Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default How did you guys learn "responsibility"?

watta mean-a dis word responsibility? and why doez our parents always high five us when we have aloota of it, and hurt our feeilns when we don't have much.

growin up wut wus some things u partook in to get responsible.

and is it okay if i blame some of the things i do on big brother?
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How did you guys learn "responsibility"?

Happens pretty quick when you're 19, working full time, and paying your way through school. You **** up and it's over. Got no choice.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Happens pretty quick when you're 19, working full time, and paying your way through school. You **** up and it's over. Got no choice.

Gotcha. I doubt the average dude gets thrown into this situation, though. Bear with me and go babysteps, my man. Did you have a pet growing up? Did you find your lies catching up? Or did you directly heave yourself into a tough scenario that would eventually pay off, from starting as a privileged child?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:31 AM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh ha, yeah, my parents were low middle class at best until I was in 9th or 10th grade. I learned younger, through chores without allowance, taking care of my dog, having to keep up on schoolwork, not being given anything except food and clothes without working for or earning it. Had to get a job at 16, paid for my cars, hobbies, etc. Always paid for my phone, car payments, rent, car insurance, food, etc. Made it a lot easier come 19.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
Oh ha, yeah, my parents were low middle class at best until I was in 9th or 10th grade. I learned younger, through chores without allowance, taking care of my dog, having to keep up on schoolwork, not being given anything except food and clothes without working for or earning it. Had to get a job at 16, paid for my cars, hobbies, etc. Always paid for my phone, car payments, rent, car insurance, food, etc. Made it a lot easier come 19.

First of all, kudos, sir. When I have a husband and adopt a child, I'll try to commit same mentality to my offspring.

What spurred you to maintain affection for them? Was it filial piety or an innate sense of position as son? Most of the kids I'm familiar with get a sh!tload more financial help from rents, yet play the "I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T f*ck my momz" card quite often. This is quite odd.. self-sufficiency and respect.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Always paid for my phone, car payments, rent, car insurance, food, etc.
What about haircuts?
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #7
DreamShake34
I hit open layups

DreamShake34 has no real reputation yet.

Aside from the typical responsibilities growing up(mowing the lawn, doing my laundry, cleaning my room), I’ve never really had to endure being independent and self reliant. Now I'm a 20 year old college student and my parents are paying for my school and most of my other expenses. But based on how I was raised I feel an obligation to work my ass off hitting the books rather than piss away the opportunities they’ve given me. So I guess I may not have learned responsibility in the traditional sense of the word, but I still have it instilled in me.
DreamShake34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:50 AM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
First of all, kudos, sir. When I have a husband and adopt a child, I'll try to commit same mentality to my offspring.

What spurred you to maintain affection for them? Was it filial piety or an innate sense of position as son? Most of the kids I'm familiar with get a sh!tload more financial help from rents, yet play the "I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T f*ck my momz" card quite often. This is quite odd.. self-sufficiency and respect.

Maintaining affection was easy, because I always understood our situation. And we weren't dirt poor. I had good christmas and birthday, we'd have the occasional road trip, vacation, but I never was just given stuff if it wasn't christmas or my birthday and I worked around the house for nothing. Although, my brother is 10 years younger than me and he had a totally different childhood than me. Doesn't appreciate ****, grew up with a lot more, etc. I've wondered what I will do if I have kids or adopt. I will certainly be better off than my parents were at conception. I think they'll have to work for whatever they get. On the other hand, I have a dog who is spoiled. Who knows.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:52 AM   #9
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Going to school and actually trying is where I guess I learned that.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #10
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Through childhood/adolescent sports. Best way for a man imo.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: