Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Have you ever played a HS Sport? Is so, what's your favorite memory?

I've played Football and my best memory was beating our HS rivals in crunch time when being down for 3 quarters.

Default Re: Have you ever played a HS Sport? Is so, what's your favorite memory?

running my best time and having the girl i like screaming my name

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Have you ever played a HS Sport? Is so, what's your favorite memory?

Played basketball and did track.

I wasn't too great at basketball and rode the pine quite a bit, but I remember getting significant minutes in one game and I did (what was for me) filling up the stat sheet. Probably only 8 points (off good shooting %), but included about 4 rebounds, 5-6 assists, 2 blocks, and a couple of steals.

Track is harder to pinpoint 1 moment because I took first place a lot in my sprints. Though, in college it was probably getting under 50 seconds in the 400 and discovering it by having my teammates run up to me and pick up my lifeless corpse off the ground in celebration.

Edit: Actually, I remember a specific 1 for HS track. My class viewed this one guy who matured early as the most athletic and fastest guy in the class since middle school (he was also kind of a douche). My freshman year, he was the only varsity sprinter from my class, while I was consistently getting first in JV. At the beginning of the Sophomore season, I was put in my first varsity race and was in the lane next to him. I beat him, he was a douche about it and called it a fluke. He never beat me again in those final 3 years of high school. He was still a douche, but he never trash talked me ever again.
    Last edited by Myth; 10-26-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Running a train on this stacked cheerleader behind the bleachers. I think it as a cheerleader, she had pom-poms.

I remember running track and I lost the race against the rival school and this ho calling me slowass and a turtle.

Thanksgiving Day football junior year against our rival. Pouring rain all day so the field got torn up. Best part was our coach let us wear white on white and get absolutely dirty.

raep tiem

Played basketball. Best memory is going to the national championship

basketball and adminton. I was better at badminton, went state

I also remember sprinting 1 on 1 as the final leg of a 4x1 team against our rival school, and beating Derek Anderson even though I had an injured knee and was only a freshman. Derek Anderson went on to play QB at Oregon State and has had a not so great NFL career.

NBA lottery pick

Doing the fat man relay at a track meet.

I wrestled and this one time we were tied in team score, I was the last match, we went to 4 overtimes and I won with literally 5 seconds left. It was their homecoming and both crowds had been going nuts since before the first overtime. Coaches were about to fight. Parents were about to fight. And when I won I flipped off their crowd and there was about to be a serious brawl. It was the best feeling I don't think i'll ever forget that

In football when I was a freshman we were one game away from going to the state championship. I was only on special teams but we were down 14 midway through the 3rd. I wrecked this kid on kickoff and forced a fumble and then we scored. Then we had to do an onside kid with like 3 mins left in the game. The ball was bouncing high as hell and I just dived through the air between like 4 of their guys and got the ball. We won and ultimately won states. Had mad bytches on my dick after that one

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Doing the fat man relay at a track meet.
    I always loved watching those. They were sorely missed in college track meets.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    And when I won I flipped off their crowd
    Classy.

I pitched sometimes and I was an outfielder as well on a so-so team. The top four teams made the playoffs and we'd make it if we won this game. I was playing CF. We were winning 6-0 the whole game practically and our pitcher implodes, gives up 4 runs, and then shits his pants and walks three hitters to load the bases. Our coach brought me in and just said throw strikes and we'll deal with it. (The starter was much better than me.) Stupid batter was trying to walk to bring in a run, got the first strike, then he swung and missed the second, then took the third pitch right down the pipe for a strikeout. Everyone rushed the mound. It was pretty fun.

Funny aside, my girlfriend was this really cute girl who was probably a space alien (she lived in her own world) was sitting there staring at her nails or something and missed the celebration and asked me "who won?" when i got her later.

Banned

Another question for people: Have you ever got into/almost got into a fight during a game?

I almost started a fight playing Football because this big motherf[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cker was playing dirty the whole game, so in the 4th, I constantly pushed him after the whistle and talked sh[COLOR="Black"]it[/COLOR]. I never got a flag thrown on me so I was stoked.