Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER

Default alpha brain

Bought this product and tried it out. Been hearing about for years on the joe rogan podcast so I was curious.

I give it a 7.5/10. If you work at a desk it definitely makes it easier to focus on tasks that need your attention. I was using it to write sales scripts and again it definitely works. Time would just fly while getting shit done.

The only drawback is the fact that it costs $50 for a two week supply. I can find better supplements that use the same herbal ingredients with ease. Hard to say which ingredient it is exactly that makes the difference but these companies all copy each other regardless so it isn't hard to find a similar mix.

Definitely recommend it for anyone curious that's looking to try it out.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

Default Re: alpha brain

focus and attention pills work. but what are the long term side effects? what if your brain becomes dependent on it to focus, and without the pills after long use the brain becomes more unfocused and blurry before the supplements were used?
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #3
SomeBlackDude
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1

The only drawback is the fact that it costs $50 for a two week supply.

why not just try to get an adderall scrip from your doctor? sure that'd be far more effective and a fraction of the price.
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #4
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude

why not just try to get an adderall scrip from your doctor? sure that'd be far more effective and a fraction of the price.
that's actually what made me curious in the first place. I used adderall and vyvanse pills a few years ago and it was crazy how much of an advantage and boost they gave.

those pills have drawbacks though. they **** up your sleep cycle and that spills into and affects everything else in your life. they'll give you a real edge short-term but over the course of a year or a few years they'll ultimately set you back.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:28 PM   #5
AirBonner
Jordaneering

You can make your own stack that is much more effective for a fraction of that price. They have forums dedicated to nutropics that go way in depth
AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
SomeBlackDude
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
that's actually what made me curious in the first place. I used adderall and vyvanse pills a few years ago and it was crazy how much of an advantage and boost they gave.

those pills have drawbacks though. they **** up your sleep cycle and that spills into and affects everything else in your life. they'll give you a real edge short-term but over the course of a year or a few years they'll ultimately set you back.

true. few times i use addy it was a short term thing and the drawbacks were definitely apparent. turned me into a focused machine but kept me up 24 hrs straight each time, killed my appetite. not something i would do long term.

but there's different dosages i think, pretty sure i went with the higher one. you could try taking the lowest dose available and splitting each pill in half.
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #7
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
true. few times i use addy it was a short term thing and the drawbacks were definitely apparent. turned me into a focused machine but kept me up 24 hrs straight each time, killed my appetite. not something i would do long term.

but there's different dosages i think, pretty sure i went with the higher one. you could try taking the lowest dose available and splitting each pill in half.
Exactly. When you use these pills as performance booster you'll have the best day ever but then it **** up your sleep and you feel like something is missing when you're not using it. Overall just better off not having used it.

Meanwhile some of these nootropic herbal pills are overpriced but they give noticeable benefits without drawbacks other than the hit on the wallet and maybe some minor digestion issues. I'm a believer now.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:03 PM   #8
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Cardiovascular and dhikr.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:27 PM   #9
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Joe Rogan fan?

Lets not forget Rogan was also a tardy conspiracy theorist till he learned better.

Let his shit play out a while before jumping on board.

He is always high, gullible and easily convinced of things.

No free lunch in nature, action, reaction.
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:41 PM   #10
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Joe Rogan is always pushing this on his podcast. I'm skeptical. Not sure what could possibly be in this that you can't get from a healthy diet.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #11
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER

Final score 7/10.

Solid product, does what it's advertised to do. A bit overpriced IMO. Already found a better substitute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Dan
Joe Rogan fan?

Lets not forget Rogan was also a tardy conspiracy theorist till he learned better.

Let his shit play out a while before jumping on board.

He is always high, gullible and easily convinced of things.

No free lunch in nature, action, reaction.
Joe's podcast is great. I definitely tune in once in a while. The reason I bought the supplement now is because I just read a book by the CEO of the product's brand ONNIT and it was a good read.

Lmao at your assessment of Joe. I wouldn't say he's gullible, just has a shallow understanding of some of the topics brought up on the podcast so he lets the experts speak.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: