Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Is Blake Griffin Really that good?

Quote Originally Posted by notatop29pg
    Personally i think he is just another dumb uber athlete.

However... develop a mid range J and its game over for the league imo. There isnt a pg in the league that is going to "improve" Blake Griffin, he needs to take it on himself. Layoff the benchpress and start working on the jumper, 2 seasons and it hasnt changed, no excuses for that.

whats Rondo going to do? Its not nba 2k13 so his passes arent going to increase blakes shots in rhythm success rate by 20%.
    He doesn't need a point guard to improve his game he needs a point guard that will allow to play his game. Blake is not getting his proper rhythm by playing with so many ball handlers which is causing him to lose focus. Blake is not dumb before coming to the NBA one of his best qualities was supposed to be his BBIQ. His decision making has gotten worse but not because he's a dumb player its the same reason Wades shot selection and decision making has gotten worse. Blakes shot did improve last year shot 4% better from mid range attempted more shots even though had less fga and was assisted on less.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    He doesn't need a point guard to improve his game he needs a point guard that will allow to play his game. Blake is not getting his proper rhythm by playing with so many ball handlers which is causing him to lose focus. Blake is not dumb before coming to the NBA one of his best qualities was supposed to be his BBIQ. His decision making has gotten worse but not because he's a dumb player its the same reason Wades shot selection and decision making has gotten worse. Blakes shot did improve last year shot 4% better from mid range attempted more shots even though had less fga and was assisted on less.
    What exactly is "his game" though? We all know he can catch a lob and has above average handles, but now his defenders are just going to sag off him and guard the rim because he isnt a reliable threat outside of 8 feet.

His post ups are okay when he doesnt think he has horns, and CP3 hands him the ball in post ups for pretty much the 1st half of most games. everybody says they need to run, but you cant get out and run when youre 15 foot from the rim chasing blocks while letting the opposition get 2nd chances over and over again.

I'm not trying to bash the guy... as id love to see the Clippers win a ring, but at some point these guys have got to stop playing like they are owed something. Once Blake is dangerous from mid range.. these guys will be nasty. Until then, they are going to win and loose games according to whether CP3, Butler and Crawfords jumpers are falling and DJ is boxing out properly.

@ the Clippers being better going through Flake Flippin

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Been saying all along that Blake Griffin is the most overrated player in the NBA in terms of impact.

Blake Griffin is a great player and probably has more upside than any PF in the league. I hate to say this because I love both Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge, but it's the truth...if anything, Aldridge with his touch (think Karl Malone getting older) and Kevin Love's...Kevin Loveness...these are the 3 best guys going forward. If Anthony Davis is a 4, then of course him too.

Blake Griffin has great ball-handling ability, has much more ability and potential in the post than people pretend, can pass the ball, and is just freakin good. Shawn Kemp was great, but Blake Griffin will absolutely pass him.

Quote Originally Posted by notatop29pg
    What exactly is "his game" though? We all know he can catch a lob and has above average handles, but now his defenders are just going to sag off him and guard the rim because he isnt a reliable threat outside of 8 feet.

His post ups are okay when he doesnt think he has horns, and CP3 hands him the ball in post ups for pretty much the 1st half of most games. everybody says they need to run, but you cant get out and run when youre 15 foot from the rim chasing blocks while letting the opposition get 2nd chances over and over again.

I'm not trying to bash the guy... as id love to see the Clippers win a ring, but at some point these guys have got to stop playing like they are owed something. Once Blake is dangerous from mid range.. these guys will be nasty. Until then, they are going to win and loose games according to whether CP3, Butler and Crawfords jumpers are falling and DJ is boxing out properly.
    He needs more time to create his own offence if he gets more time to just play with the ball he'll be more in rhythm. Blake is not good as an off the ball player he's not a consistent shooter he's not good at pick and roll and he does not have the length to do quick turnarounds or hooks.

Isn't kinda weird that former ROYs like Blake and Evans are actually regressing? I would have bet that Evans would have been on the level of DWade by now, and Blake a 25-12-5 player.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    He needs more time to create his own offence if he gets more time to just play with the ball he'll be more in rhythm. Blake is not good as an off the ball player he's not a consistent shooter he's not good at pick and roll and he does not have the length to do quick turnarounds or hooks.
    You're spot on as usual when it comes to the Clips. Respect for knowing your shit.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

The Chris Paul system that's being run doesn't suit Blake Griffin at all. The game needs a little more pace and he needs more plays run through him and more touches otherwise his talent is wasted.

He is an impact player, just not as much in this system. And if you want to point out the Clippers crappy record in his first season just take a look at the roster he was playing with. Him and EJ started to get rolling too before EJ got injured.

He's not putting up less stats because the team is good, he's putting up less stats because of how the system has changed and is not allowing him to be Blake Griffin any more.

The Chris Paul trade is looking more and more like a mistake for Blake Griffin's development.

BG is a really good player and one of the top PFs in the league. The problem is some like to act like he is one of the elite players of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    BG is a really good player and one of the top PFs in the league. The problem is some like to act like he is one of the elite players of the league.
    I always thought he was mentally special in terms of confidence, attitude and focus but that's his problem right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I always thought he was mentally special in terms of confidence, attitude and focus but that's his problem right now.
    Stop blaming CP3 for Blake's faults, too It's ridiculous how ungrateful you have become towards Chris "Top 4 player in the NBA" Paul

still think blake is good...just some guys around him bring his game down

one guy mentions crawford... i can see how great it is seeing a guy off the bench score so many points, but crawford takes away from the other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Stop blaming CP3 for Blake's faults, too It's ridiculous how ungrateful you have become towards Chris "Top 4 player in the NBA" Paul
    I don't think you understand because you haven't watched every single game like I have. CP3 is incredible and IS a top 5 player and the Clippers best player. Doesn't mean he's not hurting Griffin's development because it's clear as hell to see that he is. Like I said Griffin isn't good enough right now to where you can dribble around in circles for 20 seconds and give him the ball with 4 seconds left and expect him to do something. He's a rhythm player as Ikill said who needs a few seconds to set up and go into a move.

The numbers absolutely support the claim that CP3 hasn't been as good for Griffin as previously predicted and beyond the numbers I've said it since early last season. Baron was looking for Griffin nonstop in the paint where as CP3 treats Blake like a 4th option and would pass to Crawford, Billups, Butler, DJ etc before Griffin which is wrong.

CP3 promised two things this year.

1. He would push the tempo.

2. He would feed Blake more and get him involved more.

He's absolutely pushing the tempo as the Clippers are top 10 right now after being 28th last year. He's doing a terrible job getting Blake in good positions though and is hardly running PNR at all. It's CP3's job as the best PG on the team, the team's leader and the primary ballhandler to get Griffin touches and get him going every single game.

Like I said... Rondo would turn Griffin into a 25+ ppg player right away I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I don't think you understand because you haven't watched every single game like I have. CP3 is incredible and IS a top 5 player and the Clippers best player. Doesn't mean he's not hurting Griffin's development because it's clear as hell to see that he is. Like I said Griffin isn't good enough right now to where you can dribble around in circles for 20 seconds and give him the ball with 4 seconds left and expect him to do something. He's a rhythm player as Ikill said who needs a few seconds to set up and go into a move.

The numbers absolutely support the claim that CP3 hasn't been as good for Griffin as previously predicted and beyond the numbers I've said it since early last season. Baron was looking for Griffin nonstop in the paint where as CP3 treats Blake like a 4th option and would pass to Crawford, Billups, Butler, DJ etc before Griffin which is wrong.

CP3 promised two things this year.

1. He would push the tempo.

2. He would feed Blake more and get him involved more.

He's absolutely pushing the tempo as the Clippers are top 10 right now after being 28th last year. He's doing a terrible job getting Blake in good positions though and is hardly running PNR at all. It's CP3's job as the best PG on the team, the team's leader and the primary ballhandler to get Griffin touches and get him going every single game.

Like I said... Rondo would turn Griffin into a 25+ ppg player right away I believe.
    Rondo can't get the Celtics offense out of the crapper, what makes you think he'd make the Clippers better? And did you ever think of the fact that a team isn't going anywhere with Griffin scoring 25 PPG? CP3 uses Blake as he sees fit, I would assume, he obviously doesn't think Blake is good enough to receive more touches.