfect example is Gus this episode. He kept his cool even while the Don mocked the murder of his "partner", calmly walked to the bathroom, folded his jacket and a towel and vomited out the poison as his enemies dropped one by one.

He didn't have run his mouth to make himself feel better like Skylar did.

Walt and Skylar have a tendency to not let well enough alone and need try to put people in their place at the wrong time when they feel they are being dismissed. This was the same as when Walt had to give Hank the tip that Gale wasn't the brains behind the blue meth.

Bottom line is that they're egos have spun way out of control and may ultimately be their downfall. Same as any other big time drug dealer.
    They don't have the same option though. If it was Gus, he'd probably kill Ted and burn all the books.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    They don't have the same option though. If it was Gus, he'd probably kill Ted and burn all the books.
    I think Ted is dead anyway. He's become too much of a liability. The question is, who's gonna whack him?

I think Ted is dead anyway. He's become too much of a liability. The question is, who's gonna whack him?
    Well the only one who knows is Skyler. The lawyer doesn't care. So it's going to be her unless she breaks down and tells Walt.

However, the series does seem to be about everyone moving over the line so....

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Niytrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Well the only one who knows is Skyler. The lawyer doesn't care. So it's going to be her unless she breaks down and tells Walt.

However, the series does seem to be about everyone moving over the line so....
    Skyler went from wanting nothing to do with Walt and his business to moving front and center and basically running the business side of the operation - she has already made a turn for the worse, but killing off Ted would be quiet a stretch. I can't see her transforming into someone involved with a murder.
    Last edited by Niytrus; 09-19-2011 at 06:49 PM.

College star

solid episode. had me giddy as f*ck, not gonna lie

only complaint is how the hell did Gus know the guy was gonna give a shot to all of his entourage?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Niytrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    solid episode. had me giddy as f*ck, not gonna lie

only complaint is how the hell did Gus know the guy was gonna give a shot to all of his entourage?
    I think it was a risk he was willing to take - as long as he took out Don. The plan was a bit sketchy over all though, which is capped off when Mike says "I hope to god this works" or something along those lines, when Gus tells everyone they have no allegiance to a dead man.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Honestly I can't stand Skyler. Just looking at her. I find her to be just completely repulsive.

This season has lost its lustre for me. The show hasn't been the same since Walt came out of nowhere, ran down those drug dealers, and shot them. In terms of pure shock factor there isn't much that can top that, which is why Gus' demolition of the Cartel crew felt really telegraphed and tension-less.

Banned

The show is coming to a end in like 10 or so episodes...

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by purplch0de
    The show is coming to a end in like 10 or so episodes...
    19 actually.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Honestly I can't stand Skyler. Just looking at her. I find her to be just completely repulsive.

This season has lost its lustre for me. The show hasn't been the same since Walt came out of nowhere, ran down those drug dealers, and shot them. In terms of pure shock factor there isn't much that can top that, which is why Gus' demolition of the Cartel crew felt really telegraphed and tension-less.
    While nothing yet has quite topped either "One Minute" or "Half Measures" in terms of the pure "HOLY SH*T" factor, this season as a whole been fantastic, and my favorite of the series so far.

I use to hate Skyler, too, but she's slowly won me over this season, even if she is obviously preggo, lol.

BTW, here is the promo for next week's episode, "Crawl Space" for those of you who haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK6vVDIetp8

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

As if Gus couldn't get more gangsta. He pulls off the most gangsta shit of all, some epic gangsta shit. I just don't know why he didn't have an antidote with him if he knew of his plan.
    Watching it again on demand..

He took two pills standing by the pool before the cartel guys came out.

Couple of Breaking Bad interviews

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...ate=09-19-2011

Jesse and Vince

NBA rookie of the year

I just re-watched the final scene of the last episode and confirmed that Mike was NOT trying to kill Jesse at all.

Mike opened the car door and was turning his body to get in. As he did so he kept his right arm with the gun extended in case a shooter emerged.

The moment Mike was shot, he just so happened to have his arm extended in Jesse's direction. Jesse was going around the front of the car to hop into the passenger's seat and Mike was covering both of them.

He was not aiming at Jesse and had no intention of killing him. Gus and Mike brought Jesse to Mexico to cook the meth and to help them escape. Killing your protector isn't a good escape plan. Even if they wanted Jesse dead, Gus would have not prevented Jesse from drinking the poison.

I just re-watched the final scene of the last episode and confirmed that Mike was NOT trying to kill Jesse at all.

Mike opened the car door and was turning his body to get in. As he did so he kept his right arm with the gun extended in case a shooter emerged.

The moment Mike was shot, he just so happened to have his arm extended in Jesse's direction. Jesse was going around the front of the car to hop into the passenger's seat and Mike was covering both of them.

He was not aiming at Jesse and had no intention of killing him. Gus and Mike brought Jesse to Mexico to cook the meth and to help them escape. Killing your protector isn't a good escape plan. Even if they wanted Jesse dead, Gus would have not prevented Jesse from drinking the poison.
    Agreed, I re-watched it too and noticed the same thing

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

This is obviously true.

If Mike wanted too kill Jesse, why the hell would he do it when he knew that they both could come under fire at any moment?