Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Would Jordan have won with this Wade as his Pippen?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Which one of the Bulls outside of Jordan could create their own shot off the dribble consistently?

That wasn't Pippen's game at all.

That's why Jordan had to score like 20 straight points at the end of game 6 in Phoenix before someone else (Paxson) finally did something.

That's why Jordan couldn't rest in the "flu game", because Pippen freaking couldn't carry Jordan for even one game even though he badly needed it.

Or finishing Utah in '98 when Scottie was hobbled.

Honestly Utah should have at least one title, basically Jordan single handedly denied it from happening.

Pippen's a great player and well deserving HOF, but if you're talking pure talent, Wade and even Bosh are right up there and probably superior in certain aspects.

The Bulls were never an All-Star team of talent. They just played well as a group and Jordan had the ability to lift the team on his own back during critical stretches to seal the deal for multiple titles.
    Lol regardless of what you think. The Bulls will have 3 hofers outside of Jordan. Pippen, Rodman, and Kukoc. And dont think for a minute that Kukoc doesnt reach a few allstar games if he hadnt spent his prime winning championships with the Bulls. Or that he wouldnt be regarded like Bosh was in Toronto.

To say or imply that Jordan carried the Bulls or better yet won with no help is assinine to say the least. Especially when we saw what they could do without Jordan in 94. We saw that they could win with Jordans offense failing him like it did in 96.

You have a template for how well the Bulls would do without Jordan and yet you dont want to admit it.

How well did Bosh do without his James?

Granted Wade did win a championship, but lets be honest, he was gifted that championship. And he had the best center in the league in shaq. Hell there werent many centers if any that Id take over Mourning. And he came off the bench. What has he done in his eigth years leading the Heat?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Lol regardless of what you think. The Bulls will have 3 hofers outside of Jordan. Pippen, Rodman, and Kukoc. And dont think for a minute that Kukoc doesnt reach a few allstar games if he hadnt spent his prime winning championships with the Bulls. Or that he wouldnt be regarded like Bosh was in Toronto.

To say or imply that Jordan carried the Bulls or better yet won with no help is assinine to say the least. Especially when we saw what they could do without Jordan in 94. We saw that they could win with Jordans offense failing him like it did in 96.

You have a template for how well the Bulls would do without Jordan and yet you dont want to admit it.

How well did Bosh do without his James?

Granted Wade did win a championship, but lets be honest, he was gifted that championship. And he had the best center in the league in shaq. Hell there werent many centers if any that Id take over Mourning. And he came off the bench. What has he done in his eigth years leading the Heat?
    Jordan won the scoring title in '96. Just like every other year, lol. I'm pretty sure he scored just fine that season.

Chris Bosh is a better player than Toni Kukoc (sorry Toni).

Bosh is a legit 24-25 ppg/10 rpg player on any normal team in the NBA. He's far more offensively talented than any big Jordan ever played with.

And Wade is a better pure scorer than Scottie. I don't think you can deny that. He is simply more dangerous offensively period. Particularly in a half-court offensive set.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    Wade blocking shots in key moments, and playing damn good defense, please quit trying to make Pippen better than he actually was
    Its no different than saying or acting as if Pippen didnt score. But youre a Jordanite so I expect nothing more from you.

Jordan won the scoring title in '96. Just like every other year, lol. I'm pretty sure he scored just fine that season.

Chris Bosh is a better player than Toni Kukoc (sorry Toni).

Bosh is a legit 24-25 ppg/10 rpg player on any normal team in the NBA. He's far more offensively talented than any big Jordan ever played with.

And Wade is a better pure scorer than Scottie. I don't think you can deny that. He is simply more dangerous offensively period. Particularly in a half-court offensive set.
    And with what result. For all this scoring that you put such a premium on, Bosh led team went nowhere. In the one year Kukoc led the Bulls, with Brent Barry and an old Ron Harper as his wingmen, he did just as well as Bosh leading the Raptors.

And wade get nowhere near that championship with out arguably two of the top 10are centers in 06.

Dont kid yourself.

Jordan would've won this with Shannon Brown as his Pippen...

in 4 games

NBA rookie of the year

And with what result. For all this scoring that you put such a premium on, Bosh led team went nowhere. In the one year Kukoc led the Bulls, with Brent Barry and an old Ron Harper as his wingmen, he did just as well as Bosh leading the Raptors.

And wade get nowhere near that championship with out arguably two of the top 10are centers in 06.

Dont kid yourself.
    Wade and Bosh are both top 15 players in the league too. Wade is top 5.

Both can create their own offence basically at will if they want to.

Don't kid yourself either.

Jordan with those two plus another good all-around role player/defensive stopper like Battier would win several titles together.

Banned

97 Bulls can't decide whose nuts he wants to ride harder; LeBron's or Jordan's.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    97 Bulls can't decide whose nuts he wants to ride harder; LeBron's or Jordan's.
    97 Bulls has been pretty critical of Lebron in the past. And he defends Pippen a ton.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Its no different than saying or acting as if Pippen didnt score. But youre a Jordanite so I expect nothing more from you.
    LMAO, Pippen is one of my favorite players, but you are on a mission to get this guy in the Top 10-15 players of all time... he is what he is, a great compliment to the style MJ played....which formed a dynamic perimeter duo. He is not as deadly as Wade on offense, deal with it.

Wade and Bosh are both top 15 players in the league too. Wade is top 5.

Both can create their own offence basically at will if they want to.

Don't kid yourself either.

Jordan with those two plus another good all-around role player/defensive stopper like Battier would win several titles together.
    This isnt saying much. Theres alot of great players that would win if they were in the same situation. Im not really arguing this opinion.

I take exception to the constant degrading of the Bulls in general outside of Jordan. As if he had to drag the Bulls year in and out.

Pippen is definately better overall than this Wade. Wade is better offensively (because you can't breathe on him), but Pippen would destroy Durant on defense.

Edit: can you guys imagine LeBron and Pippen on D? My god that would be a joy to watch. Chalmers-LeBron-Pippen-Battier would be the greatest perimiter defensive rotation in NBA history.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Pippen shot 44% in the playoffs for his career. Pippen shot 39% in the 96 playoffs, Pippen shot 41% in the 97 and 98 playoffs

Wade is averaging 23/5/4 on 46% FG. This would be better production than Pippen provided.

Not to mention can Lebron win a title without playing with someone who got it done as the man already?
    Last edited by pierce2008mvp; 06-20-2012 at 07:11 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

This isnt saying much. Theres alot of great players that would win if they were in the same situation. Im not really arguing this opinion.

I take exception to the constant degrading of the Bulls in general outside of Jordan. As if he had to drag the Bulls year in and out.
    I'm not sure why you get that upset when people point out the Bulls weren't exactly an All-Star team.

They never were.

They were never like the Lakers or Celtics of the 80s in that respect.

Just a bunch of hardworking guys who knew their roles with some great athletic high end between Jordan and Pippen. A defence that would keep them in most games. And then if the game/series was close, Jordan would more often than not finish it.

But never was Jordan in a situation really like Magic or something where could look down the bench and legitimately say "you know this guy could score 20 tonight, and so could this guy, and that guy too".

That is revisionist as well.

The Bulls were basically the perfect role player team.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    LMAO, Pippen is one of my favorite players, but you are on a mission to get this guy in the Top 10-15 players of all time... he is what he is, a great compliment to the style MJ played....which formed a dynamic perimeter duo. He is not as deadly as Wade on offense, deal with it.
    I cant argue with anything you just posted.

I just take the stance that if winning is what were interessted in, then i dont see much of a difference between wade/pippen or bosh/kukoc. And we havnt even brought up rodman.

I disgaree with the notion that comparing players is as easy as looking at who the better scorer is. Not offensive player mind you. Just scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Pippen is definately better overall than this Wade. Wade is better offensively (because you can't breathe on him), but Pippen would destroy Durant on defense.

Edit: can you guys imagine LeBron and Pippen on D? My god that would be a joy to watch. Chalmers-LeBron-Pippen-Battier would be the greatest perimiter defensive rotation in NBA history.
    Harper, Jordan, Pippen, Brown, and BueBrown. Were nothing to sneeze at.