Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-11-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

Default Larry Brown to the Nets?

Please don't let this happen.

Quote:
If you're wondering about Larry Brown's next stop, since we're all in agreement that there's no way he'll let the New York nightmare stand as his farewell to coaching, New Jersey is a natural. Think about it. Larry is from Brooklyn, where the Nets want to move. Larry has unfinished business with the Nets thanks to the 1983 mess where he forced the team to fire him just days before the playoffs began by planning a move to the University of Kansas. ESPN.com

I can picture a Brown return to Jersey someday. I don't see him going out with one graceless season in Gotham as his final NBA act, but I also struggle to see him wanting to coach a group of years-away kids like the Bobcats, who are mentioned often as a possibility because of Brown's ties to North Carolina and new Bobcats president Michael Jordan. The idea of Larry rejoining the Sixers, furthermore, figures to lose steam if Philly indeed trades away Allen Iverson. After the mess with the Knicks -- the only NBA team in Brown's career that he wasn't able to turn around and take to the playoffs -- I suspect the next team that does hire him will have to be a franchise that knows him well. The Nets obviously qualify. ESPN.com
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

yup hope also this doesnt happen, we need big men not a new coach, Lawrence Frank is an ok coach to bad he's not winning them like they used to.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

the defensive sets the Nets run, all the help, the shifting zones, and the set rotations, are all good defense... but the defensive talent of the big men may not be there.

if you hire LB, we wont see anything different from what we see now except a slowed down offense and LB saying " SLOW IT DOWN" as opposed to Frank yelling: "LETS GO LETS GO LETS GO"
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:04 PM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

i think brown belongs at the college level, not the NBA.

the reason why is because he generally can't manage the egos of NBA players effectively. maybe he can handle a team full of veterans and maybe he could have handled players from a decade or more ago, but he simply doesn't fit today's NBA.

the other reason that any serious team shouldn't hire him is because they'll only be renting him for a couple seasons before he gets happy feet or gets into a hopeless feud with his players.

he's a legendary coach for sure, but he simply doesn't belong here anymore.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
the defensive sets the Nets run, all the help, the shifting zones, and the set rotations, are all good defense... but the defensive talent of the big men may not be there.

if you hire LB, we wont see anything different from what we see now except a slowed down offense and LB saying " SLOW IT DOWN" as opposed to Frank yelling: "LETS GO LETS GO LETS GO"

I whole-heartidly agree. This team doesn't have the talent to be great defensively like Larry has done with the Pistons, Sixers or Spurs. They don't have the Rodman, D-Robinson, Mutumbo, Theo Ratliff, Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace type of players that impose their will on defensese. Cliff was good for Larry, but not that great for this year.

Secondly, we're not a great half court team. It's pretty much Carter or RJ as our halfcourt and they seem to not have been working together as well. Larry likes to call out his plays before each play and Jason needs to run to be effective, it just won't work out.

Like I said in the main forum. This won't happen. Rod and Larry don't have exactly have a good relationship between them.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: