Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #61
SESSEL15
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Will Bosh Re-Sign?

Hes not going to come out say I want to get traded. He would be scrutinized.

Hes not going to come out say I want to stay here and then down the road we find out that he initiated a traded. He would be scrutinized.

All he needs to do is assure the City that he enjoys playing here.

Wouldn't you guys do the exact same thing if you were in his position?
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #62
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
Hes not going to come out say I want to get traded. He would be scrutinized.

Hes not going to come out say I want to stay here and then down the road we find out that he initiated a traded. He would be scrutinized.

All he needs to do is assure the City that he enjoys playing here.

Wouldn't you guys do the exact same thing if you were in his position?

Definitely. No matter what he says he's in a bad position. It's best just to keep his thoughts to himself, he isn't obligated to tell the media anything.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:44 AM   #63
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Ok, I apologize for that, but quite honestly, I can't have a civilized conversation with you or b4ball without getting annoyed and pissed off. With DJMason, RaininThrees, whoever else I can respectfully disagree but not with you 2 clowns... The reason I defend Bosh so much isn't because of a man crush. If we could trade Bosh for Wade, Howard, Kobe, Lebron straight up i'd do it without thinking twice. Sure i'd miss having him on the team, but it'd be a pretty easy adjustment with a proven superstar coming to give us serious title hopes. However, I feel like the dude is given some crazy and unrealistic expectations given the amount of talent he actually has to work with. KG was known as a loser first round exit at best who disappears at clutch moments. Two years with an actual TEAM to work with and he makes the conference finals (03-04) and wins a championship (07-08). Kobe Bryant, at that time the best player in the league, struggled when Shaq was traded to even MAKE the playoffs. Once given a ****ing team to work with, he makes the finals.

So in short... we may have seen close to the best (statistically) season that Bosh can or will ever produce, but we haven't seen what he can do with a GOOD team behind him. It's not like we're in Washington's situation where we have 3 huge contract players and no room to maneuver. It's one dude, and then we can make at least one or maybe even 2 more big signings. And then, once we actually have the players to make that run, we can see how far Bosh can take us. If he fails then, the ok it's time to go another route. You guys are so ****ing hasty... It's no wonder franchise guys never wanna stay in Toronto.

If anybody says anything that you construe to be the least bit negative about Bosh you go off the deep end. You lather up like a boy pretending to be his father while shaving and pee in your panties. I agree with most that you post well, except when the conversation turns to Bosh, then your back pretending to be your father.

Your personal dislike is because I have decimated your logic on several occasions. And predictably you run back to the bathroom.

Back to topic. Yes Bosh appears to have hit his ceiling, or the learning curve will seem so flat that it will look that way (that does not mean we should trade him, Bosh is awesome). Is there anybody that disagrees that Bosh will look better on a winning team? The two and three have been the black holes on this team. That is where the fix is needed, it’s just a matter of arguing over who or what combination of the two fits best with the current starters that we intent to keep.

I disagree with most that Toronto can't attract top talent. Toronto is a great market, is developing a very knowleable fan base and this forum proves it. I also have always disagreed with most about the Bosh / Bargnani tandem not ever being able to win together. With Bosh and Bargnani we don’t need all star two and three’s, we need very good role players.

Bosh, Bargnani and Calderon can all score, points have not been a problem when they are all healthy. I really think it won’t be hard to fill those two other positions without going crazy salary wise. Two starters that can defend well and can slash to the hoop from the space created by Bosh and Bargnani having incredible abilities (drive and shoot ) and the two and three positions can thrive here. (Kapono was not a good fit because he occupies the same space that Calderon, Parker and Bargnani do and we needed someone with a diferent skill set. Though I still like Kapono, just not here)

So to summarize, Parker and Moon have been more then terrible to count on this past season as starters. When fans start to think that Graham might be the guy that can come in and save us we are desperate. And I don’t think we need All Stars like JRCP says. Two very good role players, (a lot of players will love playing with the space Bosh and Bargnani provide) and we are contenders in the east.

Last edited by b4ball : 04-18-2009 at 01:56 PM.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:55 AM   #64
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

I say we pick up Ariza with the MLE and trade for a player like Matt Harpring. Or someone with a similar defensive mentality. I agree with you b4ball about Bosh and Bargnani to an extent. A part of me feels like it could work and I would love to retain both players. But I think we need some really good defensive minded players at the SG and SF. I would still like to pick up Ben Gordon for SG though. Even though he's not a good defensive player, he still puts up a **** load of points and is very good late in the clock and in clutch situations. Which has been an area we have been weak in for quite some time.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #65
DJMason
Dunking on everybody in the park

While a Bosh/Bargnani combo can certainly get us to the playoffs in the near future and maybe even get us a high enough seed that we can take a round, until they show me that they can handle rougher playoff ball and not get punked out like they did the past couple trips we've had to the playoffs I'll stand by my opinion that a Bosh/Bargnani combo cannot ever make us a legit contender for the Eastern championship let alone the NBA championship.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #66
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
While a Bosh/Bargnani combo can certainly get us to the playoffs in the near future and maybe even get us a high enough seed that we can take a round, until they show me that they can handle rougher playoff ball and not get punked out like they did the past couple trips we've had to the playoffs I'll stand by my opinion that a Bosh/Bargnani combo cannot ever make us a legit contender for the Eastern championship let alone the NBA championship.

I'll give you that DJ. But I see Bargnani's confidence growing and I see his defensive knowledge increasing. To your point of being a lot tougher I'm optimistic that Bargnani biggest improvement going into next year will be exactly that, being tougher. And it will have to be Bargnani because it’s not a part of Bosh’s make up.

I have never seen Bargnani back down, know I hope he imposes himself a lot more. The biggest challenge is to imposed himself and not get into foul trouble. And you are 100% correct in acknowledging that without a significant increase in toughness and intensity deep playoff ball is not in our future.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #67
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

We have never seen Bosh and Bargnani play a playoff series with Bargnani playing with the type of confidence he has been playing with for most of this season. Hopefully next year we can see what the two can do in the post season.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #68
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I feel like the dude is given some crazy and unrealistic expectations given the amount of talent he actually has to work with. KG was known as a loser first round exit at best who disappears at clutch moments. Two years with an actual TEAM to work with and he makes the conference finals (03-04) and wins a championship (07-08). Kobe Bryant, at that time the best player in the league, struggled when Shaq was traded to even MAKE the playoffs. Once given a ****ing team to work with, he makes the finals.

So in short... we may have seen close to the best (statistically) season that Bosh can or will ever produce, but we haven't seen what he can do with a GOOD team behind him.

Great post I agree 100%, especially with the KG/Kobe part. Chris Bosh is definitely a franchise player, the kind of talent that doesn't come around all that often. I do believe that with a real team put around Bosh, we'll be seeing a lot different from what we saw this year.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: