Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 03-06-2007, 02:26 AM   #1
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Default JJ Reddicks Role

I know JJ Reddick has been the 9th/10th man on the team this year, but what do you think his role will be the team next year, i think he can either be a starting 2 or a Sixth Man, depending on wether or not Grant Hill stays.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:29 AM   #2
JMEWLS

Default Re: JJ Reddicks Role

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
I know JJ Reddick has been the 9th/10th man on the team this year, but what do you think his role will be the team next year, i think he can either be a starting 2 or a Sixth Man, depending on wether or not Grant Hill stays.
JJ's role will probably be that 6th or 7th man. He wont be starting, because i see us signing a starting SG or SF in the free agency. Also Grant Hill im 99% sure will resign, so it'll be him and the FA starting. With Ariza and JJ coming off the bench, which will give us some firepower off the bench.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:48 AM   #3
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
JJ's role will probably be that 6th or 7th man. He wont be starting, because i see us signing a starting SG or SF in the free agency. Also Grant Hill im 99% sure will resign, so it'll be him and the FA starting. With Ariza and JJ coming off the bench, which will give us some firepower off the bench.

I agree, i'd really liketo see Ariza starting anyway, but i think JJ's shooting will be a great thing to have off the bench..
Old 03-06-2007, 05:54 AM   #4
JMEWLS

Quote:
I agree, i'd really liketo see Ariza starting anyway, but i think JJ's shooting will be a great thing to have off the bench..
I too, would also like to see Ariza start. But lets be reasonable, we will most probably be signing a name bigger then Ariza. Knowing Brian Hill, he would keep Ariza on the bench anyway.

JJ's role i think will improve in the next few seasons, he's our best perimeter shooter and thats something we really lack in games; 3point shots. I'm thinking big for him, something along the lines of a "poormans" Ben Gordon.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:41 AM   #5
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Quote:
I too, would also like to see Ariza start. But lets be reasonable, we will most probably be signing a name bigger then Ariza. Knowing Brian Hill, he would keep Ariza on the bench anyway.

JJ's role i think will improve in the next few seasons, he's our best perimeter shooter and thats something we really lack in games; 3point shots. I'm thinking big for him, something along the lines of a "poormans" Ben Gordon.

Yeah probaly, other than Lewis and Carter who else would be able to pick?

I think that JJ will continue to improve and maybe even be considered for a sixth man award in a couple years, bcoz everyone knows he can score points, and i'd love to see him winning some kind of award.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:55 AM   #6
JMEWLS

Quote:
Yeah probaly, other than Lewis and Carter who else would be able to pick?

I think that JJ will continue to improve and maybe even be considered for a sixth man award in a couple years, bcoz everyone knows he can score points, and i'd love to see him winning some kind of award.
Sixth man, surprisingly is something i think he could very well reach. Everyone knows he can shoot, but my question is. Could he become a solid passer too? He's lacking in size, and athletism so he may not be able to defend some SG's in the league.

I personally wouldn't mind trying him at PG.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:07 AM   #7
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Sixth man, surprisingly is something i think he could very well reach. Everyone knows he can shoot, but my question is. Could he become a solid passer too? He's lacking in size, and athletism so he may not be able to defend some SG's in the league.

I personally wouldn't mind trying him at PG.

I think he's to slow to play PG, and just doesn't seem to have what it takes i think, but i could see him become a Barbosa type player without the speed, you know?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
JMEWLS

Quote:
I think he's to slow to play PG, and just doesn't seem to have what it takes i think, but i could see him become a Barbosa type player without the speed, you know?
yeah i could see that to, i think he can already dribble to ball. I just had the thought of putting him at PG because he's really undersized for a SG. The shooting games already there, but im not sure if he has the passing game to back it all up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: