Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default Lebron says he is "number one leader" of Team USA

is he serious the leaders of the team are obviously Kobe and J-Kidd...This is the exact reason why people like myself dont want Lebron on the final Olympic team

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron says he is "number one leader" of Team USA

Kobe is really taking initiative in leading that team. its basically his team.

1. Veterans are the Difference Makers

Yes, the captains of Team USA are the young trio of LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, but the two players who had the biggest impact on Team USA this weekend were Jason Kidd and Kobe Bryant.

Neither player was on the team in Japan last summer, Bryant had his knee to rehab and Kidd hadn't received his USAB invite in the mail yet, but both players made their presence felt in Vegas. It's just the clout that comes from experience. If a two-time scoring champion is taking extra shots after practice, you might want to follow his lead. If a 35-year old man who has made the NBA All-Defensive Team seven times in his career is out there taking charges in scrimmages, you're bound to sacrifice your body just a little bit more.

Here's a closer look at the old guys:

2. Jason Kidd:

"I didn’t come here to lose."
    That's what Kidd said after Sunday's scrimmage, telling the gathered media the same thing that he told to the rest of the team a few days before. J-Kidd is 28-0 all time in international competition. How can you lose with a guy like that? Remember when Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez started off his career 8-0 in the playoffs? When he took the mound, the Yankees' collective confidence soared and they expected to win. The same goes for Team USA when Kidd is running the point.

The Blue-White game was vintage Kidd; eight assists, six rebounds, two steals and zero shot attempts through the first 39 minutes of the game and then with his team trailing by one, he drives and puts in a go-ahead layup with 21 seconds left in the game.

3. Kobe Bryant:

The scrimmage didn't count for anything, but for somebody as competitive as Kobe who wants to win at everything, that game-winner over Tayshaun Prince had to feel good. He's so competitive he probably takes personal satisfaction when his luggage is the first to pop out onto the conveyor belt at baggage claim.
    Bryant scored the Blue team's last seven points to take the lead, and then deftly defended LeBron James on the final possession to secure the victory. Kobe finished the scrimmage with 26 points, five assists and five steals.
    "I’ve been looking forward to this for a while and to be in this position to be able to represent my country, it’s special man. It’s special," Bryant said on Friday after participating in the first USA practice in his 11-year career.

I think coach K might have to officially change the captains over to Kidd and Kobe just so Lebron understands that he has to pull back and play his role this year....Originally Kobe was the only captain but he got hurt, now i think they should switch it to dual captains...

I don't even like Kobe and I would say it is his team. I would dare say, the team will only go as far as he takes them, maybe that is pushing it.

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

am I the only one that noticed Bron needed an intro of him hitting a couple shots at first?
    it probably wasn't his idea(even if it was, I wouldn't be surprised)

but I just thought it was ironic that they showed him draining shots

He shouldn't even have been a captain last year, should've been Melo himself. Certainly isn't this year. ESPN probably told him to say that

Can't believe he said that the guys are going to look for him to provide a voice and for leadership. What a joke

"Number one leader" sounds like something a Chinese immigrant with poor English skills would say.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I think coach K might have to officially change the captains over to Kidd and Kobe just so Lebron understands that he has to pull back and play his role this year....Originally Kobe was the only captain but he got hurt, now i think they should switch it to dual captains...
    Kidd and Kobe are the TRUE captains of Team USA. LeBron James can call himself the "#1 leader" until he turns blue in the face and it doesn't mean sh!t.

LeBronze is a bonafide CHOKER and hasn't led worth SH!T as the "FACE" of Team USA the past couple of years. If anything, he has become the "butt" of all the Team USA failure jokes (hence "LeBronze").

This guy's arrogance and attitude is getting out of hand. Not surprising from someone who has "Chosen One" tattoed across his hairy back; Has "Witness" tattoed down his lower leg; and goes by "King James."

Memo to LeBron.....learn to hit a phucking jumpshot and make a damn crucial FT becfore proclaiming yourself to be a leader.

While you're at it....have some RESPECT for the veteran leaders and champions on this team.

Very good NBA starter

This guy is clueless. WTF.

The funniest part is that it makes more sense to have Kidd, Kobe, Melo starting and have James on the bench. Coach K knows it and hopefully will sit Bron. His ego needs to be checked. I also think this may hurt Lebron among his peers. Kidd will probably sit him down and tell him whats up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    "Number one leader" sounds like something a Chinese immigrant with poor English skills would say.
    LeBron is dumb as a brick. Ever heard him talk in a pre/post game interview.

IF not for basketball, dude would be flipping burgers in some joint in Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    Kidd and Kobe are the TRUE captains of Team USA. LeBron James can call himself the "#1 leader" until he turns blue in the face and it doesn't mean sh!t.

LeBronze is a bonafide CHOKER and hasn't led worth SH!T as the "FACE" of Team USA the past couple of years. If anything, he has become the "butt" of all the Team USA failure jokes (hence "LeBronze").

This guy's arrogance and attitude is getting out of hand. Not surprising from someone who has "Chosen One" tattoed across his hairy back; Has "Witness" tattoed down his lower leg; and goes by "King James."

Memo to LeBron.....learn to hit a phucking jumpshot and make a damn crucial FT becfore proclaiming yourself to be a leader.

While you're at it....have some RESPECT for the veteran leaders and champions on this team.

He's clearly not as bad as you say he is, since he probably was a top 2 or 3 player last summer on team USA. He averaged 14 ppg on 58% shooting, not to mention leading the team in rebounds.

That's just plain disrespectful.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Hey Lebron can think that. And when he misses more clutch shots he will regret saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    Hey Lebron can think that. And when he misses more clutch shots he will regret saying it.
    It's not even the clutch shots. It's the fact that he's a, what, 22 year old saying he's the leader over one of the greatest scorers ever and one of the greatest PG's ever in Kidd? Once when the Nets faced the Cavaliers, after the game Lebron said he's one of the greatest point guards ever and it was an honour to play with him - now he's saying he leads him?

The man is clearly insane.

Also note: He said that before the Team USA scrimmage.