Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Default Life that reflects your values and satisfies your soul is a rare achievement

Default Re: Life that reflects your values and satisfies your soul is a rare achievement

I think one can enjoy the moment they are in yet never be satisfied. In that regard, there is always something to live for - in the now, and the future.

Cool little comic

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Life that reflects your values and satisfies your soul is a rare achievement

This is just fcking awesome...and relates to me personally in several ways as I am both an a professional artist and a new father who is struggling to balance out work time and family time.

thank you for sharing this, makes my day a bit better seeing this

I will say this though, at the end of the day bills need to be payed...unfortunately...and in the long run those bills being payed is very meaningful to your family...IMO to win this game you have to figure out how to pay your bills by doing what it is you WANT to do, which is extremely difficult to achieve, esp on a day-to-day basis.

I have been toying with the idea of writing/drawing a graphic novel for a while now...it will take around 1 year's worth of work, and once my wife finishes her Master's Degree and gets a job I am probably going to go for it...because it is the only way I am going to get to create things that I want to create, and not someone else...and you only live once...unfortunately for that one year my salary will be missing, but fck it...if I end up being successful at it then it would be my dream come true, and I would be my own boss.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    a 13 year old made this
    ?

Bill Watterson is the creator of Calvin and Hobbes

Don't work for anyone else. Quit your job and create a comic strip.

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Don't work for anyone else. Quit your job and create a comic strip.

Got it.

think the gist is - do what makes you happy and not what society tells you to do