Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Blazers Flow Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Yeah, it makes me incredibly hard too.

lold

gotta respect such teamwork ando no iso-ball

Lillard is doing what the last few years #1 picks like Irving and Wall can't do which is make his team play winning ball.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Lillard is doing what the last few years #1 picks like Irving and Wall can't do which is make his team play winning ball.

Lillard also underestimates his own team in the preseason thinking they can improve to 5 more wins this season. Lot of people balked at that but look at the blazers now... Great team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Yeah Lillard is way better than Irving and Wall at being drafted to a team with better players who aren't always hurt.

LMA really got a sweet stroke

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grantz
    Lillard also underestimates his own team in the preseason thinking they can improve to 5 more wins this season. Lot of people balked at that but look at the blazers now... Great team.
    A little early to call them great. Teams will make adjustments to them.

I think what makes that offense so hard to guard is that it is really simple (fairly easy to execute) yet very complex from a defensive standpoint. There is a ton of movement and it is not just lazy UCLA cuts or a v-cut. They are aggressive movements that give leeway for different things to branch off from them. You get to see in the video as the team adjusts by making curls, flares, PnR actions, etc. It really is beautiful to see players with talent like the Blazers have run an offense like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I think what makes that offense so hard to guard is that it is really simple (fairly easy to execute) yet very complex from a defensive standpoint. There is a ton of movement and it is not just lazy UCLA cuts or a v-cut. They are aggressive movements that give leeway for different things to branch off from them. You get to see in the video as the team adjusts by making curls, flares, PnR actions, etc. It really is beautiful to see players with talent like the Blazers have run an offense like that.
    i havent watched a lot of blazers games. but how different is the offense now from last year? or is the difference just that you're now hitting the shots you get (with better players)

I think a big difference is just the bench depth on this team, especially in the backcourt. Dorrell Wright and Mo Williams have been really solid contributors off the bench which avoids a significant drop off. Add in Thomas Robinson and you have a really solid 8 man rotation. The bigs really help the offense work by setting good screens, which I think is an underrated attribute for Robin and T-Rob. Of course, guys just get better too. Lillard looks sharper, turns it over less, gives better effort on defense, etc.

Defense is probably the most important factor tho. They have a legitimate front line now with Robin and LMA with T-Rob and a mix of Freeland/Leonard which has made things a lot easier. They ranked 21st in points per game defensively last season and they are now 10th.

watched the Knicks/Blazers game yesterday, Terry Stots really has these guys sharing the ball. We'll see how long that lasts, but it's tough to beat them when they get so many consecutive open looks. I'm not really sure why they don't just pressure the passer to put it on the floor? I noticed the Knicks started doing that about midway in the 2nd and then they went to pick and roll. I would say do that but Lillard and Aldridge are great pick and roll players, plus Wes Matthews and Batum can shoot either corner three, so they really spread you out. Rick Carlisle must have taught this guy some tricks

Knicks/Blazers game was entertaining. Blazers are really exciting to watch now.