Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #16
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Default Re: what are your thoughts on Skate?

Skate is awesome. I just started playing it and i never seem to beat any missions because i always just mess around.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #17
clipps
Good college starter

I love skate. I'm not good at it, though I have recorded some of the sickest falls. I tried to ollie over an on-coming car, didn't ollie high enough, the car hit my guy's legs which caused him to do a triple front flip and then face planted on the windshield of another on-coming vehicle, the collision with the vehicle sent me flying a good 6 or 7 feet towards the sidewalk, landed face first on a curb...

Lets just say it's a good thing it was a video game because my guy got F*CKED up. Broken scull(obviously, all I did was face plant on an on-coming vehicle going about 40-50 mph and then face planted a curb), broken legs, broken ribs.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #18
jbot
Future D1 Dad

my favorite mishap was me running into an old lady and knocking her into the street. the instant she hit the ground, a car ran her over at full speed. man, that made me laught out loud.

Last edited by jbot : 01-04-2008 at 12:25 AM.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #19
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

My record is 14 broken bones on one crash. The thing showed up and the whole skeleton was red.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #20
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
My record is 14 broken bones on one crash. The thing showed up and the whole skeleton was red.

wow, haven't done anything that bad yet. i read that if you break every bone 3x, it unlocks a hidden skater.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:07 AM   #21
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-footers

I love this game as well. It is so realistic and as a person that used to skate (albeit very unsuccesfully) I really enjoy how lifelike it is. It is very challenging and awsome to play.

I am at the point where my guy is sponsered. Almost for boards and Gold trucks. I've recently been doing a bunch of the Por skater S.K.A.T.E missions and have beat about 3 or 4 of them. I am stuck right now though because I have a lot of trobles doing the harder tricks (i.e. 360 Flips and the such). The computer just constantly doing stuff like that and I always do the wrong trick. I have yet to land one 360 flip, and the only one I did end up doing I got hit by a car.

This game is certainly the best skating game though. I love going in either halfpipes or bowls and just fooling around in there. It is so much fun though.

I really want to get some of the harder flip tricks down though. I have a lot of troubles with them.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:24 AM   #22
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ4'D
I love this game as well. It is so realistic and as a person that used to skate (albeit very unsuccesfully) I really enjoy how lifelike it is. It is very challenging and awsome to play.

I am at the point where my guy is sponsered. Almost for boards and Gold trucks. I've recently been doing a bunch of the Por skater S.K.A.T.E missions and have beat about 3 or 4 of them. I am stuck right now though because I have a lot of trobles doing the harder tricks (i.e. 360 Flips and the such). The computer just constantly doing stuff like that and I always do the wrong trick. I have yet to land one 360 flip, and the only one I did end up doing I got hit by a car.

This game is certainly the best skating game though. I love going in either halfpipes or bowls and just fooling around in there. It is so much fun though.

I really want to get some of the harder flip tricks down though. I have a lot of troubles with them.

did your guy get sponsored by a truck company b4 wheels? i've just got boards and wheels, no trucks yet. i sucked at flip tricks until i had to do a mission for p-rod, some nollie 360 flip to grind on some ledge. it took me like 20 straight minutes to complete it but in the meantime i got good at doing the harder flip tricks.

also on the s.k.a.t.e. missions, i pretty much waited until the other guy bailed and then i would just repeat the same trick sets over and over until i won.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:23 AM   #23
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
did your guy get sponsored by a truck company b4 wheels? i've just got boards and wheels, no trucks yet. i sucked at flip tricks until i had to do a mission for p-rod, some nollie 360 flip to grind on some ledge. it took me like 20 straight minutes to complete it but in the meantime i got good at doing the harder flip tricks.

also on the s.k.a.t.e. missions, i pretty much waited until the other guy bailed and then i would just repeat the same trick sets over and over until i won.
Did I say truck? I meant wheels, my bad. Yeah just noticed I said trucks, I meant wheels.

I just finished playing again, and I actually did pretty good at flip tricks. I beat one of the S.K.A.T.E missions and I did a variety of the harder flip tricks like 360 flips, hardflips and laser flips.

I am having so much troubles with the "Manny Madness" photo mission though. I am horrible at mannuling (sp?) and I have been stuck on this mission for like 2 days now. I just finished playing for like 20 minutes straight and I still couldn't do it. I absolutely hate mannuling and am horrible at it. This is one mission I am having tons of trouble with. Do you have any advice jbot? Have you done that one yet?
Old 01-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I beat the game anyone else completed it yet?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #25
Clipper 4 Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I dont think it is very good, that camera angle just annoys me and i traded it back in after 2 days
Clipper 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #26
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ4'D
I am having so much troubles with the "Manny Madness" photo mission though. I am horrible at mannuling (sp?) and I have been stuck on this mission for like 2 days now. I just finished playing for like 20 minutes straight and I still couldn't do it. I absolutely hate mannuling and am horrible at it. This is one mission I am having tons of trouble with. Do you have any advice jbot? Have you done that one yet?

is this the mission where u ollie up to a trash dumpster, manual it, ollie to another and manual that one? if it is, it took me about 20 minutes to get it. i would just keep practicing ollie to manuals and make sure you put minimal pressure on the stick during manuals. sometimes i try to land my thumb on the very top edge of the right stick to manual.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #27
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper 4 Life
I dont think it is very good, that camera angle just annoys me and i traded it back in after 2 days

i absolutely hated the angle for the 1st few days i played it. i got used to it though.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #28
Clipper 4 Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I now have all the money in my Game account :) so ill use it towards NBA live 08 or NBA 2K8
Clipper 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:01 AM   #29
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
is this the mission where u ollie up to a trash dumpster, manual it, ollie to another and manual that one? if it is, it took me about 20 minutes to get it. i would just keep practicing ollie to manuals and make sure you put minimal pressure on the stick during manuals. sometimes i try to land my thumb on the very top edge of the right stick to manual.
Yeah I beat that mission about a day or two after I posted that.

I have beat the game now (beat it about a week ago). Technically I didn't beat the game as I didn't complete all the mission but I did the final missions.

I have to say that the hardest mission in the game, at least for me, was the 360 flip to FS Crooked on that bench while Big Black is walking around. I literally spent about 2-3 hours on that mission and still have not beat it. That one is so damn hard. I always seem to do one and not the other. When I do the 360 flip I do a nose grind and when I do the FS crooked, I always end up doing a 360 pop shuv it instead of a 360 flip. That is such a hard mission.

But yeah I still love this game and will still certainly play it. I will probably start a new career soon and do it all over again. It will be a while before I gets sick of this game.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #30
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

best skating game ever made.

i just turned pro recently... stuck on a couple of the film challenges.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: