Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,349
Default Three steps ahead, three steps back.....

Today's game was a drag.....

It looks like Curry is regressing. It's not a good way to start a road trip. The Knicks have better talent than the Clippers.

I turned it off, it was painful to watch.

Zeke is going to lose his job if he doesn't do something.

He is doing something that is wrong and he's too stubborn to do what he should.

His rotation is all wrong. I do not pretend to know nearly as much as him about basketball, he is a master I am a grasshopper(for those who don't know it's reference to a show called Kung Fu.)

BUT........

Curry just wants to stand there and put the little ball in the little basket. It seems he has a short attention span and forgets how to rebound, clog the lane and pass to name a few things. He refuses to get off the floor on a consistent basis. It looks like his feet are glued to the floor!!!!!

No blocked shots, guys around his height or taller blocking his shots and never ever going up for a rebound. I was starting to believe in him and he just pissed me off with his play, bottom line is I think he's lazy.

He needs to have a message sent and be benched.

James is playing again over Cato and that is another mistake.

Jefferies is starting, he can't score!!!!! He's a specialist and Zeke is trying to make him a starter. Wrong, wrong, wrong unless he moves to the SF or PF with Frye and Lee in there.

He is not starting David Lee, no excuse this guy should start he's a game in and out double double and hustles ever minute he's in there.

Frye is a very good player with tremendous upside and is being held back because of Curry. He can shoot and rebound and plays defense with intensity. Yes he's raw in many ways but he puts out the effort. He has a sweet jumper and should be told to let it fly while Lee and Jefferies plays around the basket.

Balkman is playing too many minutes right now with the wrong mixture. He's not a scorer and has to play in a different rotation. If Crawford is not in there he should not be too right now until Nate is back.

They do miss Q but you have to work around that.

I would start this lineup right now:

Marbury PG
Crawford SG
Jefferies SF
Lee PF
Frye C

This team will run more and not rely on a very inconsistent player in Curry.

The problem is like I have stated before Isiah is playing contracts and not people. He comes up with reasons to play certain players but the reality of it is that he has to justify his trades and signings. This will be his undoing.......

It's short sighted, he needs to win not justify his past work and hope he was right. That's just plan being stubborn. He could be sabotaging himself because in reality he wants out but will never resign. If this continues he won't have to....
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life
 
Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,642
Default

Not for nothin' but I'd start Collins over Crawford. Jefferies would NEVER start for me. Curry, Frye, Lee, Collins, Marbury. Collins played like a new man yesterday.

The Knicks will be swept in this West Coast Trip.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,198
Default

sacramento, portland,seattle all wins.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
MetsPackers
new based god
 
MetsPackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,864
Default

Right now I would be starting David Lee. When he was in the starting lineup we won a bunch of games. Since he's been out, we've been back to losing. He just seems to make the offense flow well, and helps the team win.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 271
Default I agree

I agree with everyone so far(maybe startin collins is a stretch) but i like him as a young core we have... I think we should trade Eddy and Jeffries for a shot blocker and expired contracts.

What do you guys think?
This will allow Lee and frye play at the 3 and 4. Lee would be a better perimeter defender if we had a shot blocker in the middle(like Samuel Dalembert). Lee can guide players well and can send them to a shot blocker or 2 on frye...Lee would also score cuz we can run plays for him on the block against smaller 3's and let Frye come off curls and run SOME plays on the post. Frye would be able to score in a variety of ways and be a 4 that runs off curls and posts up, definite 18 pts a game.

Lee could average 12 pts and 13 rebs against 3's in the league.

The thing u guys said about CATO is correct, malik and jerome should never see time. Cato is better then both of them and fit the team better.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,349
Default

Thank you, I'm glad other people see the things I do.

Some times I wonder if these guys are so caught up in the politics and pit falls of the business they miss the obvious.

You need Crawford in there until Q and Nate gets back because he is the only player who can get in a groove and bomb away. Nobody else has a consistent jumper and 3 point shot. Although he is streaky.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:33 AM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life
 
Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
I agree with everyone so far(maybe startin collins is a stretch) but i like him as a young core we have... I think we should trade Eddy and Jeffries for a shot blocker and expired contracts.

