Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: KAT to Twolves a done deal

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    ok, are we talking about college or nba?

for the record, i wasn't that impressed with him in college either. didn't seem like someone who could score consistently nor was he some monster defender.

he'll be an average nba player.
    Per 40:

KAT
    19.5 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 2.1 apg, 4.3 bpg, .9 spg, 57/25/81

JO
    23.0 ppg, 11.3 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.9 bpg, 1.0 spg, 66/51

Im curious to know who you DO think is good. Not only did Towns shoot 57% from the floor, he shot 81% from the line, and had averaged twice as many blocks as Okafor.

If he's not a monster defender, then Okafor is a wet paper bag, and he will get shredded in the NBA.

Banned

of course he won't be hitting 3s consistently. thats just stupid hype you hear every single year when theres video of a big guy knocking down wide open jumpers.

the kid will NOT be an outside threat, at all. and why on earth would you want your C out 20 feet anyway.
    Well the talk was that he could be used as a stretch 4 not a centre. But yeah going by his college stats I don't see how anyone could think that any more. Most of the articles I saw about that were before the college season when people thought he'd be a good shooting offence guy which he didn't turn in to. I think he's going to be good and I wish we could haven gotten the first pick to put him in Orlando but the shooting hype seems way over blown.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Well the talk was that he could be used as a stretch 4 not a centre. But yeah going by his college stats I don't see how anyone could think that any more. Most of the articles I saw about that were before the college season when people thought he'd be a good shooting offence guy which he didn't turn in to. I think he's going to be good and I wish we could haven gotten the first pick to put him in Orlando but the shooting hype seems way over blown.
    Watch any of his high school mix tapes...

He would pull up from the volley ball line on the reg. He didnt shoot at UK because he wasn't supposed to. Same reason Trey Lyles didn't shoot the 3 ball, but I have no doubt in the NBA he will become a consistent outside threat.

He shot 8 3-pointers all season long. I wouldn't look at his 3pt % too hard.

Very good NBA starter

Bigger Kevin Love with less skill. Needs to practice his threes so he doesn't get in the way of Lavine

I would still take Okafor over him.

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Per 40:

KAT

JO

Im curious to know who you DO think is good. Not only did Towns shoot 57% from the floor, he shot 81% from the line, and had averaged twice as many blocks as Okafor.

If he's not a monster defender, then Okafor is a wet paper bag, and he will get shredded in the NBA.
    great competition in the sec...

lets see what happens in the nba, you biased kentucky fan.

theres really nothing that sticks out about him. not a great athlete, not a great scorer, not a great defender.

he'll just be average. his ceiling is al horford.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Gonna be an amazing all around player in a year or two. Can play center or power forward, can shoot out to the 3, can defend, can pass, can handle the ball. Virtually has no weaknesses.
    the problem with you is that you would have said this about anyone as long as they were drafted by the wolves

you dont watch basketball, you watch the timberwolves

Per 40:

KAT

JO

per40 lol....

Love Live Life

Everybody looks good shooting in these workout vids.

Not saying he's not good but I need to see him play in the game against people his size.

ok, are we talking about college or nba?

for the record, i wasn't that impressed with him in college either. didn't seem like someone who could score consistently nor was he some monster defender.

he'll be an average nba player.
    He had the best DRTG on Kentcuky, yes even better than Stein!

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    the problem with you is that you would have said this about anyone as long as they were drafted by the wolves

you dont watch basketball, you watch the timberwolves
    I watched a ton of Towns and Okafor this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    per40 lol....
    I could say KAT did what he did in 9 less mpg? Does that help?

Okafor played 30% more minutes. To simply put out their stats without taking into account the disparity in minutes seems dumb doesn't it?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax

Banned

I could say KAT did what he did in 9 less mpg? Does that help?

Okafor played 30% more minutes. To simply put out their stats without taking into account the disparity in minutes seems dumb doesn't it?
    I agree with most of what you say but you seem so biased. By your own logic I could say watch any of Okafor's high school mix tapes and he was used better and put up better stats!

great competition in the sec...

lets see what happens in the nba, you biased kentucky fan.

theres really nothing that sticks out about him. not a great athlete, not a great scorer, not a great defender.

he'll just be average. his ceiling is al horford.
    You have literally no clue how to evaluate and project talent. If all of what you say is true about Towns than Okafor is going to be a scrub bench player.

Towns isn't a great athlete like you said, but he isn't a bad one at all. He is above average.

Regarding your second "point" and in general the fact that you think he can't shoot . Calipari had him exclusively in the paint because he was their only player who could play in the paint. And it's extremely logical to predict that Towns is going to be a very good shooter in the NBA. He has a great stroke for any position, let alone a big. He has a very high % free throw rate (one of the biggest indicators that he can shoot) and he was a prolific shooter in high school. And in the DX workout vid he hit 71 out of 100 threes. To say he can't shoot is downright moronic.

Again, Towns had the best DRTG on the best defensive team in the country.

No one ever said he would be a center. He has the ability to be both a center and a power forward. And if you think IT IS BAD that a big has a 3 point shot, then you just need to be laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    You have literally no clue how to evaluate and project talent. If all of what you say is true about Towns than Okafor is going to be a scrub bench player.

Towns isn't a great athlete like you said, but he isn't a bad one at all. He is above average.

Regarding your second "point" and in general the fact that you think he can't shoot . Calipari had him exclusively in the paint because he was their only player who could play in the paint. And it's extremely logical to predict that Towns is going to be a very good shooter in the NBA. He has a great stroke for any position, let alone a big. He has a very high % free throw rate (one of the biggest indicators that he can shoot) and he was a prolific shooter in high school. And in the DX workout vid he hit 71 out of 100 threes. To say he can't shoot is downright moronic.

Again, Towns had the best DRTG on the best defensive team in the country.

No one ever said he would be a center. He has the ability to be both a center and a power forward. And if you think IT IS BAD that a big has a 3 point shot, then you just need to be laughed at.
    In fact, Towns had the best ORTG and DRTG on Kentcuky.

"Not a great defender"