Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-08-2018, 12:48 PM   #16
LoneyROY7
Clutch City

Default Re: Kobe Bryant - Eye test

It's 2018 and you're uploading videos at below 720p?

LoneyROY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #17
kennethgriffen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
It's 2018 and you're uploading videos at below 720p?

all his highlights on youtube from before 2013 or so are pixelated anyway ... no point

plus the style of video i was going for was retro... how many times do i have to explain this. listen to the track and put 2 and 2 together

all my music videos are like this
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:06 PM   #18
NZStreetBaller
Good college starter

Cool vid and all but wtf is eye test exactly??.

A highlight video showing a players best plays and making and analyzing him from that??
NZStreetBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:48 AM   #19
JellyBean
College superstar

Gladiator!!
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:56 AM   #20
LAmbruh
5* General

same small handful of Kobe highlights shown in every one of his YT tribute videos

you can made a better compilation off Lebron's 15th season playoffs real alone
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:38 AM   #21
kennethgriffen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAmbruh
same small handful of Kobe highlights shown in every one of his YT tribute videos

you can made a better compilation off Lebron's 15th season playoffs real alone

i see you downvoted all 41 of my videos

somebodies butthurt

i thought they gave you goosepimples
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:43 PM   #22
JohnMax
NBA lottery pick

https://twitter.com/ThrowbackHoops/s...25392878071808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaTd_F2yIrU&t=9m43s
JohnMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:31 AM   #23
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Thats is a perfectly good video. Its hard to even make a Kobe video at this point because the only way to make it stand out is to pull new footage yourself because 3000 videos all use the same sources so real fans have seen everything. Someone like me who actually was the one taking some of the footage off VHS tapes and ripping DVDs before youtube existed and uploading them? I can usually tell where everything is from. The Beyond the Glory clips....or NBA ultimates....or NBA.com. It is not as easy as one might think to make a video seem different.

You pretty much have to download entire games and make entirely new sets of clips or at least use rare angles of the plays or you get complaints like:

Quote:

By people whop have no idea how long it takes to do it any other way.

Back when me and like 5-6 others were the only ones doing it it might take a month. You had to convert your actual tapes and buy rare dvds and trade game films with other collectors. And computers/the internet were a lot slower then.

There are modern players with little footage. Go try to find high quality Pacers Ron Artest footage. You have to just...know people online who keep that kinda thing. Some video makers come to me...and ill go to them. We have old shit nobody cares about like CNN clips from 1999 and entire seasons of NBA action episodes from the 90s.

It takes more than someone who never tried to do it would imagine. Which is why I say again...thats a good video. Just a bit handicapped because there is nothing new to cover on Kobe.

You cant really make anything on Kobe, Jordan, or Lebron that isnt 200 clips people already saw.

I thought about doing a Kobe thing when Brian Scalabrine said he used to watch game film and cue up Kobes last 75 makes a a scouting tool and all the shots would be different but most stars would have like 5 kinds of shots. Had me wondering how many totally unique scoring clips I could find of him and put it together in a clever way. Splice in some guy watching film...I could do it. But that shit would have taken 2 weeks....for like 1000 people to see?

Youtube is bigger than it used to be but you dont reach all your subscribers anymore. I used to have like 3000 views in minutes but now they only send the link to a portion which is kinda odd. I see people who depend on youtube revenue to pay their bills fuming over it. Luckily its just...some shit for ISH mostly so I dont care.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #24
PeroAntic
2big2strong2fast2GOOD

Its absolutely insane how Kobe could continue to be an elite player for years after losing his athleticism. I mean the first part of this video is gravity defying dunks which happened several seasons before him finally winning two rings as the man.

This man scored 60 points in his last game while basically being a cripple. No one will ever be like him. He was the personification of a champion.
PeroAntic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:13 PM   #25
Jacques Webster
Not airballing my layups anymore

Eye Test. Perfect name for an alt.

.... oh wait.
Jacques Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:55 PM   #26
superduper
#StriveForCheapRings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Webster
Eye Test. Perfect name for an alt.

.... oh wait.

Whose alt are you?
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:30 PM   #27
bizil
College superstar

Among the perimeter players, MJ is the flat out the best. Bron the best all around and most physically dominant. BUT the Mamba is the MOST SKILLED on both sides of the court EVER! By this, I'm talking the TOTAL TOOLS he had at his disposal.

His TOTAL scoring skillset is arguably the best of all time. From there, he had some of the best handles EVER at the SG spot. From there, he was among the best passing SG's of all time. At his best, he was All League Defense consistently. Versatility wise, could play or defend PG, SG, and SF. Plus he was a freak athlete to boot.

So when it comes to the package of positional versatility, total scoring skillset, floor game, athletic ability, and defense as package, I think Mamba is the most skilled of all time. Once again, I consider MJ and Bron better players in general. But tool for tool, Kobe takes a backseat to NO perimeter player! Scoring skillset wise, he added a couple of layers to what MJ did. Wasn't as efficient as MJ due to testing the BOUNDARIES of his sick scoring skillset to a detriment at times.

Last edited by bizil : 08-17-2018 at 11:38 PM.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: