Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-02-2015, 02:52 AM   #14311
JohnFreeman
First Kobe fan on ISH

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarHill
Connery, Craig and Moore are all better
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:27 AM   #14312
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
Connery, Craig and Moore are all better

Moore was the worst IMO. I'd take Dalton and Lazenby over him.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:56 AM   #14313
kNIOKAS
There will be plaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
This is honestly the most offensive post I've ever read

Jeff you gonna allow this garbage on your site?
No need to appeal to the Highest here. If you disagree lets make it a match, lets duke it out.

What's special in WoWS? I saw it as a bunch of little people that I cannot relate to. One likes Jordan Belfort only because he's a good looking DiCaprio - what else is there? Film touches the american dream and everything, but not really commits to look what exactly is it, what are feds for, anything. A directionless story of a random guy.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:28 AM   #14314
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
Die Hard, really? In what way do you enjoy it? They were re-running parts on Christmas over here, it's just an old action movie.

Watched The Wolf of Wallstreet in two sittings. 7.5/10, nothing really special, it didn't capture me, make me enjoy the story or anything. Just that naked women in there were really great. I'm gonna look up for gifs.

Die Hard1 is a classic..and Bruce Willis talking shit the whole movie separates him from the other retard action stars who can barely speak english. i still get caught up in it if i let myself watch it for a few minutes when i'm flicking around.

it does triip me out tho how many people here have first watched real old stuff like they just got VHS
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #14315
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Tai Chi Zero

5.5/10
Old 01-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #14316
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Tai Chi Hero

7.8/10
Old 01-02-2015, 08:33 AM   #14317
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Kundo: age of the rampant

6/10
Old 01-02-2015, 09:03 AM   #14318
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Redirect- 8/10 very entertaining film
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #14319
KobesFinger
Laker Gang #COYG

The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies - 6/10. I was so underwhelmed by it which is a shame because I really enjoyed Desolation of Smaug. Obviously the name suggests its going to be fighting upon fighting but there wasn't much if any meaningful dialogue.

Frozen - 6/10. Wanted to see what the fuss was about. "Let it go" is a good song but beyond that I wasn't feeling it.

The Watch - 8/10. Very funny film IMO and its made me like Richard Ayoude.

2 Guns - 7/10. It is a cliche action but I like the chemistry between Denzel and Wahlberg
KobesFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #14320
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakencdukest
Good movie, Tom Hardy with a hell of a performance. That shit had me cheering!
Solid movie for sure. Tom Hardy has been hittin' it out the park for a while now. Hes starting to get underrated despite all the high profile roles he gets.

I liked the movie but probably shouldnt have watched it so close to having finished reading the novel. I absolutely loved the novel by Lehane and thought it was perfect. So I couldnt help but be distracted by all the glaring differences. Gandolfini and Hardy were spot on though, they couldnt have played it better.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:31 AM   #14321
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Solid movie for sure. Tom Hardy has been hittin' it out the park for a while now. Hes starting to get underrated despite all the high profile roles he gets.

I liked the movie but probably shouldnt have watched it so close to having finished reading the novel. I absolutely loved the novel by Lehane and thought it was perfect. So I couldnt help but be distracted by all the glaring differences. Gandolfini and Hardy were spot on though, they couldnt have played it better.

Is there anything else you'd recommend by Lehane. He comes up on all the lists of authors whenever I'm looking through books. I like True Crime stuff, but because it's a pretty shallow field for really high quality stuff, I started veering over to crime fiction. I've known about Lehane for a long time. And I know he wrote for The Wire, and a ton of his books have been turned into films. The problem is I haven't been all that interested in reading stuff I've already seen adaptations of on screen, and that wipes out a ton of his stuff. I also know he has a series piece, and I'm not sure I'm interested in a series.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #14322
BoogieWoogieMan
Redemption

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Frozen was alright but I loved Tangled, best recent disney movie. Haven't seen hero 6 yet though

Get on that and thank me later.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #14323
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Is there anything else you'd recommend by Lehane. He comes up on all the lists of authors whenever I'm looking through books. I like True Crime stuff, but because it's a pretty shallow field for really high quality stuff, I started veering over to crime fiction. I've known about Lehane for a long time. And I know he wrote for The Wire, and a ton of his books have been turned into films. The problem is I haven't been all that interested in reading stuff I've already seen adaptations of on screen, and that wipes out a ton of his stuff. I also know he has a series piece, and I'm not sure I'm interested in a series.
I have the same problem with reading books of films I have already watched. That is why I was glad to have read Shutter Island before it was made into a movie. The novel is better than the movie in my estimation. Particularly since Scorcece changed the tone of the narrative.

I would recommend A Drink Before the War which is the first novel in a boston noir series. Ive read the whole series and its great noir gritty stuff. Only one of the novels have been adapted, I think its the 5th one, called Gone Baby Gone.

That series along with Shutter Island and The Drop are the only Lehane Novels Ive read. Its all great literary content. You may want to check out Given Day which is the start of a trilogy that take place in the prohibition days. It was written before he did any work on Boardwalk Empire. I own the first two books but I havent gotten to them yet.

Most crime fiction authors have series as their bread and butter so the standalone pile is limited in a sense.

Last edited by ZeN : 01-02-2015 at 12:56 PM.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #14324
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I have the same problem with reading books of films I have already watched. That is why I was glad to have read Shutter Island before it was made into a movie. The novel is better than the movie in my estimation. Particularly since Scorcece changed the tone of the narrative.

I would recommend A Drink Before the War which is the first novel in a boston noir series. Ive read the whole series and its great noir gritty stuff. Only one of the novels have been adapted, I think its the 5th one, called Gone Baby Gone.

That series along with Shutter Island and The Drop are the only Lehane Novels Ive read. Its all great literary content. You may want to check out Given Day which is the start of a trilogy that take place in the prohibition days. It was written before he did any work on Boardwalk Empire. I own the first two books but I havent gotten to them yet.

Most crime fiction authors have series as their bread and butter so the standalone pile is limited in a sense.

Yeah, I read that Gone Baby Gone was part of a series based on the two detectives that Casey Affleck and his Girlfriend play. They're extremely played down in the movie though. They really just move plot. I suppose that gives you an easier open as a filmmaker to do another book from the series without being so tied to those characters, and the movie was great as it was.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:55 PM   #14325
ihoopallday
King James

American Sniper: 10/10
Haven't had a movie impact me like that in a long time. Maybe being currently in the military makes my rating somewhat bias. It just meant a lot more to me. War is ugly.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: