Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Serious playground baller Nezty's Avatar

Default Re: Is Gerald Green's "double dunk" the DUMBEST dunk in contest history?

Dwight got a 50 for the shit Superman which wasn't even a dunk was more like a giant floater, so Green's dunk should have had a 50 had he hit it.

Default Re: Is Gerald Green's "double dunk" the DUMBEST dunk in contest history?

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Apparently you've never heard of Earl "The Goat"....he was obviously trying to recreate the "alleged" double dunk that Earl did back in the day. I like the creativity and if he could've done it on the 1st or 2nd try, I would've given it a 50...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HfHuKx4p4A

"That's two motherfkers!"

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    I don't care how legendary it is/was...it's lame. You're pulling yourself up in the rim. That's straight up cheating. If he had done it without using the rim (which is probably impossible for anyone today to do it) then that would be something completely different.

I'm sure dunking two balls at the same time was considered legendary at some point. Now everyone and their grandma can do it.
    However it wasnt like he was hanging on the rim and dunking it for a second time. Watch it again and you will see His arm was bent and you cant really keep yourself up there like that with just one arm. Sure it helps to get a bit higher and get more hangtime but I'm quite sure it doesn't work unless you have incredible hops anyway. I think the dunk is a lot more difficult than it'looks! Go and try it on a 8 feet rim and you'll see. Also noone really knows how the goat did it except for the people who saw it with their own eyes.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2swift4u
    However it wasnt like he was hanging on the rim and dunking it for a second time. Watch it again and you will see His arm was bent and you cant really keep yourself up there like that with just one arm. Sure it helps to get a bit higher and get more hangtime but I'm quite sure it doesn't work unless you have incredible hops anyway. I think the dunk is a lot more difficult than it'looks! Go and try it on a 8 feet rim and you'll see. Also noone really knows how the goat did it except for the people who saw it with their own eyes.
    I agree that the hanging on the rim would have been minimal. It is quite difficult indeed.

However, I had an issue with the removal of the net. That was a little too much for me. A rim having a net is a part of basketball and a part of dunking. I feel like there should be some constants when it comes to dunking. The rim should stay at ten feet, the net should stay where it should, and players shouldn't use anything to propel them upward. Dunking in an NBA dunk contest without a net just wouldn't have felt like a legit dunk.

I thought the Nate Robinson's multiple attempts with the double between the legs pass was the worst of all-time

He should have caught it with his feet and done a scorpion dunk

He would have been a shoo-in for the Finals if he just did his KISS THE RIM dunk.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
    He should have caught it with his feet and done a scorpion dunk
    LOL dafuq

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    He would have been a shoo-in for the Finals if he just did his KISS THE RIM dunk.

I agree. He should have quit trying the double dunk and made a dunk that displays how incredible his leaping ability is.

I expected much more from him and White.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    I agree. He should have quit trying the double dunk and made a dunk that displays how incredible his leaping ability is.

I expected much more from him and White.
    He tried that with the candle dunk but as we can see, people don't even appreciate that one...

Banned

He tried that with the candle dunk but as we can see, people don't even appreciate that one...
    That cupcake dunk is NOW considered one of the best non-winning dunks in Slam Dunk history. It wasn't appreciated at that time, but over time it's won over with a lot of people.

He should have won that contest but we all know a role players wouldn't win against a superstar like Dwight Howard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

That is because he put no power behind the dunk because of being afraid of knocking over the candle. That dunk would have been better if substituted power in for the blowing on the candle.

The cupcake dunk would have been better if he bit the rim and held on after he blew out the candle

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I thought the Nate Robinson's multiple attempts with the double between the legs pass was the worst of all-time
    And he won that contest with this dunk beating the more deserved Andre Iguoadala.

People don't wanna see gimmicks and kissing shit. They wanna see high flying, acrobatic, graceful and power.

Nique, Jordan and carter, considered the best dunkers ever didn't use lame gimmicks. It was all leaping ability grace and power.