Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 08-10-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default attending Cavs games in person

Here's a bit of a survey............

How many games do you go to a year?
What prevents you from going to more games?
What is the best game you have attended in person?
What do you like/dislike about the "Q" experience?
How much Cavs merchanside do you own?
Has your Cavs loyalty increased since LeBron/recent success (be honest)

My own personal answers......

-I maybe go to 1-2 games a year. I live 4 hours away and it's really hard to get up there
-distance/cost
-seeing Michael Jordan and the Wizards play on my birthday back in November of 2001. Just to be able to see MJ is something I'll never forget
-I love going to the Q. A much better/friendlier fan atmosphere than it was during the Gordon Gund days. I don't like the high prices, but that's part of the modern day sports landscape
-I own about 5 Cavs shirts, a few bobblehead dolls, and a few posters
-my loyalty has remained the same, which makes their recent success that much sweeter. Always loved the Cavs, even when they were awful
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: attending Cavs games in person

Quote:
How many games do you go to a year?
1-2
Quote:
What prevents you from going to more games?
Cost.
Quote:
What is the best game you have attended in person?
I haven't really been to that many over the years, so I'd have to say last year's Indiana game, only because my dad got some really sweet $360 tickets through work and I got to sit in the business boxes just behind the hoop. We got to go into the large room downstairs with all the free food, and the service was way better than you get for normal seats. You got to go through all the back walkways, and all the people were extra nice and everyone of them asked you if you need directions and you didn't have to fight through the crowd like the normal entrance.
Quote:
I hate the name "The Q". I hate even more that we sold out the name of the building to a sponsor. I hate that they charge so much to go to games, when they clearly make so much money anyways. And I don't like wine and gold.
Quote:
How much Cavs merchanside do you own?
Not a lot. I have a Lebron jersey, and a t-shirt from a few years ago. I haven't been into memorabilia for a while because I've moved a lot over the last couple of years, and I never really get to unpack completely.
Quote:
Has your Cavs loyalty increased since LeBron/recent success (be honest)
No. I really think last year was based on the fact that we got awesome seeding against a pretty weak bracket, and the Piston's played pretty crappy. I have to admit watching Lebron's performance (you know the one I'm talking about) against the Pistons made me excited for the first time this season, but watching us play against the Spurs more or less ruined it again.

I have zero faith in management, or our coaching staff, and almost none in our team. I'd trade any one of our guys except Lebron, Z, and Gibson, and I'd trade Z and Gibson if it was good enough.

I get tired of all the support for Varejo even though he clearly isn't a good player.

I get tired of the broadcasters making excuses for Larry Hughes, and Mike Brown continuing to play him, even when he's just awful.

Most of all I'm tired of all the overpaid bums we have on our roster.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
1-2

Cost.

I haven't really been to that many over the years, so I'd have to say last year's Indiana game, only because my dad got some really sweet $360 tickets through work and I got to sit in the business boxes just behind the hoop. We got to go into the large room downstairs with all the free food, and the service was way better than you get for normal seats. You got to go through all the back walkways, and all the people were extra nice and everyone of them asked you if you need directions and you didn't have to fight through the crowd like the normal entrance.

I hate the name "The Q". I hate even more that we sold out the name of the building to a sponsor. I hate that they charge so much to go to games, when they clearly make so much money anyways. And I don't like wine and gold.

Not a lot. I have a Lebron jersey, and a t-shirt from a few years ago. I haven't been into memorabilia for a while because I've moved a lot over the last couple of years, and I never really get to unpack completely.

No. I really think last year was based on the fact that we got awesome seeding against a pretty weak bracket, and the Piston's played pretty crappy. I have to admit watching Lebron's performance (you know the one I'm talking about) against the Pistons made me excited for the first time this season, but watching us play against the Spurs more or less ruined it again.

I have zero faith in management, or our coaching staff, and almost none in our team. I'd trade any one of our guys except Lebron, Z, and Gibson, and I'd trade Z and Gibson if it was good enough.

I get tired of all the support for Varejo even though he clearly isn't a good player.

I get tired of the broadcasters making excuses for Larry Hughes, and Mike Brown continuing to play him, even when he's just awful.

Most of all I'm tired of all the overpaid bums we have on our roster.

Mathius

I know exactly what seating area you are talking about. I went to a Cavs/Heat game in 2001 and sat right behind the basket. We got our seats off of a scalper for $40. Good luck doing that these days! Got to listen to Pat Riley cuss up a storm the whole game, and was even witness to some great Alonzo Mourning temper tantrums
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
Legend
I hit open layups

i dont go to games. Im from Grenada (Caribbean Island)
But i watch all i can see on t v
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:03 AM   #5
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

For some reason the first time I read that, I thought you only asked what I dislike, so let me list a few things I do like about it...

The pyrotechnics on the scoreboard are cool, even though they've caused some delays in games last season. The new scoreboard is nice, and I kind've like the fact that they put the differential on there, so you don't even have to think about it.

I like the mascot, and it's nice that they do some kind of promotional giveaway on just about every dead ball.

A couple of things I just thought about that I also dislike...

I can't stand that clapper drum-like thing that our mascot uses. If you're anywhere near the section where he's at, it's really loud and obnoxious.

I absolutely hate our dance team. Why do we need one? I want to see the cheerleaders hot asses when I go to a game, not some stupid dance team.

Also, it's been a while since I've been to a game, but I wish the scoreboard had a bit more statistical data for the guys on the court. I think they list points and rebounds, but assists are missing? Seems like they should at least have the big offensive 3 up there.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: