Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 01-13-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
BigBlue
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BigBlue has an OK reputation so far
Default Does Up tempo Offence means no defense?

What's with the Grizzlies defense since Tony Barone has taken over? Every game the opponent gets over 100 points. It used to be the Grizzlie prided themselves in being one of the best defensive teams in the league - and had 50 wins to prove it.

Now they are one of the worst teams and seem to be getting worse on defense!

I'm not really sold on the up tempo offense but if you are going to go full guns you should be using your best players as starters. Why isn't the coach using Hakim Warrick more? The guy is awesome (good for at least 10 to 20 points a game) if you give him the minutes - but lately he is only getting 8-15 minutes per game. What gives unless he is injured? Instead the coach gives the extra minutes to Rudy Gay - the guy is good but he isn't nearly as good as Warrick at this stage.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
What's with the Grizzlies defense since Tony Barone has taken over? Every game the opponent gets over 100 points. It used to be the Grizzlie prided themselves in being one of the best defensive teams in the league - and had 50 wins to prove it.

Now they are one of the worst teams and seem to be getting worse on defense!

I'm not really sold on the up tempo offense but if you are going to go full guns you should be using your best players as starters. Why isn't the coach using Hakim Warrick more? The guy is awesome (good for at least 10 to 20 points a game) if you give him the minutes - but lately he is only getting 8-15 minutes per game. What gives unless he is injured? Instead the coach gives the extra minutes to Rudy Gay - the guy is good but he isn't nearly as good as Warrick at this stage.

yeah, i was also wondering why they don't play warrick as much anymore
he was the highest scorer on the team the first part of the season and had
31 one game. he can run and is athletic. johnson seems to be a better defensive player than warrick. now with roberts back warrick may get less minutes if that is possible. the problem is they have too many power forwards that they can't play them all at once. gay shouldn't be playing at shooting guard he is a small forward but mike miller is playing that position.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

The problem which I have stated in other posts.Is the grizz are now being allowed to play there game and there defense has no order or structure.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: