Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Peak John Stockton vs Peak Steve Nash

Mentally-ill retard who won't stop bashing Dwight Howard

Default Re: Peak John Stockton vs Peak Steve Nash

Stockton was basically like Nash with defense. I'll take Stock.

Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

Stockton

I'll take Stockton, better passer and much better defender.

Gimme Stockton. He could come up with a clutch steal if needed. When was the last time Nash played defense? 1998?

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Stockton was a better defender, Nash is a better offensive player (by a little). My head says Stockton, but my heart goes with Nash. His shooting really is ridiculous, and it's easy to forget that he took a team with Marion, Diaw, and Barbosa as the next best players to a 50+ wins and the Western Conference Finals.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Gimme Stockton. He could come up with a clutch steal if needed. When was the last time Nash played defense? 1998?
    Nash's defense isn't that horrible, he takes a lot of charges and he's got decent size. He's bad, but he's not, like, Derek Rose or Fisher trying to guard someone quick bad or something.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Stockton was a better defender, Nash is a better offensive player (by a little). My head says Stockton, but my heart goes with Nash. His shooting really is ridiculous, and it's easy to forget that he took a team with Marion, Diaw, and Barbosa as the next best players to a 50+ wins and the Western Conference Finals.
    I never understood why Nash got all the credit for that, Marion was dropping 22/12 that year, Diaw was playing center will enough to earn the MIP award, and Raja Bell was playing great D while averaging 15ppg.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Someone dig up the pace of those Jazz teams. Obviously it'll be slower, I want to know how much.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Someone dig up the pace of those Jazz teams. Obviously it'll be slower, I want to know how much.
    Actually it wasn't slower, it just seemed that way because the league in general was playing a much higher pace.

Steve Nash is my favourite player of all time.

Stockton.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    I never understood why Nash got all the credit for that, Marion was dropping 22/12 that year, Diaw was playing center will enough to earn the MIP award, and Raja Bell was playing great D while averaging 15ppg.
    He doesn't get all the credit but the reason Marion and the others had such great success is because Nash created everything for them. Marion can't create his own shot to save his life. Diaw got the MIP because he was now starting for the first time getting way more minutes and thus way more stats. Stoudemire was out and the Suns still got 54 wins all the while Nash was dropping 19/11 on 51/43/92 percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone112
    He doesn't get all the credit but the reason Marion and the others had such great success is because Nash created everything for them.
    Contradict yourself much ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    I never understood why Nash got all the credit for that, Marion was dropping 22/12 that year
    So it's a coincidence that Marion's field goal percentage, true shooting percentage, effective field goal percentage, and points per attempt all took a dramatic increase once Nash got there?

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    So it's a coincidence that Marion's field goal percentage, true shooting percentage, effective field goal percentage, and points per attempt all took a dramatic increase once Nash got there?
    That goes both ways you know. Or maybe you think its a coincidence that Nashs assists, shooting percentage, effective field goal percentage, and points per attempt all went up dramatically once he got guys like Stoudemire and Marion to pass to, and a higher pace team to play on.