Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Default Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

The best power forward prospects in the latest drafts. They met once in college, Beasley's Kansas State defeated Griffin's Oklahoma 84-82 on a Beasley's winning layup with 2 seconds left. Both played well, Beasley had 32 points, 11 boards and Griffin had 27 points,14 boards.

1) Who do you think will have a better rookie season?
    2) Who do you think will have a better career?

Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Griffin for both. He is not as skilled as Beasley, but he makes up for it with work ethic and athletecism.

1. Griffin
    2. Beasley

1) Who do you think will have a better rookie season?
    Griffen. Simply because he'll get the playing time. Beasley got about 24 minutes per game I believe, but was more efficient during the season as a scorer per 48 minutes than Rose or Mayo.

2) Who do you think will have a better career?
    Beasley. He wasn't drafted by the Clippers and he wasn't number one, no pressure.

I have Griffen on this. I don't know why I think it is due to his athletecism.

Beasley for the career. Blake wishes he had his offensive skillset.

Rookie season? Might be a tie if he goes to the Clippers. Gotta wonder how much action he will get to be productive.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I like Griffin better though I think Beasley may be more talented overall. Beasley seems unaggressive a lot of times while Griffin is just a freight train at all times.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

I think Griffin. Just something about the way he plays. He has the killer instinct that Beasley currently lacks.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore FULL CLIP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    Griffin for both. He is not as skilled as Beasley, but he makes up for it with work ethic and athletecism.
    I am Full Clip and I approve of this meassage.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Rookie season Griffin will have the edge. But I think he is overrated and probably wont end up as good as Beasley once its all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I like Griffin better though I think Beasley may be more talented overall. Beasley seems unaggressive a lot of times while Griffin is just a freight train at all times.
    Yeah i couldnt think of how to describe them but it seems Beasley coasts, goes thru the motions whereas Griffin is all energy, agressive. Something like a Shane Battier. Not comparing games (cuz posters on here are idiots and will take go left field). But Shane is intense, real active. Thats what i get from Blake which is why I think he'll do better on the glass.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore FULL CLIP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah i couldnt think of how to describe them but it seems Beasley coasts, goes thru the motions whereas Griffin is all energy, agressive. Something like a Shane Battier. Not comparing games (cuz posters on here are idiots and will take go left field). But Shane is intense, real active. Thats what i get from Blake which is why I think he'll do better on the glass.
    Plus he's bigger and more explosive. His attitude will also carry him far, he seems like somebody who will always try to improve and give it his all.

Rookie season might be Griffin simply because of playing time. Beasley will be the better player over his career.

Lacking killer instinct? Funny how he has a game winner last season and was placed in the line up at the end of the game during the end of the season.

How much playing time is Griffin going to get? Randolph, Camby, Kaman, Thornton. Who knows how LAC go about clearing room. He might not get no more time than Beasley did in Miami. We'll see how the roster unfolds tho.

Banned

I think Beasley will have the better career, he's a perimeter oriented 3/4 but he can score in a variety of ways and he plays next to a superstar like Dwyane Wade who can draws attention away from Beasley allowing him to excel as a #2 option.

Griffin on the other hand will be playing for a bad team where he will be the #1 option,but he relies solely on his athleticism and if he suffers a serious knee injury he may not be anywhere near the player he once was similar to McDyess who he is compared to.