Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Nate Robinson's Son is a BEAST

I didn't know there was a single place on the internet, that wasn't European in majority, that disliked football this much.

1) Yes, the parents (mainly Nate Robinson) acted like a retard. Yes, he should have just hit his son with a good job and not acted like a monkey. But it's his kid, his kid just had the "highlight" of the whole practice, he got carried away. As someone said, have any of you watched a soccer game of the same aged kids? Moms go insane everytime their kid touches the ball.

2) It's football, the parents signed their kid up for football. If you don't like 6 year olds playing football, don't sign them up, but there are plenty of people that do. When I was 6 I would have loved to play tackle football instead of flag. I'm sure the majority of kids out there are not against playing or they wouldn't be there either.

3) His tackling form was poor, but how are you going to teach a 6 year old kid to lead with his shoulder, keep his head up while bending down, and wrap up. You're doing good if a 6 year old remember ONE of thos things, let alone doing it while running at full speed.

4) The tackling drill, if that team doesnt do it, when they play a game against another team who has done it, guess who will have a kid laying on their back every single time. I remember playing football my first year, I was 9 years old playing against 11 and 12 year olds. My first contact practice had me running up to guys, trying to hug them and throw them down. Shortly I realized (after getting run over multiple times) that it won't work if someone else isn't going to slow down for me so they don't hurt me. At 9 years old, and the whole team of 11 and 12 year olds, no one learned proper tackling form like you see in college/NFL or even some highschools. It's not an easy skill to learn.

In popwarner/peewee/whatever you're kids league is called, there are two kinds of players. The kid that plays like the nice little kid that wants to gently grab someone or push someone and the kid that is actually playing football. I'm sorry, but go out and try to be the former at any age group, if you have any self respect or are competitive even the smallest bit you will no longer be the former.

5) Someone said sport at that age aren't for keeping score/playing just for having fun. I completely beg to differ, I hated the fact that no one won or did better when I was young in sports. So much in fact, that after each game in any sport I ran over to my grandpa who kept scores and stats of everything he could. Shortly after I started this, my WHOLE team in every sport did the same. Even after a while a few kids I knew from other teams would join. Sports without a score/competitiveness is no longer a sport, it's an activity and there is place for such, just not at the same place and time as a sport.

6) None of this means that Nate Robinson was correct, the whole post was for the anti football comments ITT. Nate needs to teach his kid good sportsmanship and in that aspect he is failing as a parent, as is the ghetto looking coach.

Banned

It's not so much of the game of football because that's a whole new different topic because I think kids shouldn't be playing it at a young age.

It's more of good or bad parenting. Obviously these guys that are jumping up and down like monkeys shouldn't be teaching young kids how to play football because of how they are acting. It's in bad taste and bad parenting to cheer for a hit like that when the kid is their hurt.

You can say that the parents should know what they are getting their kids into but you don't cheer for a kid getting hurt. The son looked shocked at times and probably was scared that the other kid was laying there hurt.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Its in bad taste to cheer at any age when a playes down injured... nevermind a 6 year old in training.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Such wonderful tackling technique they are teaching him, oh wait.

no big deal. that's how black people behave...

Quote Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
    3) His tackling form was poor, but how are you going to teach a 6 year old kid to lead with his shoulder, keep his head up while bending down, and wrap up. You're doing good if a 6 year old remember ONE of thos things, let alone doing it while running at full speed.
    How are you going to teach a 6 year old a proper tackle? The same way you teach them anything else. By attempting step by step to show them and KEEP showing them til they get it right; they have YEARS to practice it. Don't have your son run neck first into another kid full force. Everyone knows football "Padding" and Helmets are a joke and only do enough good to keep your head from cracking on someone else's head.

A grown mans brain is literally like Jell-o sitting inside a bone case. Grown men get concussions regularly in contact sport. A 6 year olds brain is like Silly putty inside bone that isn't even fully developed yet.

These kids are knocking their IQ's straight out their brains. And slowing their body development. 6 year olds only focus in any sport should be fundamental technique, rules, teamwork, and nutrition to grow strong enough to be able to do all those things later on. lol

But it's not my son lmao. They're just making it easier for my kids to dominate them

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Tking714
    How are you going to teach a 6 year old a proper tackle? The same way you teach them anything else. By attempting step by step to show them and KEEP showing them til they get it right; they have YEARS to practice it. Don't have your son run neck first into another kid full force. Everyone knows football "Padding" and Helmets are a joke and only do enough good to keep your head from cracking on someone else's head.

A grown mans brain is literally like Jell-o sitting inside a bone case. Grown men get concussions regularly in contact sport. A 6 year olds brain is like Silly putty inside bone that isn't even fully developed yet.

These kids are knocking their IQ's straight out their brains. And slowing their body development. 6 year olds only focus in any sport should be fundamental technique, rules, teamwork, and nutrition to grow strong enough to be able to do all those things later on. lol

But it's not my son lmao. They're just making it easier for my kids to dominate them
    If you can teach your son proper tackling technique, and I mean proper, then he is smarter than the majority of football players below the level of D1 football...

It would ungodly hard to teach a 6 year old proper tackling form, not that you shouldn't try but it's near impossible.

Using this situation, you're going to say "Good hit but next time do ...." and kid will be just look at you dumbfounded because he just did good. You can try reasoning and tell him why, but again in his mind he just did good.

Quote Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
    If you can teach your son proper tackling technique, and I mean proper, then he is smarter than the majority of football players below the level of D1 football...

It would ungodly hard to teach a 6 year old proper tackling form, not that you shouldn't try but it's near impossible.

Using this situation, you're going to say "Good hit but next time do ...." and kid will be just look at you dumbfounded because he just did good. You can try reasoning and tell him why, but again in his mind he just did good.
    Yea true. You run into that problem a lot with young athletes though. Even in simple things like shooting form. You tell them something and they don't get it, but you keep telling them until it beats into their head year after year. He's gonna keep doing it wrong, but you want him to at least know in his head "Hey I got it, but I gotta work on it because Dad/Coach doesn't like it enough"

Eventually that 6 year old that couldn't shoot or tackle properly puts it all together when he's 12. He takes that fundamental he has and he becomes the biggest hitter on the squad, or the kid with the longest range on his jumper.

If you look the first tackle attempt was decent, he wrapped him up and led with his shoulder. He got pushed off because he didn't drive through with his knee. You can't expect a kid to know about leverage and the power that their lower body has. A good coach would take that first hit and be like "Ok good. Again. Again. Again. Now try to do so and so with your knee." Lol

Nate was just like "f*** it run at him full force" His son goes head first two times into that other kid. Now he thinks that's option 1 on how you tackle. And wrapping up/leading with your shoulder is option 2.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Tking714
    Yea true. You run into that problem a lot with young athletes though. Even in simple things like shooting form. You tell them something and they don't get it, but you keep telling them until it beats into their head year after year. He's gonna keep doing it wrong, but you want him to at least know in his head "Hey I got it, but I gotta work on it because Dad/Coach doesn't like it enough"

Eventually that 6 year old that couldn't shoot or tackle properly puts it all together when he's 12. He takes that fundamental he has and he becomes the biggest hitter on the squad, or the kid with the longest range on his jumper.

If you look the first tackle attempt was decent, he wrapped him up and led with his shoulder. He got pushed off because he didn't drive through with his knee. You can't expect a kid to know about leverage and the power that their lower body has. A good coach would take that first hit and be like "Ok good. Again. Again. Again. Now try to do so and so with your knee." Lol

Nate was just like "f*** it run at him full force" His son goes head first two times into that other kid. Now he thinks that's option 1 on how you tackle. And wrapping up/leading with your shoulder is option 2.

Agreed on all of this. The parenting/coaching in the video was horrible.

Hopefully the kid doesn't connect the two.

Not to mention how much of a retard Nate is about football. Cheering the first hit which was helmet to helmet contact then letting your son lead with his head to tackle another kid on the next play. 6 yr old tackling with his head and you not even explaining the right way to do it? Nates parenting

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    flat-out awful parenting

THIS

If I was the Dad of that other kid I'd smack the f*ck out of lil Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    maybe it has something to do with mankind being smarter and more aware now, than ever before
    the common man has always been dumb in comparison to the elite's of their era.

I also wanted people to take note of the subversive racism in this thread. Nate isbeing described as thug,ghetto,monkeyetc.. might as well stop using code words and say what you really want to say.

He went crazy over his kids tackle no doubt, but I really have to question the sports credentials of ISH if they haven't seen this type of behavior before. It happens all the time. That's what happens in sports, people overreact to plays. We've all seen it before, imagine how you would react if your kid was the one out there laying some wood and getting better at his respective sport.

I will try to tell Nate to do a golf clap over next time via twitter so that you dolts can be satisfied with the way he supports his kid's athletic endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    imagine how you would react if your kid was the one out there laying some wood and getting better at his respective sport.
    I would be concerned for the six year old lying on the ground first and foremost, as would any responsible adult.

Banned

Holy shit, this guy is an ape. Laughing about hurting a 6 year old.