Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Are the Celts one of the GOAT peoples of the world?

Second favorite Age of Empires II Civilization.

Banned

The history of the whole great Britain region is really under exposed and not well told these days

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Second favorite Age of Empires II Civilization.

GOAT siege weapons

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    OP is confirmed a descendant of the Celts
    Bruh, trolling has existed since the dawn of man...Aristotle was just trolling the Celts.

That or he was confusing them with his fellow Greeks

The people of the British isles are most closely related to the people of Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    OK...new question, are the Visigothic GOAT peoples of the world?
    No: they sucked ass.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Reading all these comments i just wanna say thank you, it means a lot :)

Here's who isn't the G.O.A.T. people. Any people that isn't around anymore.

Lately I've been reading up on the ancient Celts (pronounced Kelts) because my DNA results showed that me, as a Mexican dude believing until recently that I was mostly indigenous and Spanish ancestry, had nothing in common with the Celtic peoples.

But I had a DNA test done and found out that I have Celtic and Visigothic ancestry
    (explains my mother's blue eyes, blonde hair and white skin by way of my Spanish great grandparents). I used to think the Celts were all about Ireland but these mofos originated in central Europe and spread all through Europe and left their legacy everywhere.

Ireland obviously is where their lasting legacy remains the strongest but a whole lot of people may have Celtic ancestry and have no idea about it...

I might switch my allegiances from Bulls fan to Celtics in honor of my ginger ancestors

On the downside, Billo might be a distant relative
    The fact that you have Spanish ancestry pretty much gives you a 50/50 chance of having celtic or celtiberian ancestry as well, depending on what part of Spain your ancestors were from.

The Celts arrived in the Iberian peninsula through northwest Spain (current Galicia and Asturias) and north Portugal, and they spread out pretty much throughout the whole north half of the peninsula. With the passing of time, the tribes living more to the East (current eastern Castilla la Mancha and western Aragon) became different from the Celts living in the northwest and were known as Celtiberians (with ties with both the Celts and the Iberians).

Banned

YES.

Tiocfaidh

nah, they could easily be defeated with a sunlamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    The fact that you have Spanish ancestry pretty much gives you a 50/50 chance of having celtic or celtiberian ancestry as well, depending on what part of Spain your ancestors were from.

The Celts arrived in the Iberian peninsula through northwest Spain (current Galicia and Asturias) and north Portugal, and they spread out pretty much throughout the whole north half of the peninsula. With the passing of time, the tribes living more to the East (current eastern Castilla la Mancha and western Aragon) became different from the Celts living in the northwest and were known as Celtiberians (with ties with both the Celts and the Iberians).
    Interesting, yeah I'm pretty much reading up on these people. Weird to think that I have ancestral ties to these folks. I never knew my great grandparents, they passed away before I was born but one of my oldest aunts used to tell me stories of my great grandpa, he was an amazing dude. He and his wife came from Spain with only the shirt off his back and within a few years owned a bunch of haciendas and became very wealthy. I remember my aunt telling me that we have relatives in Valladolid and Sevilla, she passed away a few years back so those contacts went with her unless my cousins also knew them, I'll have to ask them the next time I see them.

Banned

Default Re: Are the Celt one of the GOAT peoples of the world?

Another reason dna gets spread so much is rape and slavery. If you sacked a town or village some cultures would expect to then rape all the women leaving their dna in that area or bring scene back to their cities introducing that dna to theirs

Interesting, yeah I'm pretty much reading up on these people. Weird to think that I have ancestral ties to these folks. I never knew my great grandparents, they passed away before I was born but one of my oldest aunts used to tell me stories of my great grandpa, he was an amazing dude. He and his wife came from Spain with only the shirt off his back and within a few years owned a bunch of haciendas and became very wealthy. I remember my aunt telling me that we have relatives in Valladolid and Sevilla, she passed away a few years back so those contacts went with her unless my cousins also knew them, I'll have to ask them the next time I see them.
    Then he may have been a republican fleeing from the Civil War or the political prosecution of the dictatorship that came right after. Lots of republicans migrated to Mexico back then.

Yep.