Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 06-09-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Trades and Draft Picks to Help Hawks make playoffs.

I was reading in todays AJC newpaper and I was reading 5 scenario's that the Hawks could do.

1st scenario

Trade Marvin Williams and Anthony Johnson to the Supersonics for Luke Ridnour and Chris Wilcox. Then the Hawks can draft Spencer Hawes and Al Horford.

2nd scenario

Trade Sheldon Williams and Tyronn Lue to the Nuggets for Marcus Camby. Then Hawks draft Al Horford and Javaris Crittenton

3rd scenario

Trade the No 3 and 11 picks and Sheldon Williams to Memphis for Pau Gasol.

4th scenario

Trade the No 3 and 11 picks and Josh Childress to Phoenix for Amare Stoudermire.

5th scenario this one is only a pipe dream

Trade the No 3 and 11 picks Josh Childress, Anthony Johnson, Sheldon Williams, and Lorenzen Wright to Minneosota for KG.

Last edited by idizzle : 06-09-2007 at 12:14 PM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Trades and Draft Picks to Help Hawks make playoffs.

Making sense for each scenario

1st scenario

Ridnour and Wilcox fill in the needs the Hawks starting lineup and the Hawks could use the picks to draft the best talent.

2nd scenario

The Hawks will have an inside presence and he will give Joe Johnson make opportunities to score.

3rd scenario

Camby teams up with Josh Smith to control the paint and the Nuggets won't go over the luxury tax.

4th scenario

Also another big contract the Hawks can take and help Phoenix from going over the luxury tax and the Hawks would have Amare and Josh Smith controling the paint.

5th scenario

Its a pipe dream but if KG came to the Hawks they would be a threat in the East.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

Making sense for each scenario

1st scenario

Ridnour and Wilcox fill in the needs the Hawks starting lineup and the Hawks could use the picks to draft the best talent.

2nd scenario

The Hawks will have an inside presence and he will give Joe Johnson make opportunities to score.

3rd scenario

Camby teams up with Josh Smith to control the paint and the Nuggets won't go over the luxury tax.

4th scenario

Also another big contract the Hawks can take and help Phoenix from going over the luxury tax and the Hawks would have Amare and Josh Smith controling the paint.

5th scenario

Its a pipe dream but if KG came to the Hawks they would be a threat in the East.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

frankthetank966 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I was reading in todays AJC newpaper and I was reading 5 scenario's that the Hawks could do.

1st scenario

Trade Marvin Williams and Anthony Johnson to the Supersonics for Luke Ridnour and Chris Wilcox. Then the Hawks can draft Spencer Hawes and Al Horford.

2nd scenario

Trade Sheldon Williams and Tyronn Lue to the Nuggets for Marcus Camby. Then Hawks draft Al Horford and Javaris Crittenton

3rd scenario

Trade the No 3 and 11 picks and Sheldon Williams to Memphis for Pau Gasol.

4th scenario

Trade the No 3 and 11 picks and Josh Childress to Phoenix for Amare Stoudermire.

5th scenario this one is only a pipe dream

Trade the No 3 and 11 picks Josh Childress, Anthony Johnson, Sheldon Williams, and Lorenzen Wright to Minneosota for KG.

My take:
Scenario 1: B
We get two average point and average inside man. We do get to get the picks and get talent.

Scenario 2: B+
We get the games best defensive center and a solid center and scorer. We would have to get Hortford and Criggteon to make up for the loss of Shelden and we would get a underated PG with Crittenton.

Scenario 3: C
Gasol is great but we would still need a PG, defensive forward since we are losing Shelden.

Scenario 4: B-
I love Stodamire but yet again we would still need a PG.

Scenario 5:B-
Way too much to give up for KG.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: