Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Default Re: Chauncey Billups likely has torn achilles, may retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    He's not the answer this season dude. At earliest he will likely be available in March. We can't count on him. The team needs to step up as if we AREN'T going to get help. If Foye, Bledsoe step up... we will be just fine. People act like Billups is the difference between contending and not contending .

The Clippers statistically get a lot better when Billups goes to the bench.
    I think Foye and Bledsoe really will help. You can't really count on those guys though because they have suspect jumpers. Foye will be blazing hot one day, ice cold another day. Bledsoe I don't even trust his jumper at all.

Point is, Billups hits big shots at clutch moments and I dont know if Bledsoe or Foye will be able to do that. The game winner against Dallas, the barrage of clutch 3s against Denver, the way he got to the line in crunch time against Utah, the back to back 3s last night in regulation. I just don't see Bledsoe or Foye being able to draw calls or hit the big 3s like Chauncey did.

JR on the other hand is a proven scorer I think he come in and give us scoring when the offense gets stagnant especially when we play a zone and imagine how we will easily bust the zone when CP3 has both Mo and JR on the wings. Also I know people bring up character issues but I think having Billups, Kmart, CP3 on the team, they will be able to keep him in check. All those guys played together before so I don't think it will be a problem.

He's not the answer this season dude. At earliest he will likely be available in March. We can't count on him. The team needs to step up as if we AREN'T going to get help. If Foye, Bledsoe step up... we will be just fine. People act like Billups is the difference between contending and not contending .

The Clippers statistically get a lot better when Billups goes to the bench.
    Pretty sure the clippers 2 best teams had Billups in lineup.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Pretty sure the clippers 2 best teams had Billups in lineup.
    The offense skyrockets with Mo Williams over Billups. Takes a hit defensively. With Foye... the defense improves big and the offense takes a decent hit. Basically Billups brought better overall balance... but the contributions CAN be made up.

I'm not by any means saying Clippers are better off without him. I'm just saying the team has enough guards to at least fill in production wise and that they are by no means out of contention based on this injury. There are certain things Williams/Foye can't replace... but it won't be enough to stop a very good, amazingly constructed team like this one.

Once the Clippers integrate Kenyon into the rotation... the team is going to keep improving as they build chemistry. This team is nowhere near peaked right now yet is off to the best start since 1974.

Thanks for numbers.... good read but I wasn't wrong about the numbers. Clippers offense improves with Mo, defense gets worse. Also with Foye instead of Billups (combined with CP3) the Clippers defense is actually better though they don't show that line up here. So as I said above... Billups provides the best balance of offense and defense. That being said... people are overreacting.

It's a big blow... but the Clippers still have a good shot to contend this year.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 02-07-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Banned

Thanks goodness mine was only a sprained achilles...Probably 3-4months ago I played pick up ball and wasn't even trying that hard, but I went up high for a rebound and uncharacteristically, I just totally landdd wrong...It felt like I was done but luckily I iced it within like a minute...Then I went home and iced it for hours straight while elevating my foot on a pillow. This was the scariest injury of my life. Hopefully Chauncey gets good treatment and it ends up not quite being as serious as they think. Good luck Chauncey Buh-Buh-BBBBillups!

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
    Thanks goodness mine was only a sprained achilles...Probably 3-4months ago I played pick up ball and wasn't even trying that hard, but I went up high for a rebound and uncharacteristically, I just totally landdd wrong...It felt like I was done but luckily I iced it within like a minute...Then I went home and iced it for hours straight while elevating my foot on a pillow. This was the scariest injury of my life. Hopefully Chauncey gets good treatment and it ends up not quite being as serious as they think. Good luck Chauncey Buh-Buh-BBBBillups!
    Damn crazy. I had an achilles injury but not sure what it was. I sprinted without warming up and heard a loud pop in my achilles. It was a deep burning sensation and for about 2-3 weeks it was sore and I had a limp. I didn't go to a doctor and it healed up on it's own. Probably a strain?

Local High School Star

man billups not playing this season? that is crazy. too bad he had a good career and was one of the more likeable guys on the clippers

The Clippers are really going to regret trading Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    I think Foye and Bledsoe really will help. You can't really count on those guys though because they have suspect jumpers. Foye will be blazing hot one day, ice cold another day. Bledsoe I don't even trust his jumper at all.

Point is, Billups hits big shots at clutch moments and I dont know if Bledsoe or Foye will be able to do that. The game winner against Dallas, the barrage of clutch 3s against Denver, the way he got to the line in crunch time against Utah, the back to back 3s last night in regulation. I just don't see Bledsoe or Foye being able to draw calls or hit the big 3s like Chauncey did.

JR on the other hand is a proven scorer I think he come in and give us scoring when the offense gets stagnant especially when we play a zone and imagine how we will easily bust the zone when CP3 has both Mo and JR on the wings. Also I know people bring up character issues but I think having Billups, Kmart, CP3 on the team, they will be able to keep him in check. All those guys played together before so I don't think it will be a problem.
    JR has yet to commit to the clippers, right? Did i miss the signing?

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    man billups not playing this season? that is crazy. too bad he had a good career and was one of the more likeable guys on the clippers

The Clippers are really going to regret trading Gordon
    Clippers are off to their best start since 1974 and 2nd best start in franchise history. Gordon has been injured all year, minny pick may not even be lotto pick now, kaman and aminu sucj this year. What would they possibly regret? Stop reaching.

Banned

Clippers curse for you, it had to happen some time you know..

Official now, out for 8 months.. tough

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Official now, out for 8 months.. tough
    Normally its 12 months minimum. Could be back at start of next year.

Clippers are off to their best start since 1974 and 2nd best start in franchise history. Gordon has been injured all year, minny pick may not even be lotto pick now, kaman and aminu sucj this year. What would they possibly regret? Stop reaching.
    No you could have got Paul without trading Gordon, you caved. Just like we could have gotten Melo without Gallo. It's not true, but people like to make up their own little mental scenarios so they can badmouth your acquisition. DOn't bother arguing.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    Clippers curse for you, it had to happen some time you know..
    Cant wait to read Bill Simmons piece