Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Bucks fan

Default Re: Dallas = Most boring city in US

at trying to claim Microsoft and Silicon valley as acheivements of the South.

Adam

The best thing I can say is don't come back if you aren't happy with the city. You being there or not, is not affecting anyone of anything. Or do something about all the things you are complaining about. Write the representatives about the education or start your own late museum in Dallas. Complaining is just making yourself more frustrated.

But using this as a platform to down someone's culture and city, is not fixing what you feel is an issue.

You probably should bring your xbox next time.

Out of curiousity...are you a Mavs fan?

*On Fridays, the museum is opened till Midnight.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by MFFL
    The best thing I can say is don't come back if you aren't happy with the city.
    Right, I'll tell my boss right away.
    Write the representatives about the education or start your own late museum in Dallas. Complaining is just making yourself more frustrated.
    The only people getting frusterated are you guys. This is all in jest for me. But just in case, I'll start a "Fix Dallas" website and letter writing campaign.
    Out of curiousity...are you a Mavs fan?
    Yes. Diehard Mavs fan.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    Yes. Diehard Mavs fan.
    is that a joke?

if not then why in the hell would you be a fan of a city you find to be the most boring city in america?

Bucks fan

I became a Mavs fan before I knew how boring the city was. Now I'm confused. I planned a trip to the Mecca of Mavs basketball so that I could learn more about the homeland of my favorite players, only to find out that they lead boring empty lives.

The Only Way

I became a Mavs fan before I knew how boring the city was. Now I'm confused. I planned a trip to the Mecca of Mavs basketball so that I could learn more about the homeland of my favorite players, only to find out that they lead boring empty lives.

Are you serious? You come here for a little amount of time and call us boring.

Yet what you do for "a night out" is go to the art museum and the symphony.

You are one intense, fun guy.

Now there isnt anything wrong with going to the art museum but you cant call us boring if thats your type of fun.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

just as I suspected...you are a complete clown

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

Ok guys, let's not let this get ugly. Adam gave his opinion from a visit. Others offered theirs of what to do. Let's leave it at that. No personal attacks.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MFFL
    The best thing I can say is don't come back if you aren't happy with the city.

Right, I'll tell my boss right away.
    Either that or just make the best of it. Coming on here complaining isn't going to do anything. I'm sitting here thinking, "oook, what do you want us to do about that?" You obviously have to come here for your job, so either accept Dallas for what it is or make it your own. Life goes on and to each his own.

I tried offering suggestions but it's obvious you just came here to make insults, for whatever purpose for yourself.

You don't have to answer but I was just curious to know how old you where.
    Last edited by MFFL; 04-18-2007 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav
    Ok guys, let's not let this get ugly. Adam gave his opinion from a visit. Others offered theirs of what to do. Let's leave it at that. No personal attacks.
    Exactly. Even though I do feel like his purpose was to insult just for gratification of some sort. I don't think he even wanted solutions or suggestions for his "problem".

Bucks fan

I'm amused by this thead and the responses it's generated. I didn't expect people to be offended - it indicates that the city you live in is an important part of your identity - which itself indicates limited life experiences or a small worldview.

There's no problem to solve, because I was never bothered in the first place. I was bored for one afternoon, so I came in here to joke about it, and was rewarded with an amusing onslaught of angry responses.

The Only Way

I'm amused by this thead and the responses it's generated. I didn't expect people to be offended - it indicates that the city you live in is an important part of your identity - which itself indicates limited life experiences or a small worldview.

There's no problem to solve, because I was never bothered in the first place. I was bored for one afternoon, so I came in here to joke about it, and was rewarded with an amusing onslaught of angry responses.

I can guarantee you I have been out of the country more times than you have.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

You couldn't be more wrong with this statement. During my time in the military I have seen many places around the world. And I'd be willing to bet that I have had many more life experiences due to my age. But I have lived in this city since 1980, and it is a part of my identity. But it neither formed it, or consumes it.

In fact I could draw the same conclusion about you from your posts in this thread. Since you have lived in two major cities it has formed your identity. It also makes it appear that you have had limited life experience since you compare everything to your culture in those cities. It really doesn't show that you are open to much, just expect what you are used to doing to be available wherever you go. And how much of a worldview is it to want every place to be convenient for you. Instead of moping about trying to find something you like. If it's not available try something local and new. You just might broaden your horizons.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav
    Since you have lived in two major cities it has formed your identity.
    Wrong. I lived my first 18 years in Madison WI, and my identity was formed there if anywhere. But if somebody travels to Madison and tells jokes about it being boring, I'm not going to take it to heart. I'll just say, you're obviously not into outdoorsy stuff (bike riding, etc); no big deal. Doesn't reflect poorly on me for sure.

I went on a business trip to a big city, and assumed that I could enjoy my free time at all the museums etc that were in the neighborhood I was staying in. Thought it was funny that the whole city shuts down so early because I've never experienced that before, so I came in here to joke around about it.

Besides, I am open to trying new and exciting things; my conceirge just didn't tell me about TGI Fridays.

Besides, I am open to trying new and exciting things; my conceirge just didn't tell me about TGI Fridays.

Wisconsin...omg

But anyways, like I said before research and ask around before or during your trip.

And also, you're doing a lot of generalizing and assuming. Which is very ignorant and immature. You disrespected a person's culture and expect people not get offended? Please. I just hope you got whatever you were trying to accomplish with this post.

I doubt you were even trying to get suggestions but I was nice enough to find you another site:

http://search.cityguide.aol.com/dallas/
    Last edited by MFFL; 04-18-2007 at 05:19 PM.