Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

Default Re: Can the Rockets beat the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I wouldn't say I see a meltdown for the Rockets tonight, But I have a feeling the Lakers are going to be spot on there game. I think this game is going to kinda give us an idea how the series is going to pan out.

I wouldn't give the series to the Rockets up 2-0 either if they win, but that would be HUGE.

Maybe not a meltdown, but The Rockets tend to start falling apart when other teams are spot on thier game. They will go 6 or 7 trips down the court without a basket at times and then we end up trying to force something thats not there, turning into easy buckets for the opposition.

If the Lakers come out shooting 55/60%, Rockets are Dead in the water. We just have to keep our fingers crossed on that, because Unless teh Rockets shock the hell out of me, WE CANT TRADE BASKETS w/ The Lakers.

We had 16 turnovers in game 1, we have to slow the game down when we have the ball, and be patient getting the ball into Yao, no lazy as passes & take high percentage shots.

If the shots are not falling early, just start going to the basket. Exploit the paint however we can. Get to the free throw line as much as possible.

Do what we can to frustrate Kobe, but we all know, if he is on, he is on. I have a feeling he is gonna be on tonight.

Brooks & Lowry are Huge X-Factors at the PG in this series, they need to keep taking it to the rack.

No chucking from Artest, I dont care if he shot 50% in Game 1 or 3 of 6 from the arc.

Scola needs to hit his wide open jumpers and be more aggressive on the block. Id rather see Artest on the block and Battier shooting threes too.

I dont want to make any predictions as to who is going to win.

2-0 Would be nuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by brandonman
    Maybe not a meltdown, but The Rockets tend to start falling apart when other teams are spot on thier game. They will go 6 or 7 trips down the court without a basket at times and then we end up trying to force something thats not there, turning into easy buckets for the opposition.
    That was before they got out the first round. Rockets finally got that monkey off their backs and they have nothing to lose. They were suppose to meltdown in the 4th last game but they held on and won.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    That was before they got out the first round. Rockets finally got that monkey off their backs and they have nothing to lose. They were suppose to meltdown in the 4th last game but they held on and won.
    I agree, we did execute & hit some HUGE buckets in the 4th and Yao was huge from the line. He took the team on his shoulders in the 4th and sealed that win.

But I cant be one sided, the Lakers missed some open looks at the 3 & that could have changed the tempo and maybe even the outcome.

We played GREAT, WHEN WE NEEDED TOO, BUT We can play better than we did in game one as a whole. As many open shots as the Lakers missed, we should have had a bigger lead than 3 going into the 4th.

I give credit to our frustrating & annoying defense & to our Offense, we put up 100, we dont do that often, especially when the game goes our way, but we have to keep in mind the Lakers did shoot poorly from the free throw line, and missed some wide open 3's.

It's official, Rockets are going to lose game 2: Crawford is officiating

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    FACK ME RUNNING!

They are gonna call every stupid ass call known to man.

My Predictions -
    Kobe Shoots 23 Free Throws Tonight
    Yao Shoots 7 Free Throws Tonight

Bynum, Scola, Yao - All in Early Foul Trouble.

Is the semi Finals, I REALLY HOPE THEY LET THEM PLAY BALL!!!!!

Saw a basketball once

[QUOTE=brandonman]Shane Battier:

Even though Bryant had an off-night shooting (14-of-31 for 32 points), Battier expects the guy he describes as

I sense there will be a lot of whining about the officiating tonight...from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    I sense there will be a lot of whining about the officiating tonight...from both sides.
    NO WHINING TONIGHT GUYS, ITS THE PLAYOFF'S...Nothing we can about the Refs, WE ALL just have to accept it.

There are going to be whistles out the ass tonight, on BOTH sides. AND WE ALL KNOW THERE WILL SOME BULL**** CALLS......We just have play ball.

BUT Im sure there will a Huge thread after the game, about ONE call that is the foul heard round the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Is there ever a game where fans aren't complaining about officiating? Its come to the point where I don't even both about talking about the refs because everyone else has it covered.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

It's hard not to feel it sometimes, but complaining about the refs always seems to come back and bite one on their ass at some point down the road.

That said, it is an interesting assignment.

Still, refs are just another 'condition' that has to be considered and adjusted to much like a soft spot in the floor or the opposition's players and tactics.

Back in the day, I always hated to see Jake O'Donnell assigned to games and much preferred Earl Strom.
    ==================================
    And one does have to try awful hard to find a reason not to like Shane Battier. At the very least, just as a fellow human being, IMHO Kobe owes him an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Is there ever a game where fans aren't complaining about officiating? Its come to the point where I don't even both about talking about the refs because everyone else has it covered.
    REPPED

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    Let the excuses begin as to why the lakers blew out the Rockets. Yes, it will all be due to one referee

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

this is directed to rocket fans:

since some of you are fully confident that your team can actually win this series....30 day avy bet anyone?

Unless the Lakers win convincingly tonight, this series is over..

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Unless the Lakers win convincingly tonight, this series is over..
    calm down buddy