What do you guys think?
This will allow Lee and frye play at the 3 and 4. Lee would be a better perimeter defender if we had a shot blocker in the middle(like Samuel Dalembert). Lee can guide players well and can send them to a shot blocker or 2 on frye...Lee would also score cuz we can run plays for him on the block against smaller 3's and let Frye come off curls and run SOME plays on the post. Frye would be able to score in a variety of ways and be a 4 that runs off curls and posts up, definite 18 pts a game.

Lee could average 12 pts and 13 rebs against 3's in the league.

The thing u guys said about CATO is correct, malik and jerome should never see time. Cato is better then both of them and fit the team better.

Don Che, is that short for Don Che Guevara or Don Chezina? Just kidding.

Anyway, I agree with you the whole way. The trade with Eddy and Jefferies for expired contracts and a blocker would be awesome. I think it would really work. I'd like to get Mourning. Some experience in the middle would get us REALLY far. He is a proven blocker as well. Very savvy. I Darko Milicic was given more minutes he would be a pretty good fit as well. They would be flexible on the floor position wise. They would all be quick and agile. Milicic, Frye, Lee, Crawford and Marbury. They could guard the perimeter and the paint. Milicic can make the occasional three. I just think that a trade would shake the team up and make them better. Has to be a defensive minded player though. I think it would work. Cato over James anyday.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:49 AM   #8
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 271
Default Lee for President!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Don Che, is that short for Don Che Guevara or Don Chezina? Just kidding.

Anyway, I agree with you the whole way. The trade with Eddy and Jefferies for expired contracts and a blocker would be awesome. I think it would really work. I'd like to get Mourning. Some experience in the middle would get us REALLY far. He is a proven blocker as well. Very savvy. I Darko Milicic was given more minutes he would be a pretty good fit as well. They would be flexible on the floor position wise. They would all be quick and agile. Milicic, Frye, Lee, Crawford and Marbury. They could guard the perimeter and the paint. Milicic can make the occasional three. I just think that a trade would shake the team up and make them better. Has to be a defensive minded player though. I think it would work. Cato over James anyday.


Lol yeh Che Guevara

I know Milicic is up there in blocks but is he a good low post defender(like kurt thomas)? im not sure i havent seen him since detroit cuz i think we can get him for Eddy/Jeffries but Zeke would have to get rid of a lot of pride b4 he makes that move. I would even take grant hills contract to get rid of it. Orlando should love it with Eddy/Howard/Jeffries as a front line. Is Darko big enough to play center everyday?
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:04 AM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
sacramento, portland,seattle all wins.

hopefully, i agree though.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #10
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life
 
Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
Lol yeh Che Guevara

I know Milicic is up there in blocks but is he a good low post defender(like kurt thomas)? im not sure i havent seen him since detroit cuz i think we can get him for Eddy/Jeffries but Zeke would have to get rid of a lot of pride b4 he makes that move. I would even take grant hills contract to get rid of it. Orlando should love it with Eddy/Howard/Jeffries as a front line. Is Darko big enough to play center everyday?

That's what I like about what is left for the Knicks if it were to happen. Milicic, Frye and Lee could defend ANY center in the NBA. Meaning that they would rotate defensively and help each other greatly. Like Laimbeer, Rodman and Aguirre. They were undersized but when the all worked in unison they were something beautiful to watch on the court. Defense is played with the feet not with the hands. When you play defense with the hands you get lazy on the feet. Clyde Frazier comments on it all the time. That's how Rose gets called charges in his favor. Rodman was the man doing that as well. It'll be a mobile defense down low and on the offensive side they would open the opposing defense WIDE open, WIDE. Milicic being a three point threat and Frye also being able to hit the long jumper and the once in a while three pointer and Lee developing his shot they would be unstoppable with a point guard who could penetrate and dish it out to one of them. The point guard attracts the D and those big guys out of the paint or in it would be a big threat. It's nice to dream out loud, huh.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy