Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    An Icon Forever

Default Re: Dropping Out of College?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    When Berry Gordy first met Smokey Robinson in 1957, Berry Gordy was then known as a hit songwriter this was pre-Motown, he had written Jackie Wilson's first few hits. Smokey had a book of songs, hundreds and gave it to Berry and told Berry to get back in touch with him. He hated every song but one, he said they were all terrible except this one. That one told a story and his other songs were all over the place. What Gordy did like was his love for songwriting. To write hundreds of songs, you have to love the art. He worked with Smokey on his songwriting approach, started Motown (or Tamla at that time) with Smokey about a year and a half later.

The Miracles: A Fork In The Road

Gotta hand it to you, I feel you really know your shit when it comes to music!

I was wondering what type of career do you have? Also, sort of off topic, but what do you think about Frank Sinatra as a singer, performer, etc?

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

I thought dude wants to be an actor, why the fvck you all give him music related stuff?

edit: checked the OP/ my bad. No way youre making in music with nothing.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    I thought dude wants to be an actor, why the fvck you all give him music related stuff?

I said acting and singing from my op.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    I was wondering what type of career do you have?
    lol this should be good.

Gotta hand it to you, I feel you really know your shit when it comes to music!

I was wondering what type of career do you have? Also, sort of off topic, but what do you think about Frank Sinatra as a singer, performer, etc?
    I'm still taking classes right now (see don't drop out.) I work for a judge. Career goal is similar to yours, to be in the music industry. I write, produce, play and am currently in the process of stating a publishing company.

Frank Sinatra is a great singer, has a great voice though I don't really get into his music.

#ace23

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I'm still taking classes right now (see don't drop out.) I work for a judge. Career goal is similar to yours, to be in the music industry. I write, produce, play and am currently in the process of stating a publishing company.

Frank Sinatra is a great singer, has a great voice though I don't really get into his music.

#ace23

That's awesome. Good luck man!

Maybe we can work together on something if I ever get good/it becomes something I am passionate about? What do you think?

Maybe we can work together on something if I ever get good/it becomes something I am passionate about? What do you think?
    Go start taking piano lessons now.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by ace23

Gonna need a part time job while I finish college. I am unemployed right now and have no money.

Are piano lessons expensive? Gonna need piano and singing lessons. Randy said singing lessons are expensive can run in the thousands annually.

Regarding acting, my school has a theater/drama department and they put on plays every semester. Gonna check that out and see where that takes me this coming fall semester.

Really you don't need piano lessons (as a beginner.) If you're just starting, you really just need to know a few chords. If you can work your way around those handful of chords you'll be good for now.

Never taken private lessons but I've taken a couple piano classes where I've learned how to play. Can't really play well, I just apply the music theory I've learned in making beats since I just rap.

Singing lessons seem kind of pointless to me, but idk.

Never taken private lessons but I've taken a couple piano classes where I've learned how to play. Can't really play well, I just apply the music theory I've learned in making beats since I just rap.

Singing lessons seem kind of pointless to me, but idk.
    Singing lessons are very important, more so than piano/instrument lessons.

Like you, never had personnel lessons, but learned in courses I've taken during school. I took a music business class, record company class, songwriting class, music theory class, a orchestra class and music production courses.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    Meet people. Talk to them. Develop your interests.
    I've changed my mind after reading this:

If you don't take yourself seriously, neither will anyone else. Shelve the pipe dreams about what it's going to be like when you make it.

You may not have money, but you have both time and opportunity.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    I've changed my mind after reading this:

If you don't take yourself seriously, neither will anyone else. Shelve the pipe dreams about what it's going to be like when you make it.

You may not have money, but you have both time and opportunity.

I am confused by your post. What did I say that makes you think I am not taking myself seriously?

Good luck man. I can somewhat relate to your situation. Though I don't live at home and have had career work, I'm at the point in my life where I'm at a crossroads and need to make some big decisions. That's one of the things about being an adult that you notice, is that the ramifications for your choices get larger at time goes on.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

I am confused by your post. What did I say that makes you think I am not taking myself seriously?
    Replies like this one.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. How often are you on these boards? I can PM you in the future if you like to update how I am progressing.
    You're a grown man -- 27 years old. No one is going to show more than a passing interest in your life. That's reality. From my limited perspective, this whole thread reads like a device you're using to feel like people care about you.

Randy also brought up something very important . Attitude. A good first step would be to honestly ask why you have such a low opinion of yourself.