Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 01-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Our Current Roster

Keepers: Felton, Jackson and Wallace are starting to be a great 3-man threat that all the great teams seem to have. Nazr is more than serviceable at center and Diop is finally contributing. Graham and Murray are solid off the bench and Derrick Brown has the potential to be a star in this league.

Questions: DJ Augustin has been a puzzler this year. At times he looks like his mind is elsewhere, but then he'll have a decent night. I can't help but think something is going on that we're not privy to. Same with Diaw. He shows up to camp out of shape and injured and he plays with no fire at all. The fact that we have no other PF on the team doesn't help things. Some sort of trade seems inevitable, but would it hurt what little chemistry the starters have already?

Expendables: Acie Law would probably be a decent back-up but we're already loaded at PG. Same with Henderson, especially given LB's history with rookies. Chandler has not worked out so far and I think we're actually playing better with him injured. Ajinca seems destined to stay in the D league.

What do you all think should happen before the trade deadline? If we get on a decent winning streak should we do anything at all?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Default Re: Our Current Roster

I think if we're still teetering on the edge of the playoffs, I think we keep things as is. However, if it looks like we're beginning to fall off the pace, I would seriously look into trading Diaw + Augustin for something good from a team that's basically done.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

in spite of how poorly he's been playing this season, I think we should keep Augustin. the guy can shoot 3's really well and he can be an excellent spark off the bench. i think/hope his shooting percentage comes up throughout the course of the season.

diaw, on the other hand, needs to go. i really can't stand this guy anymore. he seems to contribute next to nothing (0 points on 0 of 5 shooting against the cavs) and plays completely uninspired. i read somewhere earlier about the possibility of sending augustin and diaw to the knicks for david lee? i like D.J. a lot (as previously stated) but that's an opportunity we can't pass up. could you imagine that lineup?

PG - Felton
SG - Jackson
SF - Wallace
PF - Lee
C - Tyson (or Nazr)

that'd be an awesome starting lineup with Diop or Nazr/Chandler coming off the bench (depending upon who starts). anyway, that's probably just wishful thinking.

i also read earlier somewhere about the possibility of getting harrington for diaw and augustin. i don't remember the source from either of these - they may have just been proposals from ISH.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
Brakas
I airball my layups

I like the idea of bringing in a quality 4. The Brand trade that was brought up sounded good. It takes two years to come back from that type of injury. I think Phili is going into rebuild mode if they do the McGrady trade and think we could strike now.
Brakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 AM   #5
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

If we'd have worked a deal with Felton this past summer I think DJ would already have been traded with another contract to net a PF. With the rumors saying Felton wanted a lot more than we were willing to pay that could put a damper on any thoughts of trading DJ.

I don't think he could replace Felton as starter as he seems much more comfortable playing a SG type role ...but the team has to be concerned with the idea of not having any PG on the roster going into FA next season.

We do really need another PF tho.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

If Felton keeps his play up someone will pay him what he wants.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: