Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 02-12-2008, 02:13 PM   #16
jailer
MillionDollarException

Default Re: Who should we sign?

Ok maybe on paper or on nba 2k8 Josh Smith would be good. This guy will come in and think that its his team. It is now rudy gays team. Smith is pretty full of himself. I just dont think it will work.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #17
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Ok maybe on paper or on nba 2k8 Josh Smith would be good. This guy will come in and think that its his team. It is now rudy gays team. Smith is pretty full of himself. I just dont think it will work.

where did you get that impression? josh smith already plays a secondary role on offense to joe johnson, he doesn't seem to mind. he is a very good (and willing) passer too for a guy thats 6'9.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #18
jailer
MillionDollarException

I agree that he is talented. But after his first two seasons and getting hype from the media. He got a big head. He argued with there old coach from time to time. He could be a problem on this squad that is trying to rebuild.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #19
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I agree that he is talented. But after his first two seasons and getting hype from the media. He got a big head. He argued with there old coach from time to time. He could be a problem on this squad that is trying to rebuild.

their old coach? the hawks have had the same coach for his whole career, mike woodson, who has said many positive things about him..
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:50 AM   #20
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
their old coach? the hawks have had the same coach for his whole career, mike woodson, who has said many positive things about him..

Although he was wrong about the 'old coach' thing, he is right about Josh Smith thinking he's the ****. It's been told a number of times that he often gets angry after games because he thinks the ball didn't come to him enough so he could score etc. etc., and from time to time, he has been known to argue with the coaching staff extensively about his role on the team.

Also, I recall last year Zaza Pachulia and Smith got into an argument after a game where Smith was critizing everyones efforts in the game. Zaza had him pinned up against a wall telling to 'never say that kind of stuff about your teammates'. Since then, though - I haven't heard much of Smith being a hard-ass to the coaching staff or anything like that. He's really matured this season and is finally accepting of his role, but I think it's because his role for the Hawks has changed.

With that said, I'd like to see him playing for the Grizzlies at the PF spot, there'd be so much athleticism and versatility in the front-court, and hopefully if they draft well enough, they should be a very athletic running team for the future. Ahh, the possibilities!
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #21
jailer
MillionDollarException

I thought mike woodson got fired. So I was actually talking about him. We need to just wait and see what happens. Maybe we get more picks. We should try trading miller to a team that would be willing to trade there pick. Like the warriors or the blazers. That way there is a good chance of getting two lottery picks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: