Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #31
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think right now the spurs are still great (championship contenders for sure) but they have two problems, parker dominates the ball too much which takes them out of their inside out game sometimes, and their center position is too much a tweener. look what yao did to them. i dont see elson or oberto becoming even decent post defenders either, so what do they do?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #32
antemiogordon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

antemiogordon has an OK reputation so far

Spurs are probably among top 5, because of its tallent but also team spirit; I do agree that Duncan/Parker/Manu is one the best combos in the league; still remains the health issue, but with these three in good form Spurs could defeat anyone.

What I suspect is that every team in the league could also defeat Spurs They lost to Bobcats, Lakers, Houston, Dallas and were in trouble with many under .500 teams, so they are getting old and can be defeated easily in any given night.

You know, htere team that only play in automatic pilot during the regular season waiting for playoffs, I assume Spurs is one of those teams, very confident they'll get the playoffs only waiting till start.
antemiogordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #33
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Spurs are very good but they need a big guy to help Timmy. Is he supposed to score in the post AND guard the other team's best big every night? It's gonna cost them a title shot this year if it's not addressed...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:43 PM   #34
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Spurs are still top 3. But 60 wins without a true C is pure homer talk.
gee they have the same record as the Mavnots and the best record in the NBA how the **** did that happen? As Bill Russell once said the only stat that matters is wins and losses. BTW no matter how many wins you get and no matter who you beat it donn't mean a thing if you don't get the ring, PERIOD>
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:44 PM   #35
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

LakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputationLakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Will they still be a contender even though ouitside Tim Duncan, they have no depth up front? I think the Spurs will barely get home court in the 1st round.

1- Mavs
2- Clippers
3- Suns
4- Spurs
5- Kings
6- Lakers
7- Nuggets
8- Rockets

SThat's my opinion though

LakersRuleTheNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #36
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Mavs, Spurs and Suns are without a doubt the top 3 teams in the league. It's hard to rank them.

I'm willling to bet 100$ that on of those three wins the ship this year
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:58 PM   #37
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Mavs, Spurs and Suns are without a doubt the top 3 teams in the league. It's hard to rank them.

I'm willling to bet 100$ that on of those three wins the ship this year
Pretty much, I'd bet on those teams too.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #38
itsmeman
I airball my layups

itsmeman has an OK reputation so far

I don't know what anyone else thinks but it seems to me dirk and duncan have followed in shaq's footsteps and put it in cruise control until the end of the season. They know the guys around them are good enough to win them 55 to 60 games. They seemed to do the same thing last year then turned it on in the playoffs.
itsmeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:52 PM   #39
LMFAO
Serious playground baller

LMFAO has decent reputationLMFAO has decent reputation
Default Re: Where to rank the Spurs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBABaller
the asterisks are overrated, they don't have a true center, they'll be lucky to even get the 5th seed next season...
LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: