Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Cats free agents

According to espn.com the Cats free agents are as follows:

Restricted: Alan Anderson, Walter Herrmann (team option), Ryan Hollins (team option);
Unrestricted: Derek Anderson, Matt Carroll, Jeff McInnis, Jake Voskuhl (Player option), Gerald Wallace (Player option)

Any ideas on who will be re-signed and who would make good trade-bait?
IMO the Cats should keep Herrmann and all of the unrestricted FAs.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Cats free agents

Even Voskuhl? Otherwise, I agree.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
Even Voskuhl? Otherwise, I agree.

Yes. IMO Voskhul is the second best center that the Cats have if you consider Okafor to be a Center. I admit that the team needs a starter-quality Center (I love Chris Kaman) because Okafor needs a back-up who is more than an off-the-bench player like Voskhul. Now if the team can use Voskhul as part of a trade for a veteran at C and/or at PF then that should probably be done. The team just can't afford to be weak at any position for the upcoming season if the guys want to make the playoffs and there has to be more depth at most of the positions than the team currently has.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #4
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

They'll probably pick up Herrmann's option and resign DA, Carroll and Wallace.

I hope they'll resign Hollins and Voskuhl, but I dunno.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:18 AM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
They'll probably pick up Herrmann's option and resign DA, Carroll and Wallace.

I hope they'll resign Hollins and Voskuhl, but I dunno.

Do you think that Hollins will be ready to play more minutes?

This will be a very interesting period of time--first for the draft and then for all the post-July 1 activities. I wonder what the team will end up looking like by the beginning of the new season.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #6
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

It wasn't at all unexpected but Wallace just opted out of his contract for next year. ESPN says he will fetch $10+ million in free agency. They also said the Bobcats are very interested in re-signing Wallace (which we all knew). Orlando and Milwaukee were mentioned as teams possibly interested in trying to steal Wallace from us.

I fully expect the Bobcats to re-sign Wallace. I think he wants to be here and the ownership wants him here even more. I think that will play well in our favor overall; even if we offer him a few million less (lets say we offer 5 years, $55 million and someone else offers 5 years, $60 million) I think he still comes back to CLT to see what he can do as the leader on a promising young team. But I think we will offer the most b/c we know better than anyone what he is capable of.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:24 AM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Im here to claim wallace as well.The grizz have some cap space this year to play with.They are also looking for a good guard.They are looking at billups,mo williams,and gerald wallace.Oh yeah and probably anderson varejo.I would love to get wallace.But im preety sure he likes being the star on the team the bucks will throw alot of cash at him.I wouldnt be to concerned with other teams.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: